Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,959 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? (26554 Views)

What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? / Low Income Earner? Top Secrets To Earn More Money / When Is It Appropriate To Ask For A Salary Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by megastu(m): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
olapluto:

Well, I can tell you that earning that does not make one rich.
Rent- 200k monthly
Food and Children issues - 100k
family- 100k
Savings - 50k

Do you consider this as rich?

Rent- 150k monthly
Nanny - 25k
gateman- 20k
Fuel- 20k
car maintenace -30k
sch fees kids - 100k
family 50k
food -50k
Clothes -20k
Savings -50k

By the way, very few people earn 500k a month and guess what? you give more than 12 hours daily.

Tell me how you can be rich? you can only get by and meet your needs. The moment the work stops, wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by hotdi(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
YES if you are a good planner and faithful in executing it.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by abimic(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yes but forget not that being rich has grades. Being rich involves being wise except u wanna b corruptly rich which involves being cunning. Left to me, most big boys that are salary earners have businesses they run underground that boost their wealth.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by megastu(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
Churchillsaug:
Do you wanna know the plain truth? The free guy on the street, handling his own things on his own can make someone's 2yrs salary put together under one week. Salary is just a lazy man's thing. Example? If just a comon Lagos danfo conductor tell you how huch he makes in a week, you will know that that your HNDcertificate as a banker is just a decoration.

Doesnt follow, most times.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by megastu(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
STILESGANG:
You mean his PA( personal assistant) earns 64mills.Are you kidding me?

He meant his Per Annum (PA) SALARY.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by mcmbonu: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
1. HARD ANALYSIS:

Divide your SALARY by 30 days and see what you get (i.e. the number of days in a month and see the funny thing about your salary plan).

For example,
(1) An average level-12 worker in the state government civil service earns NGN 60,000.
**** And this translates to NGN 60,000÷30= NGN 2,000 every day. This is LESS THAN the amount made daily by an AVERAGE HAWKER in the city.

(2) A freshly EMPLOYED GRADUATE BANKER in most NIGERIAN BANKS earns an average of NGN120,000 monthly.
***So everyday, you get NGN120,000÷30= NGN4,000 as the daily value for your work-life. By implication, this is LESS THAN the amount earned DAILY by an AVERAGE DRIVER in d city and in some villages.....

(3) If you are a FRESH GRADUATE EMPLOYEE in some oil companies, you earn an average of NGN300,000 monthly. So in a day your WORK-VALUE is NGN300,000 ÷ 30= NGN10,000
**** This is LESS THAN the daily amount earned by an IRRIGATION FARMER supplying vegetables to Lagos MARKETS, a TIPPER CAR DRIVER supplying sand for three BLOCK INDUSTRIES and CONSTRUCTION SITES just 3 times a day and DRIVERS of DANGOTE TRUCKS who have bought off the trucks at scrap value and are using them to convey products between villages and the cities for just five business owners.

--------->>>HOPE BY NOW, IT IS SINKING IN, RIGHT?

And when there is an ISSUE in the FAMILY that requires FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, the DRIVERS, HAWKERS and the rest are looking up to you with a WHITE COLLAR JOB.

(4) If you are an NYSC MEMBER, you DON'T need to be told that:
*****NGN19,800÷30 = NGN 660 is your worth on a daily basis.
I hope you know that PURE WATER SELLERS who own a shop, a pepper soup joint and a small TOYOTA COROLLA car to distribute pure water to five restaurants earn MORE THAN you & WHEEL-BARROW PUSHERS working on contract for three warehouses probably make MORE MONEY than you EACH DAY

We shouldn't end at satisfactions from these earnings. We should be more proactive, create room for more income and strive to diversify our streams of income.

The earlier you wake up and smell the coffee, the better for you......

I know of someone right now who will say this is too ideal to be true but take your time and do this analysis over and over again, and you will grasp the crux!!!

STOP waiting for the Government to feed you, feed yourself and help the Government feed others. That is where we are in this age.

Have a great day ahead!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by StArusi: 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
wwhitewitch:
if ure earning 500k a month excluding allowances, is dat not enough to make u rich? greedy people mehn
How many people earn up to 150k in Nigeria, not to talk of 500k. Our oil price keeps falling, oil companies keep downsizing. Workers' salaries are been slashed. Here u are talking of earning 500k per month. Hw many people earn it?? Go to ur village and count d duplex there and ask how many are owned by salary earners. Business is the gig anyday unless u intend stealing ur company's funds as a salary earner. Bless!

2 Likes

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by bettercreature(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
You Are Rich If You Can Give Yourself A Befitting 3square Meal, Your BOSS Might Have Mistaken "Been Wealthy From Been Rich...
Horrible mentality! the same thinking that destroyed our fore-father and make their generation to continue being poor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by mysterydude: 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
yes u can if sure a footballer playing in Madrid,man u, Man city, PSG etc

1 Like

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by STENON(f): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yes,
Bt It depends on your Income ( I.e. total amount of salary) and your expenditures.

1 Like

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
bettercreature:
Horrible mentality! the same thinking that destroyed our fore-father and make their generation to continue being poor
believe it or not, that's just d truth..

Please, can u differentiate between "Been Rich & Been Wealthy??

1 Like

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by fromnigeria(m): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
NaijaOptimist:
Can one become rich as a salary earner?Without other or additional means of income, and without corruption?
Capital NO
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
bidemi12:

In Nigeria? No. In normal societies? Yes.
Well, I AM in Nigeria, hence my reply!.
smiley
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by somez(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
smoothlips:
Dumb question of the year
dumb reply of the century.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
limitless777:
DUMB QUESTION. The answer remains NEVER NEVER NEVER. U cannot n can NEVER be richer than Ur boss. If you are working for ailli/billionaire U can n will not be same IF you are in his employ

I tell you. Billionaires or millionaires around the globe are entrepreneurs or those in media and entertainment.

Even if you earn millions, it takes a discipline person to spend wisely. It is the truth.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by andrewutibe: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
U can't, u have 2b cosmopolitan, u have 2b dynamics, u hav 2 expand ur horizon. Take it or leave it.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by edmarknetwork: 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
No you can't be wealthy with salary unless you steal and,you will be caught
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by sonnie10: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Edem Duke, the owner of Duke's in Calabar was just an employee at Mobil. They guy is very rich, so yes, you can make with good planing and investment.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by tunene66: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Earning salary makes you earn a living not a fortune

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Vikky014(f): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
NaijaOptimist:
Can one become rich as a salary earner?Without other or additional means of income, and without corruption?
one can only become rich when u invest ur salary by building houses for rent and also having a supermarket...

2 Likes

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Nelrulez(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yes you can.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by tayorx(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
Capital NO
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by olapluto(m): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
megastu:

Rent- 150k monthly
Nanny - 25k
gateman- 20k
Fuel- 20k
car maintenace -30k
sch fees kids - 100k
family 50k
food -50k
Clothes -20k
Savings -50k

By the way, very few people earn 500k a month and guess what? you give more than 12 hours daily.

Tell me how you can be rich? you can only get by and meet your needs. The moment the work stops, wahala.
Not paid monthly!
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
wisestman:

I know a CEO that works with an oil company and lives in his own personal house in lekki, his PA salary is N64million. So you can, its all about d degree of d company is willing to pay you for your services and d difficulty in replacing you. Besides being rich starts from your mindset before it manifests outwardly. Start being rich on d inside and watch as ur bosses will be heads over heels to have u work with them and not for them, notice the difference.

PA as in Personal Assistant?
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by jaybee3(m): 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
YES, but it depends on the Job/industry
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
webcalculator:
No. But it gives you a great start if being rich is your desire. You won't believe it but I have a friend that his general take home is below 200k and is content. He told me personally that he is content with it and is not going into business. Not everybody want to be wealthy, some want a comfortable life that's not glamorous. What salary has done for me is that it has given me more edge and an opportunity to venture into businesses that I never thought I would do. Proudly a salary earner.

You are right, like myself I earn slightly below 200k but I have started making exit plans. Salary is a deceiver, no matter the amount. One just has to make moves to make it big.

1 Like

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Barrysleek(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yea if u work in a multinational company in a top management position. I know of top executives that fly private jets
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by Kazrem(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
"Ise re omo alase je. O wo re omo alase la."

That Yoruba proverb says it all. Ironically many of us thread the path of being employee.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by iluvweed(m): 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sure!!! But only if you are intelligent. For example, My former boss had a first class in architecture, He was employed by a multi-national construction company and earned a decent salary, and he saved up his salary for 3 years and built himself a very nice bungalow, he actually got the architectural designs from france and the bungalow was one of a kind!....Then one of his boss saw the building and offered to pay him double the price he built it! he then rented a small apartment with his wife and 1 kid.......He got the money and built a twin duplex, Sold both duplexes at double the price again (due to the tasteful architectural designs used), built himself a nice bungalow and from there, he became a very successful builder. Today, he has built over 100 twin duplexes in lagos, strictly the expensive parts of lagos!. So if you are intelligient like my boss, you can do it!..... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by kajoula(m): 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
There are differences from being comfortable and being rich.

Eraning Salary can only make you comfortable to some desired extent but to be rich,you gat be a boss of yourself. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by bolfak: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
Ask Steve Ballmer or Sheryl Sandberg. They are billionaires. Now Ballmer is Microsoft''s largest shareholder.
Re: Can One Become Rich As A Salary Earner? by don4real18(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
pat077:
yes. U can b rich as a salary earner but u can't b wealthy.
Don't confuse yourself... Being rich is being wealthy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daring Rescue: LASEMA Recognizes Daring Third Mainland Bridge Rescue Responders / Is Spending N600 Per Day For Feeding Too Much For A 45k Monthly Job? / President Tinubu Approves Dismissal Of Workers With Degrees From Benin, Togo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.