Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student (16358 Views)

ASUU Strike: We Failed To Fulfill Agreement, Minister Admits / UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by olagockay(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
Great Ife... We sha thank God for resumption... At least we'll spend some time before the next strike
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Blackops(m): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
people who can not reason amidst themselves and generate innovative ideas that can change the school for good other than to sit down for hours composing grammers which are destructive in nature.
That's how those mumu activists go.dey write grammer dir papa sef no know. My undergraduate days at that school was hell in the hands of those vegetables that calls themselves intellectuals. Bunch of assholes. Na just to go dir for money, fame and girls.

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by stenmikas(m): 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
Jossyroyal1:
OP una no dey use punctuation mark for OAU See as u jam park ur write like Sardine undecided
lol...you've just justified your prowess in punctuation.

Nice one OP.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by GreatManBee: 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
Saburi Saburi......
emmygzy:
oau dey sweet u abi. You are happy they proscribed the union. I'm sorry for u. Though the union is no more vibrant like it was during our time, when VC faborode is afraid of Akinola saburi.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by darmhey(m): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
Is our resumption a good news or the opposite? I had patiently waited for this day, it seems this day will never come but alas! It's here. I had waited for a day, that the university Senate will announce our resumption and we will retreat from the war field and accept our fate. It's pitiable that my early presumptions became a reality today. That's why am taking pains to write to pour out my grievances in a mannered way.
Before I proceed, I will like to ring eulogy to the ears of the university vice chancellor in person of Prof. Bamitale Omole. Sir, I respect your mental reasoning you really showed us that "To omode ba ni aso to agba, ko le ni akisa to agba." You checkmated all the ways of our so-called SU that they called intellectual. You won the battle even before its start. You reasoned like us and like a common man and you won. I will like to say we need intellect like you in these country who can use their mental orientation to changed this land. Also, I Will like to believe you are a good chess player, and I Will like to test your skills because am also a fan of chess board game. God bless you memory.
However, I will say we failed again, I had known this from the start of the ... When the nonsensical slang "WAR" filled the airwaves of OAU. The war started when we are never ready for anything. All we are clamoring is good welfare and forget that our SU is filled with people of crippled minds who many of us, students are better of than at the helms of affairs, people who can not reason amidst themselves and generate innovative ideas that can change the school for good other than to sit down for hours composing grammers which are destructive in nature. The SU can not preview and review events but can spend money on useless adventures.
Instead of called a confab amidst outselves to deliberate on issues besetting us we decided to dazzle into a fight with the management that as sufficient weapons to fight the war which now cost us 3 weeks. This is unethical!
Why we Failed.....

* The SU as a whole are not united, 90% of them are there for fame, power and money. Wherby, the zeal to serve cannot sustain democracy but proper understanding of the precept can grow a sustainable democracy.
* We go to war without preparing. Levus' writer anchor Deji Akin was just suggesting flyers at the late hour.
* The students' union budget has no space for money to fund struggles this is unexpected from an educated leader.
* Our pastors and imams , do not pray for the SU and management, they only pray on G.P and avoiding hell not knowing bad welfare can take you to hell and make your GP epileptic.
I submit this but, I think the proscribtion of the SU is a good idea. Is better not to have a gate than to have a blind man as your gateman.
If the management fail to provide good welfare for us, the SU can spur them up by their actions. If they buy cwcs and call the management to fix it, they will be challenged to work and this can be easily financed not putting almost two million Naira into call buget. I drop my pen, saying we had failed again, looking through God on the next SU president.
Happy resumption
Daarasimi
A part one student of OAU
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Reading through your post, I could almost taste the naive way in which you think. I could have conveniently guessed you're a fresher, heaping praises on Omole . I have so much to say and I don't know exactly where to start, I literally feel like crying when people reason this way. The student union, though not 100% in unity has done really well this time, we have fought for a better state of welfare condition and in a sane country, we should not have to beg for this! I assume you stay in Angola hall, in that hall can you say there is a single WC working perfectly well? Can you get water 24/7 to flush and clean up everytime you're pressed? Do you think the water you get is ideal for cooking? Drinking?? Or do you think that's what you VC uses at home?? Did you attend CHM101 classes @ all Didn't you sit on the floor ?? Or did your colleagues not stand throughout lectures Have you not started CHM102 classes or do you always hear what the lecturer says The questions are endless and yet you heap blames on those that are trying to make things better. Do you know by how much your golden Omole increased tuition last session, truncating the hopes of some students that passed OAU post utme after trying for about 3times, just so they could afford the then cheap OAU fees Let me stop at this point and allow you think really well before you spew gabbage again. I'd rather try and FAIL than do nothing!

7 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Oluwapresley(m): 12:06am On Jan 06, 2016
Dude,, if ur better than the people in the helm of affairs, Y dint u contest for a position?
Pathetic somebody! Beeches everywhere!
The reason y students battle will 90% of the time fail is cox the sch managemnt has nothing, in terms of time wasted, to lose!
Students tend to be disunited cox not every student can be patient enough to see out a revolution; thats when ppI wi knw they wanna graduate, they cant spend all their life in sch.
There is no smartness in oppression! Stop praising blindly, beech!

4 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by dhejykeane: 12:49am On Jan 06, 2016
Stop wailing and start doing. Online activists everywhere
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice Write up Bro....
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by papindinho(m): 1:03am On Jan 06, 2016
This guy is a joker....lol. You are heaping praises on someone that's willing to trade the future of thousands for his pocket? Nawa for you o.

Quite well, the students and the students' union have their shares of the blame. Making same mistakes repeatedly shows how intellectually grounded you are.

On the use of destructive grammars. Lol. Really, I always wonder why they can't expend their time getting better at composing good write-ups rather than the big words....lol

Microflux sef com dey shoot gun. ...

Papinx was here...ETF
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
You won the battle even before its start.
Nice write up...

"You won the battle before it was ever fought "
Take note!!!
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 06, 2016
Ezechinwa:
Nice write up...
"You won the battle before it was ever fought " Take note!!!
thanks for that.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by gsparks01(m): 2:17am On Jan 06, 2016
Ezechinwa:
Nice write up...
"You won the battle before it was ever fought " Take note!!!
read it carefully.. he's right
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by ademusiwa1f: 2:33am On Jan 06, 2016
cool
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by onunwa21(m): 5:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Don't give up......success is very close
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by donbrowser(m): 6:10am On Jan 06, 2016
hujiedit:
I don't have much to say, but believe me, atimes you just have to pass through the school and not allow it pass through you......Oau is far better than the school I graduated from, where they teach you how to be wicked to your fellow being.....A school where ordinary secretary will tell you to come back because she is watching african magic.....I am talking about University of Ado Ekiti, now Ekiti state University
I havent finished reading ur post before i concluded it's EKSU

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by donbrowser(m): 6:12am On Jan 06, 2016
OAU has gone bad where are those precious times when the school's SU president will be locked behind bars for justice sake.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Tolexander: 6:18am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.

Before I proceed, I will like to ring eulogy to the ears of the university vice chancellor in person of Prof. Bamitale Omole. Sir, I respect your mental reasoning you really showed us that "To omode ba ni aso to agba, ko le ni akisa to agba." You checkmated all the ways of our so-called SU that they called intellectual. You won the battle even before its start. You reasoned like us and like a common man and you won. I will like to say we need intellect like you in these country who can use their mental orientation to changed this land. Also, I Will like to believe you are a good chess player, and I Will like to test your skills because am also a fan of chess board game. God bless you memory.
you tried anyway!

Omole hadn't done anything spectacular. You may not understand this anyway!

It has been a norm in OAU since Faborode's era.
When students bring up struggle(aluta), use force on them and send them home, suspend the SU activities. Then the agitation becomes weakened.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Thatitan234(m): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2016
In 2012, Uites protested and locked down the campus over power and water shortage. The vc, now minister of health, had to send us home for 5 weeks. However, upon resumption, we wet improved condition - inverters for all halls of residence, new generator and water tanker to supplement the older ones. We were happy. We hailed the union. But the truth is that we only coerced the vc, we did not force him. This brings me to oau, the union is helpless in situations like this. Only the will of the vc will prevail a the end. Just pray and hope.

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by duduade: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok as much as I feel the pains of students right from the OP to other Nairalanders attending Great Ife, una try with una English...

Loooooool...
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by coolme434: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2016
hujiedit:
I don't have much to say, but believe me, atimes you just have to pass through the school and not allow it pass through you......Oau is far better than the school I graduated from, where they teach you how to be wicked to your fellow being.....A school where ordinary secretary will tell you to come back because she is watching african magic.....I am talking about University of Ado Ekiti, now Ekiti state University
. We are on the same page, I graduated from that same school and currently in OAU for my MSc.....honestly, things are far better in OAU......though, it can also get better

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by dustydee: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
Is our resumption a good news or the opposite? I had patiently waited for this day, it seems this day will never come but alas! It's here. I had waited for a day, that the university Senate will announce our resumption and we will retreat from the war field and accept our fate. It's pitiable that my early presumptions became a reality today. That's why am taking pains to write to pour out my grievances in a mannered way.

what is SU? you did not define it in your essay, except if it is directed at OAU students only.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by PrinceMario(m): 8:01am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice write up Op. But it's only easy to spew blames on our Union leaders when you ain't holding any position. Leadership isn't a child's play as some of us see it. The management has nothing to loose and that's the sole reason they will always win every struggle we embark on unless we device another means of fighting them than shouting WAR. There salaries will still be on even if we are at home for 10months, so violence can't solve anything that pertains to the management. Media campaign which we resorted to after we've been sent packing from school should've come first.

I love your write up tho'.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Thatitan234(m): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2016
dustydee:

what is SU? you did not define it in your essay, except if it is directed at OAU students only.
Students' Union... More like S.U.G. in other institutions.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by prophetfire: 8:05am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
However, I will say we failed again, I had known this from the start of the ... When the nonsensical slang "WAR" filled the airwaves of OAU. The war started when we are never ready for anything. All we are clamoring is good welfare and forget that our SU is filled with people of crippled minds who many of us, students are better of than at the helms of affairs, people who can not reason amidst themselves and generate innovative ideas that can change the school for good other than to sit down for hours composing grammers which are destructive in nature. The SU can not preview and review events but can spend money on useless adventures.
Instead of called a confab amidst outselves to deliberate on issues besetting us we decided to dazzle into a fight with the management that as sufficient weapons to fight the war which now cost us 3 weeks. This is unethical!
Why we Failed.....

* The SU as a whole are not united, 90% of them are there for fame, power and money. Wherby, the zeal to serve cannot sustain democracy but proper understanding of the precept can grow a sustainable democracy.
* We go to war without preparing. Levus' writer anchor Deji Akin was just suggesting flyers at the late hour.
* The students' union budget has no space for money to fund struggles this is unexpected from an educated leader.
* Our pastors and imams , do not pray for the SU and management, they only pray on G.P and avoiding hell not knowing bad welfare can take you to hell and make your GP epileptic.
I submit this but, I think the proscribtion of the SU is a good idea. Is better not to have a gate than to have a blind man as your gateman.
If the management fail to provide good welfare for us, the SU can spur them up by their actions. If they buy cwcs and call the management to fix it, they will be challenged to work and this can be easily financed not putting almost two million Naira into call buget. I drop my pen, saying we had failed again, looking through God on the next SU president.
Happy resumption
Daarasimi
my dear, there is a lot of spelling errors and wrong use of tenses in this your write-up. I am in a hurry,if not I would have pointed them out to you but please show this to your english teacher if you have a good one. I am concerned because its coming from an undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2016
hujiedit:
dem too wicked for EKSU.. wicked is an understatement
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 06, 2016
dustydee:

Student's Union. sorry sir.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by smartsammie(m): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
Why we Failed.....

Happy resumption
Daarasimi

Sorry for quoting the whole write up. Pardon me. I must salute your doggedness and courage as a part 1 student. However, proscription of the UNION ain't a good idea. The SU must understand politics. This is Nigeria, they should be diplomatic. The #2 million budget ain't true it is a trick by the management and some idiots to tarnish the image of the UNION. I support most of your points stated above.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2016
SAY WAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Panzerfaust(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
Why we Failed.....

Happy resumption
Daarasimi
I'm really sorry for Nigeria, if a student could come up with this. I am a graduate of the University of Ibadan, who has visited OAU twice to know that even as bad as things are in U.I, students live like kings, compared to the slum-like hostels OAU students stay in. Instead of staying on point, you went on to attack the SUG of your University like they were responsible for the state of things in the school. You must be really naïve to think that patronising the school management on social media will set you out as a critical thinker. Rather the opposite is the case. You come off to me as a potential victim of the Stockholm's syndrome. This is not about the S.U or about your pastors and imams (how ridiculous). This is about the right of students to demand better living conditions and accountability from administrators in the academic sphere. Most irritating of this piece, was the hint of admiration at the way the VC handled the matter. Fifth columnists like you are the reason I'm scared for the future of this country. While some are putting their academic pursuits on the line to protest unfair treatment by the bourgeoisie, the proletariat is being infiltrated by collaborators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by lagosrd: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2016
emmygzy:
oau dey sweet u abi. You are happy they proscribed the union. I'm sorry for u. Though the union is no more vibrant like it was during our time, when VC faborode is afraid of Akinola saburi.

Correct guy. That short man no fit pads sub
That time oooo. Na saburi de rain+ maximum shishi+risky bugger (awo bus stop).lol
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Damdeok(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2016
Nice write up, keep it up
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by olaodun: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2016
Dear GREAT IFE,

I believe you did not fail only you need to face the reality of your time. I graduated from Ife many years ago and we did many alutas which prolonged our days in the campus without any positive results only many even died during the struggle .
Reality of the day= The needs are greater the resources
Solution
Nigeria Universities should move from theory to practical, we should not depend on Europeans, Asians and Americans for technology. No made in Nigeria cars, bicycles are in the market. Research on solar power alone can provide electricity and worker for campus and generate jobs . Innovation in agric both in animals and crops can generate food for Nigerians and yet we depend on rice from Thailand and poisonous turkey from abroad .
Students and university administrators should dialogue on converting theory to practical to solve human numerous problems to move Africa forward not to waste time, resources and even record causalities as a result of embarking on Aluta

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Commissioned By Lord Teddar [video] / UNILORIN To Enforce Dress Code On Students, Staff / Student Loans Will Be Disbursed Directly To Institutions – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.