Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. (29775 Views)

N19bn Paris Club Scam: EFCC Report Indicts Saraki, Aides, Ex-bank MD / Buhari Bows In Front Of Senator Akpabio (Photo) / Lagos To Spend N19bn On 114 Roads. Check If A Road Close To You Is Listed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by oloriooko(m): 6:47am On Jan 06, 2016
The question is has PMB surrounded himself with competent hands?
On one hand, it is shameful and repeated error by the government that the president is being portrayed as ignorant of somethings happening under his watch
Presenting and later withdrawing budget for the year due to bloated feeding allocation is simply gross incompetent by his aides and ultimately the president himself.

On the other hand, he did well to quickly withdraw and adjust the figures after public outcry which means he feels the pulse of the electorate that voted him
Furthermore, the electorate must learn to constructively criticise PMB and demand fulfilment of all the campaign promises he made.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by ojasy: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2016
I pray all d promise are fulfilled may d lord help us
smiley
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by UncleDeeee(m): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2016
mars123:
wailing is criticism where commendation is necessary undecided

May common sense locate you IJN
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Angelovic96: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2016
nnachukz:
Buhari knows nothing in that budget, he can't read clearly especially when it has to do with figures, he gets confused. That was why he got F in Mathematics and Economics in the result his Principal as the chairman of WAEC gave him. You know zombies when after reading that most of the figures are higher than what Jonathan spent in previous years and they still tell you the man is economical in his spending unlike GEJ who lavished our money.

Am happy that Nigerians are seeing this, how can you give your mandate to a man who knows nothing i mean nothing what stops him from studying the budget before presenting it to NASS.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by chidinwachukwu(m): 7:03am On Jan 06, 2016
That's what you get From a president,that can't comprehend figures,can u imagine?,A seriously very important working document for the development of 2016,the Man who calls himself the President did not go through it.and still South West Cone head ye.Ro.bers,are busy sycophantically supporting the budget,Buhari you downfall will come from these Cone Heads.Quote me any day.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by olutunde12(m): 7:08am On Jan 06, 2016
It is only the matter of time ,this apc may crumble the same way they went up with lies and incoherency. Shehu is imlying here that the figures have changed abi? May be jonathan changed it. PDP is very docile and ineffective when it comes to dealing with opposition. Tinubu was supposed to just be released from prison by his brother buhari. PdP was playing good boys. These ones came and started throwing them in prison. I hope they have learnt their lessons!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Osgilliat(m): 7:15am On Jan 06, 2016
I would rather have a president that can't read yet performing, over a professor turned president that failed for six years.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by olutunde12(m): 7:19am On Jan 06, 2016
ojasy:
I pray all d promise are fulfilled may d lord help us
smiley

This man has 49 months to fulfil 110 promises. 7 months are gone already and he has not started doing anything. So use youe maths or english or geography or anything to tell us the possibility of fulfilling anything. Buhari's people will soon come up with a counter thread to say this is not true.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by olutunde12(m): 7:22am On Jan 06, 2016
Osgilliat:
I would rather have a president that can't read yet performing, over a professor turned president that failed for six years.

Highlight here what he has performed pls.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by tete7000(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2016
The President wants to fight corruption yet he is not meticulous enough to scrutinise budget figures that passed through his office. Only God knows how many such hidden figures will evade him in the course of his regime. Gross Incompetence!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by erico2k2(m): 8:17am On Jan 06, 2016
Rose2014:
Ngeneukwenu won't like this grin

This is the height of incompetence. Imagine this.

Shame on sycophants. While they're on one end defending the budget, Buhari has withdrawn it from the other end. Their oga didn't even read the details of the budget before presenting to NASS yet his robots were busy cheering him and opening threads to educate us how the budget is great for Nigeria cheesy cheesy

Sycophants will ruin this administration faster than the opposition

I smell a rat.IMF said they won't borrow us a dime.and china is watching from afar so where was he going to borrow to fund the budget?I think he knew what was in the budget. They where trying to pull a quick o e on us.Anything abI've the last budget which is not geared towards Infrastructural development and capital projects is a SCAM
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by sunnyemma2(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2016
That's good
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2016
olutunde12:

This man has 49 months to fulfil 110 promises. 7 months are gone already and he has not started doing anything. So use youe maths or english or geography or anything to tell us the possibility of fulfilling anything. Buhari's people will soon come up with a counter thread to say this is not true.
Let me help.they should calculate how many 7 months there are in 4 years.Then they will know they are in a one chance government
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by erico2k2(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2016
oloriooko:
The question is has PMB surrounded himself with competent hands?
On one hand, it is shameful and repeated error by the government that the president is being portrayed as ignorant of somethings happening under his watch
Presenting and later withdrawing budget for the year due to bloated feeding allocation is simply gross incompetent by his aides and ultimately the president himself.

On the other hand, he did well to quickly withdraw and adjust the figures after public outcry which means he feels the pulse of the electorate that voted him
Furthermore, the electorate must learn to constructively criticise PMB and demand fulfilment of all the campaign promises he made.
Storey 4 the gods yoyu seriously think we Nigerians hav e the time and patience to wait?he cannot learn on the Job he should hit the ground running at least that was the change he promised
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by babadem2much(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2016
Agimor:
I thought they painted Buhari as been dictator and authocratic. Silly wailers! This is a government that gives a listening ear to the masses and then makes use of their suggestions and opinions.

You are on point my man, this guys (wailers) can not just go chill since the defeat hence grumbling about anything good have become their hubby.

#BABAONPOINT a man with listening ears to d masses n dumb ears to the looters
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by sammyj: 8:53am On Jan 06, 2016
He did not listen to the masses rather he preferred to listen to his corrupt cohorts !!! shocked cool tongue
8unit:

If jonathan never listened he won't have lost election
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by kaybee09(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2016
Listening president. Allah ja zamani
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
wachakuta:
That is a leader that Listens to his people
wailer will never see it likke this!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by bankylan: 9:11am On Jan 06, 2016
wachakuta:
That is a leader that Listens to his people

Slaves are u still here? I beg u, please don't make the mistake your predecessors made...never allow your children to inherit slavery...
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2016
Rose2014:

Shame on sycophants. While they're on one end defending the budget, Buhari has withdrawn it from the other end. Their oga didn't even read the details of the budget before presenting to NASS yet his robots were busy cheering him and opening threads to educate us how the budget is great for Nigeria cheesy cheesy

tot u wailers said the president is a dictator? U pple shud be ashamed of urselves! Am jus proud of d president!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by manutdadex(m): 10:10am On Jan 06, 2016
TimeManager:
@Bigmarx, I take no offense in all what you said.Your tone was cautiously chastising, however,there is a mix up which needs a little balance of clarity.
The budget was a victim of timing.The president ought to have presented the budget 1& half months before the end of the current fiscal year.Hence, the budget clearly run against time given the delay in the appointment of ministers.This is a clear pointer to the fact that the budget was not the brain child of Udo Emmanuel.He was appointed 6wks before the presentation as against a normal period of 4to5 months.In view of this,the template of the past administration had to be employed unfortunately.It is also instructive to know that overheads are different from personal costs(pc) in the manner of review.MDAs are prunned hence a corresponding reduction in overheads.meanwhile, personal cost is subject to an adjustment from the personel & by extension the budget office.The president/vp's pc are the bone of contention which PMB is calling for adjustment. Truth!
pmb late appoint ministers.....so whose fault is it that we av a shallow budget....d wisdom of anu leader lies on hw u deligate.....if d budget na 5000 pages....y do u av aides and advicers
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Kennydoc(m): 10:26am On Jan 06, 2016
Agimor:
I thought they painted Buhari as been dictator and authocratic. Silly wailers! This is a government that gives a listening ear to the masses and then makes use of their suggestions and opinions.

Guy, abeg shut up there!
Did you suddenly lose your sight when you read this part of the post:
“The president became alarmed when his
attention was called to the fact that the figures were higher to that of his predecessor, whom he criticised.

Would he have withdrawn the budget if not for the point in quote?
He was only making a face-saving move, not that he cared about anything or anybody.
Again, his incompetence and that of the administration is made obvious by reason of the fact that they presented a budget they didn't fully understand:
Reacting, Buhari’s His Special Assistant on
Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu had on Monday
admitted that some figures in the budget were new.
“Some of these figures being quoted are strange to us.” Shehu stated.
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Skybee1(m): 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Validated:
Incompetence is going to announce a budget you know nothing about!
Buhari sef grin grin

Is this the Change
hahahahaahhahaaha i swear ds man is confuc
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Skybee1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
drss2:
no mind dem. in oder to hide their shame, they ar claiming buari's withdrawal of budget from national assembly was because we is a listening president. grin president who never read his own policy framework before presenting it to national assembly Talk of mumunism in action. nigerians should demand for buari's resignation. evil element can take advantage of his lack of reading culture to sell nigeria off. no be to sign one document
hahahahahaahahah guy u sef ehhh no allowed all ds buari ass licker hear u oo lwkmd
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Skybee1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
tuale4u:
This are d kind of news i want. A president sensitive to the masses.

Ride on Buhari
Thank you for aknowledging d extravagance in the Budget
kip on decivin ur sef,zombie parade
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Skybee1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
i cnt see nigeria goin far wit dis confuce president on seat who knwz nofin abt economy n hw to run administative office oda dan rearin of cow n paradin military camp,naija is too big fo u mr president to joke wit,pliz kindly resign n gv ur mare commisioner osinbaba whr sabi book small a chance let see wah e can offer ds country cos d way finz r goin,we r finish already,baba mbok
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Akious2k2(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Rose2014:

Oga, Cool down now... Have u not started feeling the wind of Change since d beginning of this admin.

I love this step by PMB... It shows dat we have a listening President
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Akious2k2(m): 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
This ultimately shows dat we have a listening President who is responsive 2 d yearnings of the masses... I'm not sure the past administration would have done this even if Nigerians shout more than they did now

Good move by PMB
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by mars123(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
ICEFLAME419ja:

Day by day the likes and shares for the zombies on comments are reducing ,you zombies might wanna change lanes soon but you know what !!!! Huh !!! ,,,I'd love your president to rule even beyond 2019....lol ,Kuz y'all zombies gonner be gunners then,oluwa noni ,I ain't feeling shit n I'm gonna stay that way .
e pain am!!!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Codyt(m): 7:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Story teller oshi undecided
nnachukz:
Buhari knows nothing in that budget, he can't read clearly especially when it has to do with figures, he gets confused. That was why he got F in Mathematics and Economics in the result his Principal as the chairman of WAEC gave him. You know zombies when after reading that most of the figures are higher than what Jonathan spent in previous years and they still tell you the man is economical in his spending unlike GEJ who lavished our money.
I no blame you. Why? Because there's freedom of speech. What a comment!
Re: Buhari Bows To Outrage, Orders Reduction Of Presidency’s N19bn Budget. by Aysup247: 6:06am On Mar 23, 2023
APC mirage change

Very strange to believe this ,we have had different https://blendng.com/news/ breaking news report on naira swap that is drying our blood gradually in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS Attack: Full Text Of Governor Oyetola's Broadcast / Enugu East: Kelvin Chibuzor Chukwu Emerges LP Candidate / Niger-Delta Militants Blowup Warri Chevron Valve Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.