Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Okazi Leaf - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Okazi Leaf (4255 Views)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / I Need Large Quantities Of These Vegetables: Bitter Leaf & Okazi / Quality Moringa Leaf Powder, Moringa Seed Powder,cocoa Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okazi Leaf by ijames: 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
Does anyone know how to get okazi for planting?kindly reply because I'm interested in getting
It
Thanks
Re: Okazi Leaf by Pavore9: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2016
The Efiks and Ibibios call it Afang and regarded more as a forest plant and did bump into them in many forests in Anambra.

The potential for this crop is enormous and from my research, Okazi leaves when sliced and dried can last for years still retaining its nutrients. The sliced dried ones l travelled with to Kenya in 2013 is still in good condition as it also serves me as an anti-malaria solution as all l have to do is boil a small quantity of the leaves then squeeze a lemon into it. The efficacy is so high. Tea bags can be made from it.

I laughed when l saw it online being sold on Amazon!

1 Like

Re: Okazi Leaf by ijames: 6:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Pavore9:
The Efiks and Ibibios call it Afang and regarded more as a forest plant and did bump into them in many forests in Anambra.

The potential for this crop is enormous and from my research, Okazi leaves when sliced and dried can last for years still retaining its nutrients. The sliced dried ones l travelled with to Kenya in 2013 is still in good condition as it also serves me as an anti-malaria solution as all l have to do is boil a small quantity of the leaves then squeeze a lemon into it. The efficacy is so high. Tea bags can be made from it.

I laughed when l saw it online being sold on Amazon!

This is great Pavore9, by the way I got your mail and I can say your are incredible, thanks. How do I cultivate this okazi plant?
Re: Okazi Leaf by Pavore9: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2016
ijames:

This is great Pavore9, by the way I got your mail and I can say your are incredible, thanks. How do I cultivate this okazi plant?

I do not know if the cultivation is being domesticated. You really need to go in search of its seedlings in the rural areas. I know Cameroon do export it to Nigeria, Europe and North America.
Re: Okazi Leaf by Agrotechbiz: 7:21am On Jul 04, 2017
If you need the plants email bizmenso@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Horticulture And Landscaping / We Sell Palm Kernel Cake In Large Quantity @26k Per Tonne. PICKUP PRICE / the real 2015 INVESTMENT OFFER FOR INTEGRATED FARMING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.