Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion (687 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Digital And Offset Printing / Fingering And Masterbation: Cons And Pros / #beingyorubainnigeria Hilarious Tag Addresses The Pros And Con's Of Being Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by iamnlia(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Most people who haven't met me in real life may never realize this (I am a total blabbermouth behind the keyboard) but I am hyper introverted.
So I'll have to talk and engage people in conversations, this in itself is not a stroll in the park.
Anyway, embracing social media and my current university experience has helped, even though I know I am still struggling with self conciseness.

So this is it:

CONS:I am reluctant to add my opinion during discussions so as not to be percieved as arrogant or ITK.

People will be actually scared to speak with you because they don't know your reaction (A girl actually told me this about me) embarassed embarassed

More time will be spent "talking" with your self than even with your closest friends

Feeling uncomfortable at large gathering seems almost like a reflex action

Limited number of baes (if any)

I often worry that people don't like me cry

Often times, there is worry about causing people
inconveniences.

I feel awkward asking for favors

([It's all actually not all that bad tho)

PROS: self awareness brings a level of emotional advantage i.e: Knowing what to say and how to say it at any time, ability to effectively study people and know what to say to trigger certain behaviours.

I actually spend more time acquiring general knowledge

I know how to do most things by myselfl e.g:i don't need anyone servicing my electricals,I can take on any plumbing work to a certain level etc.

You just have to get addicted to things you love

You get to know something about everything

You get to make a perfect liar cheesy cheesy (Refer to no:1)

People don't just mess with me grin

THE END

P.S: To any fellow introverts, I would love to read your thoughts below.

Hope I don't seem arrogant.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by benedictnsi(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2016
The Op is tired of himself..... That's why he is lamenting publicly
Re: My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by iamnlia(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2016
benedictnsi:
The Op is tired of himself..... That's why he is lamenting publicly

I see your not a fan of sharing your thoughts
Re: My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by benedictnsi(m): 10:47am On Jan 07, 2016
iamnlia:

I see your not a fan of sharing your thoughts
I'm not against you at all
Re: My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
iamnlia:
Most people who haven't met me in real life may never realize this (I am a total blabbermouth behind the keyboard) but I am hyper introverted.
So I'll have to talk and engage people in conversations, this in itself is not a stroll in the park.
Anyway, embracing social media and my current university experience has helped, even though I know I am still struggling with self conciseness.

So this is it:

CONS:I am reluctant to add my opinion during discussions so as not to be percieved as arrogant or ITK.

People will be actually scared to speak with you because they don't know your reaction (A girl actually told me this about me) embarassed embarassed

More time will be spent "talking" with your self than even with your closest friends

Feeling uncomfortable at large gathering seems almost like a reflex action

Limited number of baes (if any)

I often worry that people don't like me cry

Often times, there is worry about causing people
inconveniences.

I feel awkward asking for favors

([It's all actually not all that bad tho)

PROS: self awareness brings a level of emotional advantage i.e: Knowing what to say and how to say it at any time, ability to effectively study people and know what to say to trigger certain behaviours.

I actually spend more time acquiring general knowledge

I know how to do most things by myselfl e.g:i don't need anyone servicing my electricals,I can take on any plumbing work to a certain level etc.

You just have to get addicted to things you love

You get to know something about everything

You get to make a perfect liar cheesy cheesy (Refer to no:1)

People don't just mess with me grin

THE END

P.S: To any fellow introverts, I would love to read your thoughts below.

Hope I don't seem arrogant.

I can relate with your thoughts. What course are you studying?
Re: My Life: Pros And Cons Of Introversion by iamnlia(m): 2:45am On Jan 21, 2016
iamayodeji:

I can relate with your thoughts. What course are you studying?

Medicine and surgery

(1) (Reply)

Senate Sets Up Committee On Missing 2016 Budget / . / Artificial Uterus To Birth Human Baby By 2033.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.