Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) (630 Views)

China Donates N60 Million To Aisha Buhari’s Project / Angela Okorie Prostituted, Got $1.5m From Yahya Jammeh’s Alleged Stolen $11m / Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Militants In Borno School - Military Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) by braimeddy: 8:15pm On Jan 07, 2016

As part of efforts to defeat Boko Haram, the United States on Thursday donated 24 Mine-Resistant Armor-Protected vehicles valued at $11 million to the military.

The U.S. government donated the armored vehicles through the Excess Defense Articles Programme, according to a statement from the US embassy Information Office, adding that Nigeria is in the process of receiving an additional eight MRAPs valued at approximately $7.4 million.

It stated that the military arranged for transportation from the port to Lagos.

“These vehicles provide increased protection from improvised explosive devices, roadside bombs, and small arms fire, while offering more maneuverability and better fuel economy than other types of armoured personnel carriers,” the statement quoted the U.S. Defense Attaché to Nigeria, Col. Patrick Doyle, as saying.

The embassy said the Excess Defense Articles Programme was designed to transfer excess military equipment from the US to foreign governments or international organizations to help with modernization of partner nation military capabilities.

Through a similar programme, the U.S. Government said it  donated to the Nigerian Navy the NNS Okpabana in 2014 and NNS Thunder in 2012, stressing that the two ships had bolstered maritime security in Nigeria.

It read, “Today’s equipment donation represents part of the continuing U.S. commitment to Nigeria and its neighbours to counter Boko Haram’s senseless acts of terror and promote regional security.

“The United States provides advisors, intelligence, training, logistical support, and equipment to our African partners as they work to defeat Boko Haram.”

The US said it would continue working with its partners in the region to identify new opportunities to restore order in the Lake Chad Basin region.

Source : punchng.com

Cc : lalasticlala
Re: B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) by ETILA100(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
dasuki blike i gave obama $11M from the money...
Re: B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) by olaric(m): 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Looks like a Greek gift...

1 Like

Re: B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
I have to commandeer one for personal use.
Re: B’haram: US Donates $11m Armoured Carriers To Military(photos) by Lattop(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Na ow i wan take get one of dis gift wey dey dash us

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Of 2016.fraudstar Returns My Neighbour's Cash / What Would You Do If A Conductor Forgot To Ask For T/fare / Photos: Ghanaian Man Allegedly Commits Suicide Over His Unfaithful Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.