Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode (2228 Views)

Governors Accuse Jonathan’s Govt Of Importing Substandard Rice During Elections / How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC / REVEALED: APC Spent N30B On Presidential Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by sayyid(m): 4:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says the All Progressives Congress spent more than the Peoples Democratic Party which was in power during the last general elections.
Fani-Kayode, who was the spokesperson for the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organisation, said this in a statement on Wednesday while reacting to the probe of some key officials of the PDP by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.
He said, “No election campaign anywhere in the world, including that of President Buhari was run with just words, goodwill, grass and pebbles and neither were we given free campaign adverts or airtime. All these things were run and paid for with large sums of money.
“This is especially so with publicity and media because that was the lifeblood of the various campaigns. I repeat, there is nothing that we did in the campaign organisation or that my directorate did that Lai Mohammed, Buhari and the APC did not do in theirs. As a matter of fact, they spent far more than we did but I have no idea where they got their money and whether they were private or public funds.”
The ex-minister, therefore, denied reports that he collected N1.7bn from the embattled former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
He said he neither collected money from former President Goodluck Jonathan nor Dasuki when he was the spokesperson for the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation.
Fani-Kayode said while he was the spokesperson for the campaign organisation, he only received money from donors and other private individuals.
He said, “I read with amusement the allegation that was made in the media report that I was given 1.7bn cash by President Goodluck Jonathan. This is false. A few hours later, they changed their story and said that I received 1.7bn from the office of the former NSA, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (retd.). This is also false.
“I have never received one kobo from former President Jonathan, Colonel Dasuki or any other member of Jonathan’s government. I never received any public funds. I was not the beneficiary of any payments in cash transfer, cheque or otherwise from any government official during the tenure of President Jonathan.
“As the Director of Media and Publicity of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation, I received funds from private individuals and companies on behalf of the Directorate of Media and Publicity which I headed during the election campaigns but these were not public funds but rather private contributions specifically for the presidential and other campaigns.”
He said the money he received during the campaigns were transferred into his bank account by the Director of Finance of the Presidential Campaign Organisation and the account was specifically set up for the purpose of running the publicity and media aspects of the campaign for the whole country and the directorate.
Meanwhile, a former spokesperson for ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe, has asked the Federal Government not to dabble in the finances the Peoples Democratic Party spent in the last general elections.
Okupe, who condemned the detention of the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, maintained that the way the PDP sourced and utilised its campaign funds was not different from the way the All Progressives Congress sourced its own.
Speaking in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Wednesday, Okupe said President Muhammadu Buhari was losing his respect and integrity in the eyes of the international community by not upholding the rule of law.
He said, “The Federal Government should not try to dabble into or control the finances of the PDP. The way and manner the ruling party is undertaking its selective probe by hounding opposition leaders is unbecoming and very disheartening. Party finances are not the business of the government. The former National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, cannot deny that he didn’t collect money for campaigns during the last elections.
“Why is the Federal Government not asking questions on the sources of the APC’s campaign funds? The way the PDP spent billions of naira to fund its campaigns in the media was the same way the APC did theirs? Where did the APC get its campaign funds from? The opposition must be given the liberty to thrive.”
Reacting to an allegation that a former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, benefited from the $2.1bn arms funds, Okupe said the former minister merely provided a service to the PDP during the electioneering and should not be questioned.
Okupe urged the President to be tolerant of criticism even as he condemned a statement credited to the National Chairman of the APC, John Odigie-Oyegun, in which the APC chair asked Nigerians not to abuse Buhari.
He urged President Buhari to emulate former President Goodluck Jonathan whom he said was insulted by many leaders of the opposition but never retaliated.
www.punchng.com/apc-spent-more-than-pdp-during-elections-fani-kayode/

2 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
I know cos APC was giving out N2k each to voters to vote APC in lag...
My question: whr did they the money from??

5 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by boboLIL(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Apc is a scam to the nation

6 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by kozmokaz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
I follow chop d money self grin

but voted pdp

3 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by sayyid(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
kozmokaz:

but voted pdp
dnt worry EFCC is coming for u

1 Like

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by kozmokaz(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
sayyid:

dnt worry EFCC is coming for u
dat is only if EFCC ft open #buharigate.

cux am hiding inside d gate grin

7 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by johnmartus(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS BASTARD CALLED FEMI HOPE HE GET WORK AT ALL? TALKATIVE.WELL I CANNOT BLAME HIM I BLAME THIS USELESS JOURNALIST.

7 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by Super1Star: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
This just confirmed what every all and sundry have been saying about FFK ---- he smokes crack cocaine mixed with sambisa weed.

3 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by abu12: 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
[size=15pt]since fani kayode don't knw how apc finance their campaign, e shld keep quite and wait 4 efcc arrest.

Fanikayode shld know dat when jonathan was busy sharing DOLLARS in south west, TINUBU was sophoscating social media and print media with propaganda, because he knows what is people want. Tinubu use media 2 outshine Jonathan DOLLARS. Fanikayode shld see some of APC media foot soldier who were rewarded with jolofrice recently in aso rock 4 a job weldone.

In the north, Jona was busy sharing dollars while APC was using local musician 2 sing hate song against pdp which outshine pdp money, couple with d boko haram issue.
Fanikayode shld realise dat APC just rewarded dos musician tru a music festival organise by El-rufai here in KD, 4 a job Weldon.

FFK it is not all about money [/size]

4 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by abduljabbar4(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mukhtar ramalan Yero shared 20K for each persons including me in unguwan Kaura, zaria but you need to see how he was beaten in that very area.

kozmokaz:
but voted pdp

@topic on adverts, APC spent N332.503 million while pdp spent N1.049 billion

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/parties-spend-n4-9bn-on-political-adverts/

And overall, although gej the shameless liar denied it, he spent approximately 2 trillion Naira.
Think of the billions he gave massob
Think of the billions he gave OPC
Think of the billions he gave pastors
Think of the billions he gave Oba's
Think of the billions he gave arewa youths
Dont forget the 2.1 billion dollars that was used for campaigns instead of arms purchase
Dont forget the 20 billion dollars that must have been used for campaigns.

FFK is a real idiott

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by kozmokaz(m): 5:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
abduljabbar4:
Mukhtar ramalan Yero shared 20K for each persons including me in unguwan Kaura, zaria but you need to see how he was beaten in that very area.

And overall, although gej the shameless liar denied it, he spent approximately 2 trillion Naira.
Dont forget the 2.1 billion dollars that was used for campaigns instead of arms purchase

FFK is a real idiott
undecided
abduljabbar4:

FFK is a real idiott
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by abduljabbar4(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
kozmokaz:
undecided

Have you forgotten when gej was sharing millions of dollars to almost all eminent personalities or groups?

2 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by tuniski: 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
kozmokaz:
undecided
u are just continuing the propaganda that apc fed u. Hope u join in eating aisha's jollof rice. The economy didn't see any trillion during the campaigns cos an injection of that much over a 6months period would have ginger money circulation and Creation. People should get discerning and stop mentioning money like it is sand. Apc/buhari is a scam grown on propaganda and completely lost on leadership!

1 Like

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by RockMaxi: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
APCcrimesHHD:
I know cos APC was giving out N2k each to voters to vote APC in lag...

My question: whr did they the money from??

Definitely not from the ONSA and not the one budgeted for arms purchase under Dasuki. grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
RockMaxi:

Definitely not from the ONSA and not the one budgeted for arms purchase under Dasuki. grin grin

but maybe from Niger Delta Oil money from Ameachi...hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by OlujobaSamuel: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ffk and Okupe is not getting it, no one is probing pdp campaign fund but ONSA arms procurement fund.
The smoker and the bastarrd should reason properly.

3 Likes

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by Naijacitizen(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Ffk and Okupe is not getting it, no one is probing pdp campaign fund but ONSA arms procurement fund.
The smoker and the bastarrd should reason properly.

You mind that nitwit?
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by ba7man(m): 7:16am On Jan 08, 2016
tuniski:
u are just continuing the propaganda that apc fed u. Hope u join in eating aisha's jollof rice. The economy didn't see any trillion during the campaigns cos an injection of that much over a 6months period would have ginger money circulation and Creation. People should get discerning and stop mentioning money like it is sand. Apc/buhari is a scam grown on propaganda and completely lost on leadership!
Was the money released into the economy or their bank accounts??

Think.... your brain is free.
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by Toosure70: 7:19am On Jan 08, 2016
We thank APC, if not APC you PDP animals for finish this country.

1 Like

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by mikolo80: 7:21am On Jan 08, 2016
boboLIL:
Apc is a scam to the nation
pdp nko
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by tuniski: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2016
ba7man:
Was the money released into the economy or their bank accounts??

Think.... your brain is free.
u are being clever by half! The bank is the gate way to the economy and money in the banks is in the economy. So next time people scream crazy amounts of money just ask yourself but, there was no such effect in the economy nau?
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by drey076(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2016
God bless APC
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by ba7man(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2016
tuniski:
u are being clever by half! The bank is the gate way to the economy and money in the banks is in the economy. So next time people scream crazy amounts of money just ask yourself but, there was no such effect in the economy nau?
You're not being clever at all. undecided

I don't even know how to start explaining wealth distribution in a economy and it's effects to you.
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by tuniski: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Toosure70:
We thank APC, if not APC you PDP animals for finish this country.
and the country is being finished by apc abi. Don't be zombied apc is a scam and we are witnessing cluelessness redefined by a bunch not prepared to govern!
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by tuniski: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2016
ba7man:
You're not being clever at all. undecided

I don't even know how to start explaining wealth distribution in a economy and it's effects to you.
because u don't know or u don't understand. Seek knowledge and u shall be better on public forum else u display your ignorance. Money in banking system is money in the economy u hear.
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by phemmie06(m): 7:45am On Jan 08, 2016
Wetin dis man de talk, if you feature for Dasukigate movie that doesn't mean that you no go feature for another movie.
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by dridowu: 7:47am On Jan 08, 2016
PDPcrimesHHD:
I know cos PDP was giving out N100k each to voters to vote PDP in lag and other states...I collected also

My question: whr did they the money from?? I think from Dasuki
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by sammyj: 7:48am On Jan 08, 2016
FFK please vomit your yam before the corruption bus get to your bus stop and stop giving us excuses like a talking parrot! ! shocked cool
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by ba7man(m): 8:29am On Jan 08, 2016
tuniski:
because u don't know or u don't understand. Seek knowledge and u shall be better on public forum else u display your ignorance. Money in banking system is money in the economy u hear.
So explain this Nigerian situation........ "Money circulation amongst few"......when money meant to provide for 100,000 citizens is being embezzled by 1 man........ and he deposits it in a bank.

What happens to the deprived majority?........ how does the money in the bank affect them?
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by obailala(m): 8:30am On Jan 08, 2016
johnmartus:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS BASTARD CALLED FEMI HOPE HE GET WORK AT ALL? TALKATIVE.WELL I CANNOT BLAME HIM I BLAME THIS USELESS JOURNALIST.

1 Like

Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by tuniski: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2016
ba7man:
So explain this Nigerian situation........ "Money circulation amongst few"......when money meant to provide for 100,000 citizens is being embezzled by 1 man........ and he deposits it in a bank.

What happens to the deprived majority?........ how does the money in the bank affect them?
well, money creation and ultimately wealth creation is a function of money circulation. The financial institutions are the intermediaries. So even if money diverted to private accounts but within nigeria the impact will be felt via bank cash liquidity resulting in their ability to advance loans and other facilities to other active economic agents which in turn will spread into economic activities that create value. Have u ever wonder why African leaders are berated for stealing money and taking them to foreign banks to develop foreign land?
Re: APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode by MrPolitics: 11:45am On Jan 08, 2016
abduljabbar4:

FFK is a real idiott

The way u mention money is anazing. Do u even know how huge 2 trillion naira is? If that amount was spent on the elections, there would have been left to nothing for the government to function in 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Why? (pics) / Court Authorises PDP To Go Ahead With Convention / We Need Referendum Not Dialogue, Says IPOB - Nigerian Pilot News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.