Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai (551 Views)

Call For Restructuring Of Nigeria: Yorubas Are Envious Of The North - Yakasai / Presidency Plotting To Scheme Tinubu Out Of APC Hierarchy – Yakasai / Olu Falae Took N100m From Anenih – Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by captianfreeman(m): 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
It’s not strange we’re suffering under Buhari — Yakassai

Could the news below be the reason for the above interview granted by Mr Yakasai on 28 of December 2015

By AbdulSalam Muhammad
KANO – Elder Statesman, Tanko Yakasai Wednesday confirmed that Chief Tony Anenih gave him and 8 other prominent northerners N53 million for for advocacy visit to northern traditional rulers to mobilised their subjects for hitch free 2015 general election.
Yakasai in an exclusive chat with Vanguard said that “yes, myself and 8 others collected N53m from chief Tony Anenih to pay advocacy visit to prominent northern emirs to mobilised their subjects for a hitch free 2015 general elections”.
The former President Shehu Shagari Special Adviser stated that the development followed a request by the PDP stalwart to make available to him list of “9 apolitical but respected individuals from the north”.
He declared that the N53m disbursed to his team by the Benin High Chief catered for the group’s members allowances, transportation and hotels accommodation on a tour that took them to 18 states in the north.
Yakasai who vehemently denied link between the fund and campaigns for former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, listed former minister of state, foreign Affairs, Alhaji Mamman Anka, Barrister Bitrus Gwada and Alhaji Suleiman Lawal as beneficiaries of the money.
Other beneficiaries includes, Dr Bahago, Chief John Macklink from Plateau, and Senator Sodangi.
Yakasai had last week denied ever rrcieving financial patronage from Jonathan administration during a star interview with Vanguard.
The former political aide to second Republic NPN President had in the interview said “I want to make it categorically clear that no officials of the last regime either Mr. Jonathan, his lieutenant, agents, contractors or person having links or relationship with the last administration gave me cash on behalf of that regime for a reason.”
Yakasai, who celebrated his 90th birthday last year disclosed that they visited the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi II, the emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris and the emir of Gwandu.
The list of other first class chief visited by Yakasai’s team also includes, The emir of Anka, emir of Ilorin, emir of Nassarawa, Minnie, Bauchi, Zuru, Kebbi, Katsina, Dutse, Hadejia and representatives of emir of Daurawa.
Other prominent rulers visited further includes, The Tor Tiv, the Gwom Gbom Jos, Ohimege Igu, Kotonkarfe, Etsu of Abaji, Etsu Nupe and Atta Igala.
Yakasai further revealed that his team were rescued from Gombe while on scheduled visit to the Emir when insurgents attack the city.
The Elder Statesman said “I want to make it abundantly clear that I didn’t received money from Chief Anenih in my private capacity as Tanko Yakasai but to a patriotic individuals who are interested in the peaceful coexistence of the polity”.

www.vanguardngr.com/whywecollected53millionfromaninih-yakasai
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by LRNZH(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
Wow!

These are the people enjoying Nigerian wealth while the youths remain unemployed and the masses suffer indiscriminately.

I am happy Buhari's anti-corruption fight is exposing all these. Everybody is squealing without being asked.
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by ozy4christ(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
As d drama is going on,including buhari wont be save,trust me
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by healthylivingf: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
ok
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by healthylivingf: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
My village king was not visited and yet we had a peaceful election. pls Mr yakasai, return d money and stop making noice
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by Sall(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
And some zombie and criminal minded animal will still come here to defend that rough called good luck.
Re: Why We Collected N53m From Anenih – Yakasai by TimeManager(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Now the Emir & Oba dollar spree saga is raising its ugly head. If yakassai could find a way to explain his role in dollarising the north, then only one man could explain his role in dollarising the southwest. He took an excursion into the southwest, showered the obas with dollars and finally made an elaborate entry into lagos in the company of his entourage & collaborators locked down the streets leading to official & private residences, markets & religious houses, reducing the exalted status of Fashola into a mere appellation of a gateman who had no control over his state while the generous party lasted for days.The friends of Nollywood were not left behind from the largesse. It is slowly getting to the part we've all be waiting for, squeeky bum times lies ahead.
The truth has spoken!

(1) (Reply)

Davido, Baby Mamas And Other Stories By Reuben Abati / Breaking News: Governor Seriake Dickson Wins Bayelsa Governorship Election / Buhari Biased About His Anti-corruption Stands- Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.