Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread (4048 Views)

Computer Repairs And Maintenance ⛑ / Help Me Please: I Want To Learn Computer Repairs / Computer Repairs In Abuja (slide Technology) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 2:46am On Jan 07, 2016
Hello,
Greeting to you all, young and old alike.
I'm a computer Engineer based in computer village, Lagos. Over the last year I have handled quite a number of laptop problems for some members of this forum and in so doing realised most 'big problem' are simple issues you can solve yourself in the comfort of home.
Yes, you can fix your laptop problems yourself even without any basic computer training. I have opened these thread to help advice and guide you to fix minor issues and maintain the good health your laptop computers yourselves. How ever I will not be responsible for whatever damage comes to your system as a result of your mistakes.
For persistent or chronic laptop problems I'm available on
Whatsapps...08136537584
BBM.............. 2AF88978

Start posting your problems here for instant solutions and advice.
Thanks

Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by persius555(m): 7:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Motherboard works fine, but wont detect battery. How do u solve that?
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2016
persius555:
Motherboard works fine, but wont detect battery. How do u solve that?
have u tried changing the battery if yes it's a critical issue which means sumtin is wrong with the motherboard add me on whatsap or bbm for better info bout solving d issue
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Eze2000(m): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
hello, I see you are back on air. well good. I thank u for fixing my laptop well my laptop well. its been running perfectly since.
I'm using windows defender as antivirus and I'm kind of worried its may not be adequate defence enough so I'm thinking AVG.
but I'm not a rich man so I don't want to throw away money buying something I don't really need so I got to ask ......is windows defender a good antivirus software?
I know it has no live scanning but if I keep it well updated cab it clean out all the bad things from my laptop?___virus, worms, Trojans, malware...can it fight them?
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Eze2000:
hello, I see you are back on air. well good. I thank u for fixing my laptop well my laptop well. its been running perfectly since.
I'm using windows defender as antivirus and I'm kind of worried its may not be adequate defence enough so I'm thinking AVG.
but I'm not a rich man so I don't want to throw away money buying something I don't really need so I got to ask ......is windows defender a good antivirus software?
I know it has no live scanning but if I keep it well updated cab it clean out all the bad things from my laptop?___virus, worms, Trojans, malware...can it fight them?
Thanks for the review as for the windows defender you make u keep updating it so as to make ur system virus free
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Eze2000(m): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
Harmilly:
Thanks for the review as for the windows defender you make u keep updating it so as to make ur system virus free
Thanks lots
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by leksgcfr(m): 7:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
I don't know what program I installed on my computer recently, but my mind tells me simple server. Ever since then, my system malfunctions a lot. Whenever I press a key on the keyboard , it closes the page and goes back to the desktop , opening many pages of Wordpad. I have tried system restore and deleted recently installed files but the same problem persists.
Please help.
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2016
leksgcfr:
I don't know what program I installed on my computer recently, but my mind tells me simple server. Ever since then, my system malfunctions a lot. Whenever I press a key on the keyboard , it closes the page and goes back to the desktop , opening many pages of Wordpad. I have tried system restore and deleted recently installed files but the same problem persists.
Please help.
yu will av to re install a compatible windows on it
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 10, 2016
hello, my dell laptop get hot easily and kind of hang/skip while i watch movies or using auto cad also when browsing
..pls how do i solve this ish..thanks....
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
gwason:
hello, my dell laptop get hot easily and kind of hang/skip while i watch movies or using auto cad also when browsing
..pls how do i solve this ish..thanks....
yu will av to service ur system dust d cooling fan and putting processor paste on d processor and format it to stop it from hanging while browsing and all oda stuff.... whatsapp or call me if u want me to perform all dat for yu
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Jascon4: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Harmilly:
Hello,
Greeting to you all, young and old alike.
I'm a computer Engineer based in computer village, Lagos. Over the last year I have handled quite a number of laptop problems for some members of this forum and in so doing realised most 'big problem' are simple issues you can solve yourself in the comfort of home.
Yes, you can fix your laptop problems yourself even without any basic computer training. I have opened these thread to help advice and guide you to fix minor issues and maintain the good health your laptop computers yourselves. How ever I will not be responsible for whatever damage comes to your system as a result of your mistakes.
For persistent or chronic laptop problems I'm available on
Whatsapps...08136537584
BBM.............. 2AF88978

Start posting your problems here for instant solutions and advice.
Thanks

My HP Pavilion DV6 1310ei needs a new motherboard, can you handle that?
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jascon4:

My HP Pavilion DV6 1310ei needs a new motherboard, can you handle that?
yea for sure contact me on whatsapp
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
my cap lock light doesn't come on when pressed what could be the cause
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Yemmyteespeed007:
my cap lock light doesn't come on when pressed
what could be the cause
ur keyboard might be faulty
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Jsmile(m): 11:12am On Jan 12, 2016
When I check my properties, Installed Memory (RAM) showing 4.00 GB(2.90 GB usable), I don't understand why it's showing so because when I was using windows 7 it's was just showing 4.00GB, But I recently changed hard disk and upgraded to windows 8.1
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
Jsmile:
When I check my properties, Installed Memory (RAM) showing 4.00 GB(2.90 GB usable), I don't understand why it's showing so because when I was using windows 7 it's was just showing 4.00GB, But I recently changed hard disk and upgraded to windows 8.1
Its because u are using 32bits reload it and make it 64bits operating system it will work fine
Jsmile:
Its because u are using 32bits reload it and make it 64bits operating system it will work fine
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Jsmile(m): 11:10am On Jan 13, 2016
Harmilly:
Its because u are using 32bits reload it and make it 64bits operating system it will work fine Its because u are using 32bits reload it and make it 64bits operating system it will work fine

Thank you so much brother, grateful. Was wondering if you can tell me how i can re-install the windows 8.1 pro myself and reload the 64bit, i dont have the OS CD, can i dowloand it from net and also the drivepack to drive it
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Jsmile:

Thank you so much brother, grateful. Was wondering if you can tell me how i can re-install the windows 8.1 pro myself and reload the 64bit, i dont have the OS CD, can i dowloand it from net and also the drivepack to drive it
you can download it bt the preferable 1 is to buy the CD and reload it
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Jsmile(m): 4:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Harmilly:
you can download it bt the preferable 1 is to buy the CD and reload it

okay then, will do as you said. grateful
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by suruwilliams(m): 6:40am On Jan 14, 2016
My dell inspiron core i5 webcam is not working camera cannot be detected "handwear not connected how can I fix this problem
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 8:59am On Jan 14, 2016
suruwilliams:
My dell inspiron core i5 webcam is not working camera cannot be detected "handwear not connected how can I fix this problem
Its only if u can open the place where the webcam is and fix it back or add me on watsapp for better discussion
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Jsmile(m): 8:26am On Jan 15, 2016
Jsmile:

Please wanted to know, since the system originally came with 64bit and now it was downgraded by mistake by the person that installed the OS for me to 32bits which is why you said I am seeing the 2.9GB RAM usable thing, do you think this thing will affect the performance of the system?
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 7:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Jsmile:

Please wanted to know, since the system originally came with 64bit and now it was downgraded by mistake by the person that installed the OS for me to 32bits which is why you said I am seeing the 2.9GB RAM usable thing, do you think this thing will affect the performance of the system?
it won't affect it really but it's working on 2.9gb instead of 4gb
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Harmilly:
it won't affect it really but it's working on 2.9gb instead of 4gb
We are back let's get started again, keep ur comment coming and get ur laptop problem solved
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
pls flash drive is not working on my system, although its detects flash Bt i can't copy any file to flash or transfer to my system through flash. it only appears in short cut mode
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
pls flash drive is not working on my system, although its detects flash Bt i can't copy any file through flash or transfer to my system through flash. it only appears in short cut mode
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 10:07am On Feb 09, 2016
Maruf05:
pls flash drive is not working on my system, although its detects flash Bt i can't copy any file through flash or transfer to my system through flash. it only appears in short cut mode
the flash might av been corrupted try another flash
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2016
Harmilly:
the flash might av been corrupted try another flash
WARRANTY - depending on the problem and circumstance we issue warranty for every system we repair. If the problem or your dissatisfaction persists within the warranty period we will fix it again.
Customer satisfaction and perfect functioning systems are our primary objectives.
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by tvcatch15(m): 3:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
leksgcfr:
Please help.

GD day,
My hp laptop charge for a while n it stops charging. Pls wat might be d possible cos.
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by leksgcfr(m): 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
tvcatch15:

GD day,
My hp laptop charge for a while n it stops charging. Pls wat might be d possible cos.

It might be the adaptor or the port. First, replace the former with a functional and compatible one. If the problem persists, consult your engineer for the port to be changed.
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by Harmilly: 7:28am On Feb 16, 2016
tvcatch15:

GD day,
it might be ur battery or from the mother board bt firstly vheck ur battery n get bck to me
Re: Computer Repairs & Consultation Thread by lovemaths(f): 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2016
My phone Pavilion g6 fell off the stool, made a continuous clicking sound then I shut it down. When I tried to boot it, with Windows refuse to load. I just see a black screen.
Thanks in anticipation of your response.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My ISP (Intercellular) Is Blocking Secure Sites (HTTPS) / AMD A10-5750M Laptop Review / HP 15 Notebook Gaming PC In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.