Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student (16354 Views)

ASUU Strike: We Failed To Fulfill Agreement, Minister Admits / UNILORIN & Tablet PC, Wifi And Sweatshirts: By A Concerned Student Of UNILORIN / OAU Student Dressed As A Sexy Nun Turns Heads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
We Failed, Yet Again.
Is our resumption a good news or the opposite? I had patiently waited for this day, it seems this day will never come but alas! It's here. I had waited for a day, that the university Senate will announce our resumption and we will retreat from the war field and accept our fate. It's pitiable that my early presumptions became a reality today. That's why am taking pains to write to pour out my grievances in a mannered way.
Before I proceed, I will like to ring eulogy to the ears of the university vice chancellor in person of Prof. Bamitale Omole. Sir, I respect your mental reasoning you really showed us that "To omode ba ni aso to agba, ko le ni akisa to agba." You checkmated all the ways of our so-called SU that they called intellectual. You won the battle even before its start. You reasoned like us and like a common man and you won. I will like to say we need intellect like you in these country who can use their mental orientation to changed this land. Also, I Will like to believe you are a good chess player, and I Will like to test your skills because am also a fan of chess board game. God bless you memory.
However, I will say we failed again, I had known this from the start of the ... When the nonsensical slang "WAR" filled the airwaves of OAU. The war started when we are never ready for anything. All we are clamoring is good welfare and forget that our SU is filled with people of crippled minds who many of us, students are better of than at the helms of affairs, people who can not reason amidst themselves and generate innovative ideas that can change the school for good other than to sit down for hours composing grammers which are destructive in nature. The SU can not preview and review events but can spend money on useless adventures.
Instead of called a confab amidst outselves to deliberate on issues besetting us we decided to dazzle into a fight with the management that as sufficient weapons to fight the war which now cost us 3 weeks. This is unethical!
Why we Failed.....

* The SU as a whole are not united, 90% of them are there for fame, power and money. Wherby, the zeal to serve cannot sustain democracy but proper understanding of the precept can grow a sustainable democracy.
* We go to war without preparing. Levus' writer anchor Deji Akin was just suggesting flyers at the late hour.
* The students' union budget has no space for money to fund struggles this is unexpected from an educated leader.
* Our pastors and imams , do not pray for the SU and management, they only pray on G.P and avoiding hell not knowing bad welfare can take you to hell and make your GP epileptic.
I submit this but, I think the proscribtion of the SU is a good idea. Is better not to have a gate than to have a blind man as your gateman.
If the management fail to provide good welfare for us, the SU can spur them up by their actions. If they buy cwcs and call the management to fix it, they will be challenged to work and this can be easily financed not putting almost two million Naira into call buget. I drop my pen, saying we had failed again, looking through God on the next SU president.
Happy resumption
Daarasimi
A part one student of OAU

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Faremisodeeq(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wow what a nice write-up. You have really hit the nail on the head. What I just want to add is that they are very ambitious for power for some certain interest also let tell the truth our student union is not organised. Before fighting the school we must have set our house in order, getting all needed necessary. Also I think we should have legal adviser who can help and defend the student . Nice write-up again op I will wish to know you better because am also in part one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
Wow what a nice write-up. You have really hit the nail on the head. What I just want to add is that they are very ambitious for power for some certain interest also let tell the truth our student union is not organised. Before fighting the school we must have set our house in order, getting all needed necessary. Also I think we should have legal adviser who can help and defend the student . Nice write-up again op I will wish to know you better because am also in part one
okay sir. #letsbuildanewoau

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
OP,

Say War! grin
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Readwarn(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Well Written. I'm not too surprised by the this FAILURE cos most students don't even know their right
Can You Imagine a student arguing our school fees justifies the current state of welfare.

4 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
cc: Lalasticlala , fynestboi

2 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
LARRYDKING:
OP,
Say War! grin
W- we A- Are R-resuming
new ways

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Niyeal(m): 9:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nice write up. But i disagree with u on your proverb that: it beta not to hav a gate than having a blindman as a gateman.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
Niyeal:
Nice write up. But i disagree with u on your proverb that: it beta not to hav a gate than having a blindman as a gateman.
Please Explain
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Niyeal(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Microflux:
Please Explain
Literarily when a man be a blindman or see man, d presence of a man at the gate wil scare intruder

5 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by blesseddivah(f): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wow. embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Sijo01(f): 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
Reading this tonight will induce me with an early sleep. Will read tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Mopolchi: 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
What can I say? Just don't know what to say. I wish all the best of the night.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
End time write up

That school with dirty hostel

Oau end time school
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by edwardgunju(m): 11:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
Front page tinz
#Endtimestory# embarassed
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by PainInTheAss(m): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
cool
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Elerineye01(m): 11:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
I weep for this country
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by hujiedit(m): 11:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
I don't have much to say, but believe me, atimes you just have to pass through the school and not allow it pass through you......Oau is far better than the school I graduated from, where they teach you how to be wicked to your fellow being.....A school where ordinary secretary will tell you to come back because she is watching african magic.....I am talking about University of Ado Ekiti, now Ekiti state University

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by refiner(f): 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
kudos....don't knw wat else to say....
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by ultrazone(m): 11:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
Following
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Dacman(m): 11:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Oau and aluta.....its like rice and beans
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by crownprince102: 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
We have only resume to embark on another strike.......

We lack the tactics of war and that's why we are always defeated.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Jossyroyal1: 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
OP una no dey use punctuation mark for OAU See as u jam park ur write up like Sardine undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by Badboiz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
hujiedit:
I don't have much to say, but believe me, atimes you just have to pass through the school and not allow it pass through you......Oau is far better than the school I graduated from, where they teach you how to be wicked to your fellow being.....A school where ordinary secretary will tell you to come back because she is watching african magic.....I am talking about University of Ado Ekiti, now Ekiti state University

Walahi, guy u no lie

1 Like

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by apostlekeke(m): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
Well said, concise and insightful.
Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by emmygzy(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Microflux:
We Failed, Yet Again.
Is our resumption a good news or the opposite? I had patiently waited for this day, it seems this day will never come but alas! It's here. I had waited for a day, that the university Senate will announce our resumption and we will retreat from the war field and accept our fate. It's pitiable that my early presumptions became a reality today. That's why am taking pains to write to pour out my grievances in a mannered way.
Before I proceed, I will like to ring eulogy to the ears of the university vice chancellor in person of Prof. Bamitale Omole. Sir, I respect your mental reasoning you really showed us that "To omode ba ni aso to agba, ko le ni akisa to agba." You checkmated all the ways of our so-called SU that they called intellectual. You won the battle even before its start. You reasoned like us and like a common man and you won. I will like to say we need intellect like you in these country who can use their mental orientation to changed this land. Also, I Will like to believe you are a good chess player, and I Will like to test your skills because am also a fan of chess board game. God bless you memory.
However, I will say we failed again, I had known this from the start of the ... When the nonsensical slang "WAR" filled the airwaves of OAU. The war started when we are never ready for anything. All we are clamoring is good welfare and forget that our SU is filled with people of crippled minds who many of us, students are better of than at the helms of affairs, people who can not reason amidst themselves and generate innovative ideas that can change the school for good other than to sit down for hours composing grammers which are destructive in nature. The SU can not preview and review events but can spend money on useless adventures.
Instead of called a confab amidst outselves to deliberate on issues besetting us we decided to dazzle into a fight with the management that as sufficient weapons to fight the war which now cost us 3 weeks. This is unethical!
Why we Failed.....

* The SU as a whole are not united, 90% of them are there for fame, power and money. Wherby, the zeal to serve cannot sustain democracy but proper understanding of the precept can grow a sustainable democracy.
* We go to war without preparing. Levus' writer anchor Deji Akin was just suggesting flyers at the late hour.
* The students' union budget has no space for money to fund struggles this is unexpected from an educated leader.
* Our pastors and imams , do not pray for the SU and management, they only pray on G.P and avoiding hell not knowing bad welfare can take you to hell and make your GP epileptic.
I submit this but, I think the proscribtion of the SU is a good idea. Is better not to have a gate than to have a blind man as your gateman.
If the management fail to provide good welfare for us, the SU can spur them up by their actions. If they buy cwcs and call the management to fix it, they will be challenged to work and this can be easily financed not putting almost two million Naira into call buget. I drop my pen, saying we had failed again, looking through God on the next SU president.
Happy resumption
Daarasimi
A part one student of OAU
oau dey sweet u abi. You are happy they proscribed the union. I'm sorry for u. Though the union is no more vibrant like it was during our time, when VC faborode is afraid of Akinola saburi.

6 Likes

Re: We Failed, Yet Again - A Write Up By A Concerned OAU Student by stenmikas(m): 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hummm!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delsu Post Utme Aptitude Test Lecture 1: Anagram / Which Universities Have The Fastest And Slowest Academic Calendars? / WAEC Dragged To Federal High Court Abuja Over Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.