Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. (1367 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. by mumoftwo(f): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hi Travelanders,

Happy New Year.

I was directed here from general section.

Please I would like to know what my chances are immigrating to canada with my family.

I am a practising lawyer with 9 years post call experience.
I have no other qualifications apart from my law degree.
I have four kids all under the age of ten.
My husband is a freelance oil and gas marketer
Ido events planning as a second stream of income.

Candid advice would be well appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. by TheCongo2: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
You may get more info by visiting the following website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/Immigrate/index.asp

Wish you all the best
Re: Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. by liveoak: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
immigrating to canada requires you to study extensively the www.cic.gc.ca/English

I will try and share with you what i learnt in my four moths stay in toronto,

Best bet is to get an admission and i would suggest algonquin college in ottawa. The next available course for a lawyer which starts in sept 2016 is business international law. it cost 29000CAD for the entire programme. each child would need 4000CAD. you would need your transccript, letter of intent ( meaning why you want to study that course). your hubby if he wants to go with you would need 6000CAD. so in total you should have 10Million naira in your personal or joint account. You would have to have started the application for admission since last week.
Re: Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. by mumoftwo(f): 8:37am On Jan 07, 2016
@ liveoak. Thanks so much for the info. 10M is a lot of money o. Can I go alone first? while my family joins later when i am thru with studies. How fast im i guaranteed of getting a job? would really appreciate your response and help. Thanks.
Re: Lawyer Wants Advice On Immigrating To Canada. by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
mumoftwo:
Hi Travelanders,

Happy New Year.

I was directed here from general section.

Please I would like to know what my chances are immigrating to canada with my family.

I am a practising lawyer with 9 years post call experience.
I have no other qualifications apart from my law degree.
I have four kids all under the age of ten.
My husband is a freelance oil and gas marketer
Ido events planning as a second stream of income.

Candid advice would be well appreciated. Thank you.

This thread may help you https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

(1) (Reply)

Visa To Sa / British Airways Just Made Me Throw Up! / Ikoyi Registry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.