Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,031 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Was There Ever Nothing? Part 4 (who Part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was There Ever Nothing? Part 4 (who Part 2) (548 Views)

Rccg April 2018 Holy Ghost Service - Stronger Than You Enemies Part 4 / (part 4).TRAITS OF OGBANJE SPIRITS. / The Seal Of God Vs The Mark Of The Beast Part 4. (The Beast Revealed!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was There Ever Nothing? Part 4 (who Part 2) by winner01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
This is the final installment in a series that began with Was There Ever Nothing?, (https://www.nairaland.com/2844591/there-ever-nothing-1)
followed by Something (https://www.nairaland.com/2844614/there-ever-nothing-part-2)
then followed by Who (https://www.nairaland.com/2844622/there-ever-nothing-part-3)

The primary points made in those studies are as follows:

(1) Absolutely Nothing never existed. If it had, there would still be Absolutely Nothing now. But Something Else exists. You, for example.

(2) Since Absolutely Nothing never existed, there was always a time when there was something in existence. This something we can call the Eternal Something. The Eternal Something has no beginning and no end, has no needs that It Itself cannot meet, can do whatever is possible that can be done, and will always be superior to anything It produces.

(3) The Eternal Something is not a machine, controlled or programmed by any force outside Itself. And the Eternal Something will not produce out of necessity, since It has no needs. Therefore, if It produces Something Else, It must decide to do so. That means that the Eternal Something has a will; thus, It is personal. Therefore, the Eternal Something must actually be an Eternal Someone (or Someones).

Continuing on, what can we discern about the Eternal Someone, beyond what has been stated already? (It's necessary here to transition from using "It" to "He" or "She" because the Eternal Something is an Eternal Someone. "He" has been chosen but gender is not an issue in this discussion.)

Since the Eternal Someone has no needs that He cannot fulfill on His own, He can exist without need of any kind of environment, for He existed when there was nothing else but Him. Any environment would be outside Him, and therefore would need to be produced. But all there is, is Him.

It's likely then that the Eternal Someone is transcendent. Meaning, He can exist outside of time and space, since He is bound by neither one. He existed eternally, thus being outside of time. And He exists without need of an environment, thus being outside of space.

Being transcendent of time and space, it's possible that the Eternal Someone is what we would call invisible. Only that which takes up space is visible. If something is outside of space, how could it be seen? Just so, the Eternal Someone is likely invisible and can exist without need of any kind of body or form.

For discussion sake, let's say that the Eternal Someone decides to produce Something Else -- or rather, Someone Else. The Eternal Someone chooses to produce Someone Else who is like Him in some respects. Like Him, the Someone Else will have a self-consciousness, which is a necessary aspect of having will. So the Someone Else is a self and has a will.

What can we determine about this Someone Else? Will this Someone Else be outside of time? No, the Someone Else will not have existed eternally. The Someone Else will have a beginning and thus be bound by time.

Recall that anything the Eternal Someone produces will be inferior with regard to time and space. That cannot be avoided in any way. So, even if the Someone Else were to exist forever in the future, he would still have a beginning in time. Actually, his timeline would fall within the [infinite] timeline of the Eternal Someone.

What about space? Will the Someone Else be bound by space? Yes. Only the Eternal Someone can exist without any kind of environment. The Someone Else will need an environment to exist in, but what? Think of space like time. The Someone Else exists within the Eternal Someone's timeline. In a similar way, the Someone Else will exist within the Eternal Someone's "spaceline."

The Eternal Someone transcends space. Thus, just as He is everywhere in time, He can be everywhere in space. So, when the Someone Else is produced, he will exist within the Eternal Someone's time and space.

So now we've got the Eternal Someone and the Someone Else, but there's a problem. The Someone Else cannot see the Eternal Someone, for the Eternal Someone transcends space. He does not take up a part of space.

So the Someone Else cannot detect the Eternal Someone. So what must the Eternal Someone do if He wants to be detected by the Someone Else? He must "untranscend." Some kind of untranscendence is essential. Is that possible?

Remember, anything that can possibly be done can be done by the Eternal Someone. It would be possible for Him to make Himself detectable by the Someone Else, that is, to "untranscend." How?

We detect the presence of another in our world through sight, smell, touch, taste, hearing. If the Eternal Someone gave the Someone Else the ability to see or hear, for example, then the Eternal Someone could (1) appear in a visible form, (2) speak to the Someone Else, or (3) do both simultaneously. These would be ways of untranscending so that the Eternal Someone could be detected by the Someone Else.

Remember, the Someone Else is produced. Thus, the Someone Else is bound by time and space. Whatever his makeup (nature) is, it will be detectable in time and space. Therefore, all the Eternal Someone has to do is assume whatever form He gives the Someone Else. That is one way to make Himself detectable.

But here's a question: if the Eternal Someone untranscends in order to be detected, is that the whole of the Eternal Someone? No! There would be more to Him that He had not made known. Though He could divulge much about Himself, the whole of Him -- that is, Himself in His transcendence -- could not be fully known or understood by the Someone Else.

Interestingly, the scenario described above is exactly what we see in the Bible. We are like the Someone Else. We are bound by time and space. God, however, is the Eternal Someone. And He untranscended in the person of Jesus Christ. To find out more, see below...

1. God is the Eternal Someone. He has always existed and will continue to do so.

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. (Psalms 90:2)

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. (Isaiah 40:28)

"This is what the LORD says -- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God." (Isaiah 44:6)

But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King. (Jeremiah 10:10)

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am." (John 8:58)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:cool

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:cool

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." (Revelation 22:13)

2. God is invisible.

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known. (John 1:18)

God is spirit. (John 4:24)

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. (1 Timothy 1:17)

God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. (1 Timothy 6:15-16)

3. God can be everywhere, yet God is still distinct from us.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. (Psalms 139:7)

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." (Acts 17:24-27)

4. Anything that can possibly be done, can be done by God.

"Is anything too difficult for the LORD?" (Genesis 18:14)

Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him. (Psalms 115:3)

"I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." (Isaiah 46:10)

"With God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)

5. It is possible for God to "untranscend." He can reveal Himself by taking on a human form.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. (John 1:1, 1:14)

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched -- this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. (1 John 1:1-2)

He [Jesus Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. (Colossians 1:15-16)

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being. (Hebrews 1:3)

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death -- even death on a cross! (Philippians 2:5-cool

6. When God untranscends, this is not the whole of Him, and yet it is still Him.

"The Father is greater than I." (John 14:28)

"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." (John 14:9)

Source; www.everystudent.com
Re: Was There Ever Nothing? Part 4 (who Part 2) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
There are so many holes in your thesis, I don't know where to start

(1) (Reply)

75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol / What Can You Say About This Photo / London Church Fined Thousands Of Pounds For Holding Noisy 3am Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.