Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! (772 Views)

Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. / Shipping A Vehicle From Usa To Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by stewie(m): 9:53am On Jun 16, 2009
Landers, can you help with an average cost for shipping a car from the UK? paid for a car recently and asked my friend who resides there to help ship it to Lagos. He called back to say cost of shipping just rose from 500GBP( I always thought wasn't true) to 800GBP.

This is rather outrageous if you ask me. Can someone help with relevant info about this? PLS!!
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by seunbballo(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2009
I Don't know when it rose to £800. But i remember i sent mine about 8 months ago to Nigeria for £500.
I suggest u ask siena? He will give u a definate answer.
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by stewie(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2009
Who's siena? Any other answers/options orcontributions, really need to know if it's all hoax. Please
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by seunbballo(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2009
siena is a uk/nigerian car expert/pimping/automated conversion guru who knows about any issue relating to cars. He also converts cheap to luxurious rhd cars to lhd cars. His email address if u wanna contact him relating to cars is: info@deltavag.com
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by stewie(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2009
Thanks, i'll email him in due time.
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
Stewie, £800 is pretty steep!

I have never personally shipped any cars from the UK to Nigeria, but I have clients who have.

Most recent prices from a client, who's '99 Toyota Camry and '98 VW Caddy passed through my shop:

Toyota Camry: £400. Shipped March 22nd 2009.
VW Caddy: £450. Shipped March 17th 2009.

The VW Caddy cost more, as it's a commercial vehicle, despite the fact the Toyota Camry's much larger.

I suggest you check with your friend again - £800 is bordering on containerised shipping, and I'm willing to bet his quote is for ro-ro.
Re: Cost Of Shipping A Car From The Uk: Pls Help! by stewie(m): 8:23am On Jun 22, 2009
Siena, you're indeed professional. Pending on where you are, i wonder how you can help involve with this. The shipment is obviously not containerized and is a r/hand 1999, Pegeout 406. He claimed it was 500GBP, many I asked said that cant be true. I gave him anyway, cause he claimed to know someone who wanted to sell and asked if i'd buy. It was a fair deal (1000GBP) and I went for it. time passed, and all of a sudden, 800?

He's always been honest to me, but I'm sure this was a deal gone wrong. I'm broke and dont know how I'll afford 300GBP before my coming engagement. Help

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Mechanic/Auto Repairs Workshop / I Need A Kia Picanto 06,hyundai I10 07 And A Vw Bug 07: Urgently / 2007 Bmw 3 Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.