Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky (19613 Views)

Abubakar Malami Attends His Son's Graduation Ceremony In Cyprus. PICS / Buhari Queries Abubakar Malami For Failing To Recover N300bn In Nigerian Banks / Photos Of El-rufai With El-zakzaky In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by centvin008(m): 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
The Punch reports that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has demanded the release of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN).

Malami, according to a statement, asked the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs to formalise its request for the ‎release of the Shi’ites’ leader, who alongside some members of the group, have been in detention since December, 2015.

Sheik El-Zakzaky may regain his freedom soon.
This was after the group clashed with troops in the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, ‎in Zaria.

Salihu Isah, the AGF’s special adviser on media and publicity, in a statement on Thursday, informed that Malami gave the advice on how to press for the detainees’ release during a visit to him on Tuesday by a delegation of the supreme council to put together by its national president and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar.

“I will do whatever I can within the confines of the law to see how an amicable resolve can be achieved.

“So when your demands are formalised, I will treat and facilitate it to the appropriate quarters accordingly,” the AGF was quoted to have said.
“As Muslims, we know what is obtainable in Islam especially in the area of rights, individual rights, especially rights of way.

“As Muslims, we have a collective responsibility to create awareness through our preaching on tolerance and compliance according to the dictates of Islam,” Malami stated, adding that the clash between the Shi’ites and the Nigerian Army in Zaria was unfortunate and sad.

https://www.naij.com/689316-finally-attorney-general-demands-release-shiites-leader-el-zakzaky.html/?damilare&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_group=free

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Wizlove(m): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Fear of Iran grin.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by ojun50(m): 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
U better demand for the release of kanu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Wanice: 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kk
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
fear fear bubu
na only unarmed people he get mouth against
Iran threaten am, ma guy wan piss for body..hehehehe
By the way, EFCC never still go carry Tompolo? Abi one week never pass?? hehehe

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by dunkem21(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
I ran away grin

8 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Okanokan(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2016
Thank God! The International dimension of this crisis is beyond our immediate resolution because known international supporter of Nigeria were showing stand-offish aloofness to the crisis. Its a welcome development.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by asadike(f): 12:31am On Jan 08, 2016
now we are talking. D fear of iran and her nuclear weapon...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by tsdarkside(m): 1:23am On Jan 08, 2016
ojun50:

shvt up..biafrauud is not iran.....biafrauud has no power,only big mouth and hot air.... grin grin grin

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by tsdarkside(m): 1:25am On Jan 08, 2016
asadike:
now we are talking. D fear of iran and her nuclear weapon...

we are not afraid of iran...but it would be very unwise to make them to enemies,when we need allies against the west,our real enemies....

8 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by talktimi(m): 2:27am On Jan 08, 2016
I will be very very surprised if Zakzaky is still alive, positively so considering the carnage the Nigerian army wreaked on his people and property with countless souls dead.

Nigerian press should stop saying there was a clash. There was no clash only a cold blooded massacre against unarmed and helpless civilians

30 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 08, 2016
Q
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Vicadonis(m): 4:45am On Jan 08, 2016
Buhari won't still release him. The attorney general is only making noise that can't be heard

7 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Amberon: 5:24am On Jan 08, 2016
ok
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by coolzeal(m): 5:36am On Jan 08, 2016
tsdarkside:

we are not afraid of iran...but it would be very unwise to make them to enemies,when we need allies against the west,our real enemies....
Who are the we? Iran has problem with Northern Nigeria and not Nigeria.. So, they should deal with the North alone.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by MosquitoLaps(m): 6:06am On Jan 08, 2016
Okanokan:
Thank God! The International dimension of this crisis is beyond our immediate resolution because known international supporter of Nigeria were showing stand-offish aloofness to the crisis. Its a welcome development.
Nigeria is a sovereign state, and not held to the dictates of other states. Most definitely not a rogue state like Iran.
In this kind of situation, mediation is the best recourse to conflict resolution, NOT THREATS.

Going by that, however, even if he is not released (personally, I don't think he should be released. the dude's a danger to national security), Iran can do nothing.
The diplomatic standoff with the Saudis and the latest revelation on their flouting of the nuclear deal should keep them preoccupied.
El-Zakzaky is just one out of a thousand Shiite scholars.

God bless Naija-Area.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 08, 2016
Buhari wont release ds man... wat was blocking gadarffi's ears s blocking his own... I dont know why we human beings aee so full of ourselves wen we cant even save ourselves??
I hope ds man is free finally...

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by arewafederation: 6:19am On Jan 08, 2016
ojun50:

I 'd expected Kanu's Great Britain to demand the release of their citizen, like Iran did for Zakzaky but ....eyyah sad I think KANU has been abandoned... cry

13 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by ikaboy: 6:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Kanu is an abandoned project. Have u seen any respected Igbo personality speak on his behalf. The zoo will consume him.

8 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by vedaxcool(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

Nigeria is a sovereign state, and not held to the dictates of other states. Most definitely not a rogue state like Iran.
In this kind of situation, mediation is the best recourse to conflict resolution, NOT THREATS.

Going by that, however, even if he is not released (personally, I don't think he should be released. the dude's a danger to national security), Iran can do nothing.
The diplomatic standoff with the Saudis and the latest revelation on their flouting of the nuclear deal should keep them preoccupied.
El-Zakzaky is just one out of a thousand Shiite scholars.

God bless Naija-Area.

Most wailers are descendant from the same clueless and cowardly subspecies. Why will any country accept dictation from a foreign element?

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by MosquitoLaps(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2016
vedaxcool:

Most wailers are descendant from the same clueless and cowardly subspecies. Why will any country accept dictation from a foreign element?
Well, you can hardly blame them.
The fella I quoted doesn't seem to have a domestic political leaning.
I just had to correct him, as a student of International politics.

All the same, how are you Sir?

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by lielbree: 9:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Buhari is not just a tyrant but also a terrorist!

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by saintkel(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2016
Y them no go release am, na northerner nw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Smartsyn(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Getting interesting
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2016
Boko Haram: 3032 Pardoned Soldiers Refuse Redeployment
Soonest Nathaniel 2 hours ago 62137

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Send email
Thousands of soldiers who were pardoned last August for various alleged offences during campaigns against the Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram, have rejected redeployment to the battle fronts in the northeast.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Some court marshalled soldiers
Some of the soldiers who rejected redeployment
The soldiers totaling about 3032 soldiers, explained that they were never really pardoned and re-integrated into the Army, but rather, re-sentenced to the war front.

READ ALSO: Zaria Bloodbath: Fresh Controversy Arises (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

Vanguard reports that this created anxiety at the command and staff college, Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI), in Jaji, Kaduna state.

The soldiers who claimed to have been subjected to unimaginable ill treatment after their pardon – were gathered by the commandant of NASI, Major General Kassim Aldulkareem, to inform them that they have been assigned new riffles and should be ready for deployment to the fronts on Monday, January 11, 2016.

Sources inform that the soldiers complained that they have not been fully re-instated into the Nigerian Army, because attempts by them to report to their units were rejected at their bases since they have no re-instatement letters.

The soldiers also said that since they have been kicked out of the barracks they have not been paid for seven months making their families who live off-barracks begging for food.

Witnesses said they cried, “We are not going! Give us re-instatement letters! You are sentencing us back to war,” among others.

According to sources, the commandant hurriedly left when the soldiers were becoming uncontrollable.

One of the soldiers who spoke to some newsmen on grounds of anonymity, said: “Look at me; I have put in about 28 years of my life serving this country. I have seen action in Liberia; I have been to Rwanda, Sudan and even served overseas and we the Nigerian troops did very well and were decorated in some occasions.

“But, our experience in fighting to save our motherland is too sad a story for the outside world to know. We are not cowards. We held on for over four months facing Boko Haram.

“I just want to say that after the Army dismissed about 5,000 of us, 3032 of us were pardoned last August. Since that time, the Army Authority has treated us like prisoners of wars.”
“We were told to assemble in Jaji on August 17, which we did. Then on August 19, the General Officer Commander (GOC), of 1st Infantry Division, Maj Gen Adeniyi Oyebade gathered us and without prior noticed moved us to Nigerian Army training Centre (NATRAC), Kontogora. Some of us found ourselves there in bathroom slippers. We were just taken straight to the place. Then, without any additional clothes or uniform, we were subjected to what was clear punishment, not training for another three weeks.

“Still in the clothes we came, we were again relocated to 333 artillery Barracks, Njetilo, Maiduguri. We got nothing but constant insults as cowards. We were there without uniforms no arms. They just left us there and we were abused and told to assemble at every two hours through these days for another three weeks.

“In Jaji, we went through another round of punishment, not training. Yet, we were not given any letter to show that we are still serving soldiers.

READ ALSO: Why We Won’t Apologize For Zaria Clashes – Nigerian Army

“So when the Commandant came and said we were going back to the North East, without clearing our status, we felt we have been punished enough.” the soldier said.

Spokesman for the Nigerian Infantry Corps, Major CK Abaide, told pressmen on phone that he was not aware of the development. He said he would get back to the correspondents to share the army’s side of the story.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian army on Wednesday, January 6, said that implementing the Treasury Single Account (TSA) by the federal government was reason for the delay in payment of allowances to some of its officers.

NAIJ.COM HOME PAGE
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2016
G
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by FagsamPHP(m): 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
k
Re: Abubakar Malami Demands Release Of El-zakzaky by dustydee: 9:42am On Jan 08, 2016
centvin008:
The Punch reports that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has demanded the release of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN).
Malami, according to a statement, asked the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs to formalise its request for the ‎release of the Shi’ites’ leader, who alongside some members of the group, have been in detention since December, 2015.
Sheik El-Zakzaky may regain his freedom soon.
This was after the group clashed with troops in the convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, ‎in Zaria.
Salihu Isah, the AGF’s special adviser on media and publicity, in a statement on Thursday, informed that Malami gave the advice on how to press for the detainees’ release during a visit to him on Tuesday by a delegation of the supreme council to put together by its national president and the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar.

I will do whatever I can within the confines of the law to see how an amicable resolve can be achieved.
So when your demands are formalised, I will treat and facilitate it to the appropriate quarters accordingly,” the AGF was quoted to have said.
“As Muslims, we know what is obtainable in Islam especially in the area of rights, individual rights, especially rights of way.
“As Muslims, we have a collective responsibility to create awareness through our preaching on tolerance and compliance according to the dictates of Islam,” Malami stated, adding that the clash between the Shi’ites and the Nigerian Army in Zaria was unfortunate and sad.
https://www.naij.com/689316-finally-attorney-general-demands-release-shiites-leader-el-zakzaky.html/?damilare&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_group=free
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Where in this article did the attorney general demand the release of Zakzaky? Instead he asked the Islamic leaders to make a formal demand and he will look into it. Junk journalism everywhere.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Justice Ademola, Wife Collected N597m Bribe - FG / NJC Places 3 Justices On Watch List / Speaker: PDP Reps Reject Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.