Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

God Is Beyond Human Reason - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Beyond Human Reason (1234 Views)

God Is Great!!! Statue Of Virgin Mary Weeps As Worshippers Flock To Church / God Is Angry, Sends Angels To This Earth To Warn People / Your God Is Too Small (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
Romans 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches of wisdom and knowledge of god!
How unsearchable his judgements, and his paths beyond tracing out!
If you continue to use your sense of reason to search for God, you u not find Him.
1 Corinthian 2:11 For who knows a person thoughts except their own spirit within them? in the same way no one knows the thoughts of God expect the Spirit of God.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by ifenes(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
How did you now belief there is one if god is a above human reasoning? Why do you believe the alleged laws of this god? I personally know who your god is and can tell you everything you need to know about your god.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
yes my God can tell u who he his. if you seek him through the right way.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
ifenes:
How did you now belief there is one if god is a above human reasoning? Why do you believe the alleged laws of this god? I personally know who your god is and can tell you everything you need to know about your god.
if you continue to use human reason @ a point u will get confuse whether there a God or not.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by menesheh(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
samju100:

if you continue to use human reason @ a point u will get confuse whether there a God or not.

If you really understand the meaning of abstract concept, you will then desist from thriving in delusion and the imageries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
samju100:

Why is God beyond human reason? Is this due to our lack of knowledge on our part, or a restriction he set uo himself?

Or is he unreasonable?

3 Likes

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Kay17: 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
samju100:

THE RIGHT WAY!! Loool!

1 Like

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by BodyKiss(m): 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Typical christian excuse when they can't make sense of their God but had to believe for the fear of burning in hell. That's your God idea hitting a dead end.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
BodyKiss:
Typical christian excuse when they can't make sense of their God but had to believe for the fear of burning in hell. That's your God idea hitting a dead end.
Romans 8
KJV:For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
KJV:For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
KJV:Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
KJV:So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
KJV:But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
musKeeto:

Why is God beyond human reason? Is this due to our lack of knowledge on our part, or a restriction he set uo himself?

Or is he unreasonable?

you can only find God by humility not by arrogance or pride.

ESV:Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God,
ESV:who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kay17:

THE RIGHT WAY!! Loool!
just humble yourself and u will see God . God resist the proud.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by urheme: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
samju100:

just humble yourself and u will see God . God resist the proud.

Have you seen God your self

samju100:

I know of a fact that gods don't talk, pls what language did god use in telling you who he is?

Answer me quick.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by samju100(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
urheme:

Have you seen God your self

yes God can be touch, seen.

I know of a fact that gods don't talk, pls what language did god use in telling you who he is?

Answer me quick.
yes
David say once he speak twice have I heard that power belong to God.
in the language u can understand.

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hello to all.

God is indeed beyond Human Reasoning. Not because Reasoning is wrong, but first of all because Reason require facts and tools for analysis. In metaphysical affairs however, Science does not yet have the necessary instruments to undergo verification and analysis of spiritual events. So was the case with micro organisms many centuries ago: We did not have Microscope and similar tools and techniques to observe and study them. They were therefore beyond our comprehension and led to a lot of fantasy and myths. In the same vein, spiritual happenings are not yet accessible to Science as we know it.

God -but not spirituality- is furthermore bound never to be understood by man, because it is a natural law, that nobody can't understand what originates from a sphere beyond his. Man is from the spiritual sphere and can therefore never understand divine entities/creatures, nor God. Likewise, animals which are from the animistic sphere can simply not understand the complexity of man and spiritual creatures. Thus yes God is beyond Human reasoning.

Nonetheless, this does not mean - as the OP seems to suggests - that we should fill in the gaps of what we don't understand yet with Blind Religious faith. Religious Faith is not true faith, just as Religion is not spirituality. If God can't be understood, a lot more is open to man's examination and scrutiny.

Religious concepts of Hell, Paradise, Salvation, redemption, Holiness, blasphemy, Sins, etc. can and should be examined by men with a Truth seeking heart. It is not enough to quote a religious Book to be right on these matters. Every one should be allowed to criticize, look for the Truth and hold onto whatever convictions they regard as moral positive and good. People should be allowed to follow their heart and believe in whatever they consider true, without any constraint, on condition that they do not harm or force it on others.

As far as God is concerned, we should treat him fairly. God is different from Religions and Religious Mouvements. What they teach about him or what they do, is not always consistent with the Truth. Therefore nobody should believe or disbelieve (in) God just because of what Religions/Religious people teach and do. I'm convinced that whoever seeks the Truth will ultimately be led to the Truth, in this life or after.

My prayers go with everyone who will read this Thread, that they may - out of a personal quest for the Truth - come to the recognition of God.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by K9blunt(f): 12:29am On Jan 08, 2016
OK your god is beyond human reasoning he created brains for humans to think objectively but robortically not to question him. Iffahia

I have a theory though, the bible was written by a creative person who got facinated in a being that is all powerful and almighty and yet with human emotions and short comings then did damage control by the talk of "Gods ways are beyond human reasoning" (just to shut you up)so as control gullible people in his time not knowing it will make future generations followers of his imaginations.

His really good. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2016
K9blunt:
OK your god is beyond human reasoning he created brains for humans to think objectively but robortically not to question him.
God gave us brains to use it on a specific sphere, which is the understanding our physical environment. The Brain - or at least the frontal brain - is not the right tool in order to understand things of the spirit. We cannot eat through the rectum, but it does not render it useless. There are other tools in our body available for us to understand/grasp spiritual things which can be used by anyone genuinely seeking the Truth.

As for understanding God, I have already stated it is impossible. However, we can still relate to Him. Our ancestors did not fully comprehend the law of universal attraction of bodies as expressed as the Law of gravity, but they could still relate to it.

K9blunt:
the bible was written by a creative person who...
as a principle, I do not comment on religious sacred Books whether Koran, Bible, vedas, etc., neither do I believe they are necessary to truly serve God and come to the recognition of God. You are entitled to your opinions about those books, and I will not dispute them. Suffice for me to say that God is not limited to the pages of any book, but via a personal inner quest for the Truth. Besides, it is unfair to Judge God on the basis of what religions say about Him. God and concepts of God - as taught by various religions - are not one and the same thing. Thus religious Books of any kind may or may not be useful for spiritual ascent, but are not necessary for true spirituality.

Cheers.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by K9blunt(f): 12:53am On Jan 08, 2016
LoJ:

God gave us brains to use it on a specific sphere, which understanding our environment. The Brain - or at least the frontal brain - is not the right tool in order to understand things of the spirit. We cannot eat through the rectum, but it does not render it useless. There are tools in our body available for us to understand/grasp spiritual things which can be used by anyone genuinely seeking the Truth.

As for understanding God, I have already stated it is impossible. However, we can still relate to Him. Our ancestors did not fully comprehend the law of universal attraction of bodies as expressed as the Law of gravity, but they could still relate to it.

as a principle, I do not comment on religious sacred Books whether Koran, Bible, vedas, etc., neither do I believe they are necessary to truly serve God and come to the recognition of God. You are entitled to your opinions about those books, and I will not dispute them. Suffice for me to say that God is not limited to the pages of any book, but via a personal inner quest for the Truth. Besides, it is unfair to Judge God on the basis of what religions say about Him. God and concepts of God - as taught by various religions - are not one and the same thing. Thus religions Books of any kind may or may not be useful for spiritual ascent, but are not necessary for true spirituality.

Cheers.

Your opinion
Bye
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 08, 2016
K9blunt:

Of course it is my opinion.

Cheers.
Re: God Is Beyond Human Reason by Psylas(m): 2:23am On Jan 08, 2016
God is mentally ill!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Defination For Christianity! / 3 Reasons Why African Gods Are Useless / NASA Found That Everything The Bible Says Is True!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.