Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:38 AM

Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies (1767 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Oritsefemi Ft. Lil Kesh – Ireti (audio) / Lil Kesh's Ibile Vs Reekado's Oluwa Ni, Who Truly Deserves To Be Next Rated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies by djmask(m): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2016

Artiste: Lil Kesh
Date Released: 4/Jan/2016
Producer : Pheelz and Young John
Company: YBNL
Rating: 4/5

YBNL artiste Ololade Keshinro popularly know as Lil Kesh released "Ibile" [means "Local or Native] on 4 of January 2016.
The joint was produced by the two YBNL in-house producers "Pheelz" and "Young John." A fast pace song with a makossa underlay. It the normal tum-du-dum Nigeria song but the added Makossa on the chorus added flavour. The truth is when two producers that have independently produced smashing hits collaborated on a song, the result will be mind blowing. And Ibile did not disappoint especially for lovers of naija music and badoo style of music.
We all are aware of the drama that happened on Jan 1 at Headies Award. Lil-Kesh probably kept this track to be released if he wins to further show people he deserves it or if he did not win to show the wrong person won and he has achieved that aim.

Good News¶¶ This track will further cements Lil Kesh fans belief that he was robbed of the "Next Rated" crown, and will shake the stand of his doubted as a release of hits that does not have lewd lyrics. This track is groovy and hot, every radio station will jump on this in lieu of the heated atmosphere in the industry. The song is a certified banger and it will be a hit in a month time (quote me anywhere)
I must commend Olamide and his management team for releasing this track when the media lights are still on them. With a street appeal and lyrics Ibile will be met with a rousing ovation from "mainland" goons. If you listen to this single without dancing then you are stiff. And please Kesh can sing abeg with that voice that appeals.

Bad News¶¶ The argument against Lil Kesh was his lyrics are lewd, meaningless and not practical. But this one did not wipe the debaters off their feet. Although not lewd, its just not practical. Talking about how local he is and he doesn't form. Until he begins to branch out of this type of lyrics he will continue to be under the shadow of his bigger boss, and I don't see Olamide relinquishing that crown soon. But who am I?

Thematically poor as usual, only the theme of being one self. But we all know that one has to conform with the laws of wherever we find oneself. Not just forming "Ibile"(Native/Local) everywhere.

I expect a massive video for this track and I enjoin YBNL to get a reputable director and make this joint a classic one not just a street video.

Thanks for reading a piece of my mind.

http://egnolreviews..co.ke/2016/01/lil-kesh-ibile-review.html?m=1

@ lalasticalala

Re: Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies by Readwarn(m): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
The Song Cover Art tho,Not even a YBNL logo undecided
Re: Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies by djmask(m): 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
Exactly...you have a scrutinizing eye my bro readwarn
Re: Lil Kesh "Ibile" Review: Perfect Response To Headies by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Just downloaded d song last night, what if i told u i hav played it 70times since then And still playing cheesy

Dis song is superb, Lil kesh nailed it "kilode na only u waka...." cheesy i agree wit d OP dat if u no shake body to d song, oboi u are stiff. Keep it up kesh, we love u, love YBNL!!

(1) (Reply)

IYANU Lyrics By Jeremiah Oluwatoke / Who Sang Yeri E, Oko Yeri E...what's The Song? / Audio: Tim Godfrey “AKAAH” (download Mp3 + LYRICS) ----REPOST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.