Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria (1956 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Netflix Is Bound To Fail In Nigeria, Here's Why / 5 Reasons Why NETFLIX In Nigeria Is A Good News For All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Mogenerous(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2016
It's no joke, Nigeria is among the 130 countries that will be getting Netflix soon and it's should be noted that Netflix has been available in Just 60 countries in the world before this recent developments. At an opening keynote at CES, Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings confirmed that Netflix will expand to yet other major markets.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Mogenerous(f): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 69 million members in over 60 countries enjoying more than 100 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films, interesting right?

Recently, in teenage and youth internet circles, the phrase “Netflix and chill” has been inescapable. Some of us would be wondering what that means but that's an assignment for whoever wants to know *wink*.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Mogenerous(f): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2016
There are some of the reactions from Nigerian Twitter;

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2016
Good news, but bad timing. OK our internet speed has improved, I still get speed of up to 12mbps and ping of less than 100 on my MTN, also I get about 3mbps on my spectranet. Fast enough to stream SD Netflix movies. But the problem is data is too expensive. I'd rather download the movies and watch multiple times than waste a lot of data to stream and whenever I wanna rewacth I still stream again. This is the perfect time for one of those telecommunication companies to introduce unlimited internet even if they have to throttle it down to 1mbps.

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Google should create an app for it

1 Like

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by kolexepana: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2016
Netflix in Nigeria now costs six dollars but i must admit Piracy, Internet speed and Data bundles wont help here.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Mogenerous(f): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:
Good news, but bad timing. OK our internet speed has improved, I still get speed of up to 12mbps and ping of less than 100 on my MTN, also I get about 3mbps on my spectranet. Fast enough to stream SD Netflix movies. But the problem is data is too expensive. I'd rather download the movies and watch multiple times than waste a lot of data to stream and whenever I wanna rewacth I still stream again. This is the perfect time for one of those telecommunication companies to introduce unlimited internet even if they have to throttle it down to 1mbps.

Gbam... Good observation. The only thing that could help is getting unlimited data at a reasonable price.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Mogenerous(f): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Xhaka:
Google should create an app for it
There is Netflix application. Check playstore
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mogenerous:

does it work on ur phone?
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Segadem(m): 12:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
OK, let wait and see.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
lofty900:
does it work on ur phone?

I've been using netflix on my phone for many years. All u need is a good vpn and set ur ip to USA. Very simple. The only problem is data cost.. I see no way this netflix will sell in Nigeria until we have cheap unlimited internet.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Bossman(m): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
Have to agree with lofty900. Netflix is dependent on the availability of seamless data. Without that, it's a moot point. Most Nigerians still get their data via their phone line. A 2 hour movie (not even HD movie, which most netflix movies are btw) will consume several gigabytes of data. It's good that it's now available to the masses, but only very few will actually be able to enjoy it.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by gidimasters(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nice One
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by daphid25(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
We all know what Alaba boiz can do
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by donhils: 4:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
greenhulk:
I've been downloading with a speed of 200kb/s and at times it goes as slow as 16kb/s since I started downloading.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by nelcliff(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Netflix rock. rush down to www.netflix.com.ng and enjoy like I am enjoying my free trial first month as I type this message.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mogenerous:

Still gotta pay right?
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Xhaka:

Still gotta pay right?

Oga Netflix is free to download. But u have to pay for a monthly or yearly access.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
I'm already in. No ip, opening directly with Nigerian ip. Don't ask me how I did it. I think their server is kinda down, just loading till eternity.

Update: finally working. Damn spectranet couldn't stream, tried glo that one too loading till eternity. Guess which network is able to stream... MTN. I don't see myself using this app until our internet is improved and until they offer unlimited data.

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 9:55am On Jan 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Oga Netflix is free to download. But u have to pay for a monthly or yearly access.
And pay for internet too, innit?
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Xhaka:

And pay for internet too, innit?

Noo, internet na free. U go tell me whether Mtn or glo or airtel or etisalat na ur family business. Abi na ur papa get smile and spectranet?
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Youngpo413: 11:51am On Jan 08, 2016
To download and watch is better than this sh!t,common to make whatsapp call na die,talk less of HD streaming.
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by Xhaka(m): 9:20am On Jan 11, 2016
greenhulk:

Noo, internet na free. U go tell me whether Mtn or glo or airtel or etisalat na ur family business. Abi na ur papa get smile and spectranet?
Na ur papa get netflix?
Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by holyh232: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
Xhaka:

Na ur papa get netflix?

you guys should stop this there is something better than netflix some movies and series cant be found on netflix but you can get it for free on

alluc.ee

just search on the name of the movie or series both indian, chines and the whole worldwide movies and series can be found there and if you want to watch live match, live boxing, live wrestling and many more live premium channels go to

alluc.ee/live/

and chose from the catigories alluc have replaced my dstv, gotv and mobdro it works on phone and on pc check it out and thank me later i still have the one for african magic and co. and its a free site

https://www.nairaland.com/2856214/netflix-streaming-issues-nigeria-solutions/1

1 Like

Re: Netflix Is Coming To Nigeria by sherifos: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2016
For all you need to know about netflix, check http:///netflix-nigeria-how-to-setup-and-watch-netflix-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Get Free Internet With VPN Service? / Is The Upcoming Infinix X556 The Infinix Hot 4? / A Nairalanders Review Of The Itel It1556

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.