Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,362 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

M.I - 5 Reasons Why Jos Upcoming Artists Are Not Known/going Far Yet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I - 5 Reasons Why Jos Upcoming Artists Are Not Known/going Far Yet (618 Views)

Most Nigerian Artists Are From Osun State How Many Are From Your State / Vote For Tiwa Savage, She's The Hardest Working Woman I've Known - Wizkid / M.I Abaga's Promise To Young Incredible Remains Unfulfilled (2) (3) (4)

M.I - 5 Reasons Why Jos Upcoming Artists Are Not Known/going Far Yet by mezynaija(m): 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
After some observations and research carried out by some JTOWNconnect crew, we then figured out these reasons behind the slow and poor rising of the Jos upcoming arts/entertainers;

1. Poor/Low Knowledge On How To Use The Social Media:
Yes! this is the number one reason why most artists here in Jos are still unknown and would never be if they don't work on this. The internet is the easiest and fastest way to pass information all round the globe. Research carried out shows that 98.9% of the world make use of the social media and 88.75% of these users are active. Technology keeps advancing every day by day, trying it possible best to make life easy for every individual.
This days we have trending social media that reigns and very easy to use, these include Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, BBM, Instagram, Linkedin and lot's more!

Among the above mentioned, most Jos artists/entertainers have access to most of these app/medias e.g Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, BBM and WhatsApp, but after vivid research, it was discovered that only 0.98% utilize it for their career promotion, the remaining 99.02% uses it to show off, chase after girls/guys!

2. Copy Cat:
Another reason why some of these artist/entertainers are not considered is because of the too much copy cat activities. Having listened to appropriately 70% of music done by Jos artists, most of them are copied, if they don't use someone else beat, they would use some few lines or lyrics from someone else song and most of these beats and lines they use are popularly known ones which when you listen to them you would easily guess who has the original song. Believe me no one would like to listen to such song nor any record label would want to sign such artist.

3. Pride:
Another killing one is the spirit of pride that comes in to most Jos artists once they have dropped one, two or more songs, this guy/girl would start seeing them self like some kind of legend, probably because you listened to your song yourself and you loved it. Now feeling like a boss, instead of finding a way to make it trend on the social media and music/entertainment websites, you see them organizing some local street parties and having their songs play on repeat, the truth remains these songs wont go any further it all ends in that party which I know most attendants only came to mess around, after everything you find out your music is only known to your friends and family members alone!

4. Poor Team Work:
This is another local habit some of these Jos artists/entertainers exhibit, no one want to work with each other, everyone wants to make it alone, everyone wants to be the boss of himself. The truth remains a tree can never make a forest, even if it can it would take that tree ages and probably it might still fail.
One easy way to go far is by working together, sharing ideas, promoting one another, supporting each other.
This can be achieved by interacting socially and physically, some artists are found of been jealous, once you are friends be it on social media or in real life, he or she won't want to see you go higher than them instead they find a way to bring you down.

Let's take for example those once who are friends on social medias, ones anyone of them drops new song, you would hardly find their fellow artist friends share and rebroadcast it for others to see. This is a very bad habit and need to be stopped and worked upon.

5. Devaluation:
This is a very killing spirit, just like it's been said "Familiarity breeds disrespect and devalue. some of these Jos artists really don't take one of the most important people they need serious and without these guys, I'm not sure the world would know about you. Who are these guys? They are no other people than the entertainment bloggers. Let me use this medium to say a big shout out and a loud thank you to all Jos bloggers especially the entertainment bloggers, you guys are really doing a great Job. Now most of these artists have us on their friend list but you would hardly see them associate with you on how to go about in making their song so viral, they either be busy chasing after girls online forgetting they have a career to pursue. The truth remains you don't need distraction at this starting stage what you should be focused about is how to untag that upcoming from your name. Shout out to my guys, MI, 2Face, Jesse Jags, Ice Prince, Charass, Efe, Mista Seth and lost of them to be mentioned, these guys knew what they wanted from the start and worked towards it, that's the reason they are where they are today. We hope you be among the JTown next rated celebrities

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2015/11/five-5-main-reasons-why-jos-upcoming.html

Re: M.I - 5 Reasons Why Jos Upcoming Artists Are Not Known/going Far Yet by sugarlady(f): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
First to do it
Re: M.I - 5 Reasons Why Jos Upcoming Artists Are Not Known/going Far Yet by funnyme(f): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
They are fool of themselves,no be say them sabi sef.

Photo:this Church Is Actually Shaped Like A High-heeled Shoe. / The Best Beef The Industry Never Served! / Nicki Minaj And Meek Mill Still Going Strong!..