Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,708 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. (1310 Views)

My Experience With HIV Testing Today. / GUARANTEE SOLUTION FOR HIV/AIDS AND HEPATITIS. / Check Out Who Created Hiv Aids And Why He Did So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by PigMeat: 11:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
I got admission into benue state polytechnic last year 2014 to study mechanical engineering and reside off campus. After my first semister I got home for the semister vaccation, at the course of my staying at home I got my self engaged in some tudious domestic activities. I started by helping my aunty who was planning to build a house arrange some of the blocks that were moulded, it was not easy because I am not used to the job, but I managed to arrange them, after that I went ahead to help my friends mum-who is into palm-oil business to move some gallons of oil to the packing store, I combined all this series of hard works, as a result of that I started developing head-ache, pains and tiredness, I felt it was a minor ill-ness as usual, cause I don't fall sick naturally, I went and bought procold, after taking the procold that night the head-ache became severe that I woke up to take another paracetamol before I could sleep. The ill-ness persisted till I went to school for the commencement of the second semister, all through the semister I was treating malaria and typhoid fever to no avail....I felt I should go for another test, which I went and it showed malaria and typhoid positive. I started treating malaria and typhoid again, I treated them till the sceond semister vaccation they were not gone. I went to another hospital again in ugbokolo, benue state.....this time the lady there asked her colleague to carry out hiv/aids test on me. She was like "do am rvs, do am hiv test". Ah! "Hiv test?" So I shouted. And she said yes. They was nothing I could do, I admitted but the fear wasn't here. She took my blood via syringe and went into the lab while I waited for her outside to conduct the test....the 15mins of her stay inside the lab was like centuries to me, I was so scared, I put on my ear-phone and started listening to music, and it didn't even help out cause my heart was not in tune with the music. Finally the nurse came out with the result, I started sweating and she came close to me and left me immidiately and entered into the office, she went with the result and submitted it to the senior nurse "this one that she took the result inside, am i my safe?" so I asked myself. Then the senior nurse called me inside which I went, she started series of stories as if she was trying to console me, and she said u don't have malaria but the hiv was................so she prolonged it, I started shivering, after then she said negative....ah "I screamed thank you Jesus " in my heart. I have not been doing the f**king around stuff but as human the fear will always be there. I later returned home to cross river state.....and the symptons persisted still, which my mum asked me to go and run test to commence treatment and I refused and showed her the result of the previous one I ran....the nurse in charge insisted to run her own test, you know in cross river stae, if u have little ill-ness and visit any hospital around they must run u free hiv/aids test. Mine wasn't only hiv/aids, the nurse suggested hepatitis B test aswell. This one got me so bad, she took my blood and put in one "beaker" which she told me that originally she should have left it in the syringe for it to settle but it will take time, so she is using the beaker to hasten it. I waited for over an hour my blood has not settled yet, people that I came before have all ran theirs and left, and the nurse started complaining that it is strange to her, that my blood have not settled ever since then. She asked me to go home and come back. Which I did....while I was at home I could not eat because I was scared of the test and my blood not settling on time was another bigger fear to me. I went back in 2hrs time and it has not settled yet....I waited there until it finally settled. The nurse commenced the test, I was with her althrough, this time I was judging my faith by the nurse's facial expression. She conducted that of malaria(which was now negative), she conducted that of typhoid(which was still very high). I thought all were done, probably she will forget that of hepatitis B. She did not forget, she said "e remain for hepatitis" I screamed "gush! Nurse leave that test I no get am" she insisted she run it to clear all doubts. All my balls went inside my tummy. She brought out the strip and dropped my blood on it....after some minutes she went to check the out-come............at the course she told me "I will like you to attend one of our church programme" I almost fainted because I thought my case may have been medically irredeemeable, which she is now suggesting I follow her to church for Gods intervention. I asked her why is she inviting me for the programme? As we were chatting like friends. She said she felt like doing so. I was still in deep fear...after every thing she came with the strip and frightenly showed "see am, the result na negative" the way she came with it almost sunk me, until I heard the negative before I felt some relief. That was how I got to know my hiv/aids And hepatitis statue. It is not an easy decision to make...but it is good to take it and free your mind.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by Meeloreh(f): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tension no go kill person for waiting room. I feel your pain bro buh it's over

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
Bro you hungry
Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by Ginaz(f): 12:16am On Jan 08, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by herboshedhe(f): 12:28am On Jan 08, 2016
I no fit laf abeg

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by PigMeat: 5:39am On Jan 08, 2016
Meeloreh:
Tension no go kill person for waiting room. I feel your pain bro buh it's over
Bros the tension long no be here. I think waiting room is the hottest sit ever.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by PigMeat: 5:48am On Jan 08, 2016
Asapcymg:
Bro you hungry
Ok
Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2016
I wish I cld summon courage
Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by PigMeat: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
I wish I cld summon courage
U need to bro. It is not easy, but one have to man up and do it.
Re: My Experience At Hiv/aids And Hepatitis B Test Center. by effico(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
How about the cause of the illness

(1) (Reply)

Help! Reoccuring Swollen Lips (allergy) Pics / Help!....what Can I Do To Cure Anxiety Disorder?..please Help Me! / Over 70,000 Humans Stranded At Sea Due To COVID-19 (No Food, No Internet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.