Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. (44142 Views)

Less Than N30,000 Quality Android Smartphones In 2018 / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date / Glo Gains 80% Of New Internet Customers In First Quarter Of 2016 While MTN Drop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Tallesty1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2016
2015 opened the door for budget friendly smartphones, all thanks to Mediatek processor.

One no longer needs to empty his pocket to get a good device and I believe it will continue in 2016.

So I have prepared a list of affordable phones that worth buying in q1 of this year.

Some of the phones in my list are available in the market already while some will launch in few days time.

1. Gionee S+: Gionee S Plus is a beautifully designed, premium looking and affordable smartphone.

The S Plus isn’t just one of the regular android phones you see everyday. The company paid extra attention to the and design.

It is Slim, looks premium, comes with a vibrant big screen and an amazing 13 MP camera.

Gionee equipped it with an Advanced Face Recognition technology enables the phone to identify user’s face and use it to unlock the phone.

On the top rear of the phone is a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and sitting on the top front is a 5MP front selfie camera for selfie lovers.

On the hood of the new GiONEE S Plus a 64bit Mediatek Octa-core processor, and it comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro SD card.

What else do you need in a smartphone?

2. Tecno Camon C8: Yes! I know it is an old phone, not really that old but it is older than every other phone that I featured in this list, still yet it is a good buy in the coming year.

The company did a good work and Tecno Camon C8 delivers beyond expectations.

Tecno Camon C8 Home
The phone features a 5.5 inches Supper Amoled display with 6ml colors and is available in Midnight Black, Dark Blue, Amber Gold, Oyster White.

There is a Quad-core Mediatek processor clocking in 1.3GHz that will be powered by a massive 3000mhAh battery.

The 3000mah supports a fast charging technology that Tecno claims is fastest charging smartphone, there is Android 5.1 Lollipop on board and 1 GB RAM and 16 GB on board storage which can also be expanded up to 32 GB for storage and efficient multitasking.

There is an 8MP rear camera that you can use to take pictures from a blank screen and a 5MP front camera that features Visidon TM Face beautification effect that will allow you to get rid of facial blemishes in your pictures.(like the make over app in Meizu MX4 Pro)
The Price Falls Between 30-38k.

3. Ulefone Power: The Ulefone Power was announced back in July but the company said it will be available on January 10.

The phone will arrive with a 5.5-inch panel featuring a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080.

Beneath the glass, you’ll find a MediaTek MT6753 backed by 3GB of RAM, while the storage capacity is listed at 16GB. As for the cameras, there is a 13MP Sony IMX214 with a Dual LED flash on the backside to go along with a 5MP snapper on the front.

The Ulefone Power is a Dual SIM handset that is powered by a massive 6,020mAh battery comes with quick-charging capabilities and the smartphone will run Android 5.1 out of the box

The company also managed to keep the price affordable as it’s rolling in at around $209 about 41k without shipping cost.(launches in 4 days time)

4. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a successor of the Redmi Note 2 that was released two months ago.

The next generation of the Redmi Note came earlier than expected and that is not all, the note 3 is the first Xiaomi with a fingerprint scanner and the first Xiaomi to come with a unibody alloy chassis.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Specification

*. MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 octa-core processor
*. PowerVR G6200 GPU
*. 2GB/3GB of RAM
*. 5.5-inch full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
*. 16GB/32GB of storage
*. 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF
*. 5-megapixel front camera
*. Dual-SIM
*. 3G, LTE
*. WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, fingerpint scanner
*. Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7.0
*. 4000mAh battery

Tecno L5: Tecno L5 is a powerful entry level smartphone from Tecno.

The phone features an excellent 4.5 IPS display and runs Android 5.0 lollipop out of the box.
On the camera side, The Tecno L5 features a 5MP back camera with flash.

On the storage side, there is 8GB Rom and 1GB RAM.

Tecno L5 will also come with an OTG cable, meaning its 5000mah battery can charge other devices.

Full specs And reviews are available here. http://www.naijatecharena.com/affordable-android-smartphones-to-buy-in-2016/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Tallesty1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Innjoo 2: InnJoo recently announced three smartphones, Innjoo 2, Innjoo Max 2 and Innjoo Max 2 plus. Innjoo is also the flagship among them.

The phone comes with an Integrated Biometrics also know as Fingerprint Sensor to help secure your phone and data.

There is 13MP camera on the front and a 13MP camera on the rear. Amazing.

There is also a front LED flash located above the 5.0 inch HD Display with DragonTrail Glass on top that covers most of the front panel.

The phone is powered by a Mediatek Octa-core processor and it has support for Dual SIM functionality.

A massive 3200mAh battery will keep all these running and there is also support for fast charging technology.

The Innjoo 2 has 2GB RAM and a 16 ROM that is expandable to 64GB via Micro SD.
The phone runs Android 5.1 Lollipop out of the box.

Gionee Marathon M5 Lite: Also know as Gionee M5 Mini in Nigeria is another addition to the Marathon product series that Gionee started in 2013.

One special thing about the Marathon series is big battery and good battery life. The Marathon M5 lite will launch with a massive battery as well.

The handset is powered by a Mediatek MT6735 chipset with quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Mali-T720MP2 GPU, and sports a 5.0-inch (720 x 1280 pixel resolution) IPS display. It comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB expandable internal memory, and packs in a 4,000 mAh battery. The Gionee M5 Mini features an 8MP rear unit and a 5MP front shooter.

It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop out-of-the-box, and comes in gold and gray color options.

It is also said that the gionee m5 mini will be priced around $100.

Innjoo Max 2 and Max 2 Plus These two brothers from Innjoo are identical.

The Innjoo Max 2 and Innjoo Max 2 plus both come loaded with unique features like super battery power, superior camera quality, sleek designs and Android Lollipop.

Read all the specifications on the link below.

Infinix Zero 3: People complain about the phone’s benzel but for me it is not a biggie.

Maybe because I have used Nokia XL.

The Zero 3 features a 5.5 inches FHD display with 400ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top for protection.

The rear of the phone is Body explosion-proof glass and a 20.7 MP (SONY IMX230 CMOS sensors), dual LED flash sits at the top rear.
The infinix zero 3 also features a 5 MP selfie came with a LED Flash.
The rear camera has support for HDR, gesture shot, Slow Motion, Voice and Touch Gesture and can record good 4K video.

On the hood of the infinix zero 3 is a 2.20 GHz, 64bit Octa-Core Mediatek Helio X10 processor and 3GB of RAM for speed and multitasking.

All these will be powered by a 3030mAh battery and Android 5.1 Lollipop.

Full specs here: http://www.naijatecharena.com/affordable-android-smartphones-to-buy-in-2016/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by wtfCode: 4:53pm On Jan 06, 2016
see battery! Which one be Ulefone again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by pat077: 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
na dat m5 mini go make sense pass if truely it's gonna b around dat price.
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Tallesty1(m): 5:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
wtfCode:
see battery!
Which one be Ulefone again?
lols....

Read full specs here http://www.naijatecharena.com/ulefone-power-launches-massive-6020mah-battery-affordable-price/

2 Likes

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by nerdfrost(m): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
That ulefone go sure but I don't know the price!! I'll settle for that m5 mini if that's gonna to be the sale price (I just hope naira wud reduce back to 165/1dollar) that m5 mini is a bomb for its price!!! Lalasticalala and ishilove pls do the needful! People need to know about this

1 Like

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by drbright11: 6:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
hi guys check out this cheap Asus phone that was launched dis year http://cellsnews..com.ng/2016/01/asus-zenfone-max-with-5000mah-battery.html
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by hurtasrea: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
Y
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Frontier2: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
Powerhorse phones Tecno L5 and the ulephone power.
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by AfricanApple(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
@tallesty1, you didn't tag the price to some of them smiley interested in the gionee m+ and the injoo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by kolexepana: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
That c8 make sense die

2 Likes

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by hatux: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2016
Nice list Op...

Well, na miss.techy make me buy camon c8 though and I regretted using that phone...

Cos I didn't use it up to 2weeks before

My brother ran away with it to school grin#stupid boy

Gionee S+ awaits me though cos the way people dey advertise this phone no be small, and besides I've never used any gionee phone before.

So I pray make the phone no go Fvck up. ..

3 Likes

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by adeememman(m): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Also eyeing the gionee m5 lite/mini
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by drss2(m): 12:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Apart from c8 d rest ar still costly.
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by ausproxi(m): 12:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Tallesty1:

Full specs And reviews are available here. http://www.naijatecharena.com/affordable-android-smartphones-to-buy-in-2016/
Thought u said "affordable" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by seunlayi(m): 3:09am On Jan 07, 2016
Why is gionee m3min and m5 mini missing from the list

1 Like

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by luthorcorp: 4:27am On Jan 07, 2016
hmmm,phones are now growing wider n longer means we should expect a door size phone soon from iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by mrbillz(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
drss2:
Apart from c8 d rest ar still costly.
I got my innjoo max 2 plus 25k yesterday. so camon is not the cheapest among them. Rocking the phone! my guy wey dey use camon sef dey trip for the phone. the design and battery life na die...
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 07, 2016
mrbillz:
I got my innjoo max 2 plus 25k yesterday. so camon is not the cheapest among them. Rocking the phone! my guy wey dey use camon sef dey trip for the phone. the design and battery life na die...

How's the camera heard the 13mp ain't real
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by kirchofff(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by missionmex(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Who you give money?
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by ayo4dworld(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Okay..would check them out
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Chimaritoponcho: 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Y
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by saint047(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by veraiyke(m): 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tag the price to each of the phones
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Sijo01(f): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
I expect to see the price listed with the phones.

1 Like

Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Gionee m3 mini is 17,500. I must buy dat phone
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by brunofarad(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Ten Affordable Android Smartphones To Buy In First Quarter Of 2016. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
#TEAMiphone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016 / How Much Of A Yearly Salary One Needs To Spend To Afford An iPhone-14-Pro 128GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.