Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. (677 Views)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply / To The Nigerians Abroad: The Truth And Lies Of Lagos (my Assesment) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by OneNaija(m): 9:49pm On Jun 16, 2009
Nigerians Abroad always fear and always raise the topic high when something goes wrong in that stupid country call Nigeria. e.g Millant have kidnap Foreign Oil workers such as an Americans, British, Canada.Then You will see those Guys and Girls who lives abroad will raise the Topic High. Are you Guys Afraid of America,Canada and British kicking you guys out of their Country or what?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by ElRazur: 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2009
Translation please. cheesy
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2009
I am trying to understand all the Ghana you dey speak here.
So please speak English.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by OneNaija(m): 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2009
You will only use your head. I don talk my own finish Head master
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by SeanT21(f): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2009
Why will " america, british and canada" kick nigerians abroad out because something goes wrong in Nigeria??
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by MrCrackles(m): 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
OneNaija:

Nigerians Abroad always fear and always raise the topic high when something goes wrong in that stupid country call Nigeria. e.g Millant have kidnap Foreign Oil workers such as an Americans, British, Canada.Then You will see those Guys and Girls who lives abroad will raise the Topic High. Are you Guys Afraid of America,Canada and British kicking you guys out of their Country or what?

Lackwit!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by debosky(m): 9:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
The reason is not fear - it's more out of lack of fear.

Nigerians have been desensitised to all these atrocities happening in Nigeria so they don't see it as a big deal. People living outside Nigeria know this isn't normal and cannot simply let it lie without at least commenting.

Believe me, if it's fear of being kicked out then no one will visit a Nigerian forum or risk being associated with Nigerians.  grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by ElRazur: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
Omo naija. Just because you understand what you are talking about, do not mean that others do. Please try and keep it simple, and take time to write out your post. smiley
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
Sharrap!!! You no know say Nigerians abroad are also expected to be MIND READERS !!  grin shio!!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by blacksta(m): 10:06pm On Jun 16, 2009
one Naija - have u been drinking that ghanaian dry gin - Please write clear english or may be write yoruba

please abeg
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by shotster50(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2009
He has been on that Apateshie diet. Charlie you are not being coherent at all.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by KnowAll(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2009
@poster

Getting the gist is what matters and we get your gist

Back to the theme of the thread, the thing is Nigeria is the wild, wild, west anything and everything goes. There is a tendency that if you live abroad for too long like most Nigerians in disapora the ways, manner, social and professional ethics of the host county impacts on your being. I will give you 2 examples.

1. Got to my mum house in Ibadan to stay with her for 10 days and sort out a few things in the house that was falling apart due to lack maintenance . There is a well behind the back of the house, so I suggested to my mum why dont we just buy a powerful pump to pump water into the tanks so running water will be in the house. She said that is a fantastic idea. I asked my  brother to find me a good plumber that knows his job, he got me this gentleman, I asked the guy, what do you need. He said he will have to buy a few pipes and the machine, and by the evening everything will be working. The machine cost about N45,000.00 at the time, the pipes about N15,000.0 and the guy got N10,000.00. If a pound changes for 250 to 1 that will be £300.00 in sterling. Anyways I went to lagos to do some runnings and on the eve of me flying back to london I went back to Ibadan to inspect the job done. To my susprise noting was working, the guy said the pumps was not strong enough to pump the water but he chose the pump, meanwhile he has already connected all the pipes to the pump and becos he has worked all day he wants his money. I said I cannot imagine spending £300.00 on my house in london and nothing will be done. I just concluded that day that I can see why this country is f**ked. Most artisans plumbers, mechanic, electrician are only doing tryer and error. I said if me an individual can throw £300 .00 down the drain,  u can imagine what the various goverments go through. So NL dont blame the govt all the time rather blame the people who collect money to do a job but now renegade.

2. Was dis-qualified for drink driving in london twice so basically I am very conscious of my alcohol intake now. 2 yaers ago I went to Naija on holiday, went to a joint to knock a few bottles. I took about 3 big guiness, I totally forgot that I was driving myself, but suddenly it occured to me that omo na Naija you dey, this is a jungle, there is no law in this place even policeman will help you open the doors to your car and even salute you on top of it.  What I am trying to highlight out here is most diasporas will have that initial fear and respect of authority which is something they are used to here,  but because Naija is so dis-organise that initial fear will disappear in no time as soon as your feet hit the ground in  Naija. Each time I go to Naija people in the uk will say take it easy over there becos of armed robbers, but when my feet hit the ground and I go out 3 times in the middle of the night and nothing happens there is the tendency I will and most people would throw caution into the winds.

Conclusion - People abroad I will say respect authority but it kind of dis-orientate their mind set when they are in Naija where ther is no fear or respect of authority.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by ElRazur: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2009
@ Knowall and co.

You see this is precisely the problem with writing in an unclear approach. I read his post the first time and just didn't know what he is talking about. If people write in unclear terms, then they should expect limited reply. This is evident in the number of replies to the thread. Majority appear not to understand what he is talking about!

I am not the type to be a grammar nazi, however it is worth making one's expression clear on a forum. Like I said before, it may make sense to him and a few may be able to decipher what he posted, but the majority wont. It then becomes a waste of time and effort. Something that could have been avoided, by taking more time to write out the body of his explanation/question/subject properly.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by SeanT21(f): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2009
ElRazur:

@ Knowall and co.

You see this is precisely the problem with writing in an unclear approach. I read his post the first time and just didn't know what he is talking about. If people write in unclear terms, then they should expect limited reply. This is evident in the number of replies to the thread. Majority appear not to understand what he is talking about!

I am not the type to be a grammar nazi, however it is worth making one's expression clear on a forum. Like I said before, it may make sense to him and a few may be able to decipher what he posted, but the majority wont. It then becomes a waste of time and effort. Something that could have been avoided, by taking more time to write out the body of his explanation/question/subject properly.

Its hard to understand word from word but I get the point he is trying to make though. Sometimes U just gotta read between the lines. wink
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by ElRazur: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2009
SeanT21:

Its hard to understand word from word but I get the point he is trying to make though. Sometimes U just gotta read between the lines. wink

I am more than happy to read in between the lines when logic is involved. lol. But come on, he could have done a better job in the first place. I am "partially just seeing" what he is on about after reading from others. However, I am not so sure if this is what he was asking due to the unclear post in the beginning.

Meh. My 2kobo jare.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Always Fear. by SeanT21(f): 8:43am On Jun 17, 2009
ElRazur:

I am more than happy to read in between the lines when logic is involved. lol. But come on, he could have done a better job in the first place. I am "partially just seeing" what he is on about after reading from others. However, I am not so sure if this is what he was asking due to the unclear post in the beginning.

Meh. My 2kobo jare.

Very true. He needs to come and explain his post better to get the response he wants.

(1) (Reply)

Should Yar’adua Be Invited To Nairaland? / Hardship Allowance / Clinton: Efcc Has ‘fallen Off’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.