Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! (36111 Views)

Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt / Recipe: How To Prepare Obe 'ila Alasepo'; Okra Soup / A Nairalander Cooking Okra Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by dabosuker(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
teach me , just teach me Op smiley
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
badonkadonk:

Would you mind giving me a personal (live) lesson on how you prepare yours?
recipe

okra
pumpkin/ugu leave
onions
freshpepper
knorr
palmoil
crayfish
kpomo/biscuit bone
driedfish

how to prepare
cut the okra and set aside
wash the meat and cook till tender
then add the cleaned fish,grinded crayfish,knorr,freshpepper,onion
then allow it to cook till the water reduces
then add my okra and oil to be cooked again for some time
then add the pumpkin and salt
prep the ingredients and set aside
cook the washed meat till tender
set aside
put oil on fire
onoin crayfish to fry a little
add the okra
then the meat and the stock
then add knorr,dried fish freshpepper,
allow to cook then add the pumpkin and salt.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by badonkadonk: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
recipe
okra pumpkin/ugu leave onions freshpepper knorr palmoil crayfish kpomo/biscuit bone driedfish
how to prepare cut the okra and set aside wash the meat and cook till tender then add the cleaned fish,grinded crayfish,knorr,freshpepper,onion then allow it to cook till the water reduces then add my okra and oil to be cooked again for some time then add the pumpkin and salt 2 prep the ingredients and set aside cook the washed meat till tender set aside put oil on fire onoin crayfish to fry a little add the okra then the meat and the stock then add knorr,dried fish freshpepper, allow to cook then add the pumpkin and salt.
So the only difference na boil the okra skin till it's soft..
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
badonkadonk:

So the only difference na boil the okra skin till it's soft..
u don see am
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Barezzi(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
kennygee:
Yummy.

Okra soup is something you can cook in different ways and its my best soup to cook till date.
Beautiful!!
My favorite soup...
i can sell my birthright for a taste of these angry tongue
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
unite4real:
Imagine replacing that turkey with dog meat.

Nice!!! grin
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by badonkadonk: 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
u don see am
Buh why didn't u say so at the beginning.. Madam u do ojoro small sha..
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
badonkadonk:

Buh why didn't u say so at the beginning.. Madam u do ojoro small sha..
how na
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by cardoctor(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Recipe for okra that can be cooked in a million ways. What next?
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by killsmith(f): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
unite4real:
Imagine replacing that turkey with dog meat.
imagine.... eating mans best friend/companion....no offense but if you can eat a dog then you can eat humans as well....
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
All thee EWEDU-EATERS will never learn.
I weep 4 dem
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by badonkadonk: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
how na
U give me hope wey no dey..
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
badonkadonk:

U give me hope wey no dey..
don't understand
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by badonkadonk: 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
don't understand

I think say u go cook d okra the way u talk say u like am, make i taste.... Buh u break my hope!
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
badonkadonk:

I think say u go cook d okra the way u talk say u like am, make i taste.... Buh u break my hope!
eye don't worry when e hungry me I go cook am
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by badonkadonk: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
fabulousvera:
eye don't worry when e hungry me I go cook am

How i go cum see am taste..?

Abeg no cook am with fish o.. Not a fish lover. Pity me cook am with beef meat make everything settle..

No worry I go provide the fresh palmwine wey we go use wash am down..
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by HERROYALFINEST: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2016
Nutmmeg for okro soup? I think I will pass, nice jop anyway@ Op
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 11, 2016
scarletpearl:

my love for cooking allows me experiment any meal, add or subtract, some people believe fresh fish(frozen) is best vegetable okra soup,well I say variety is the spice of life,I have prepared both, can't decide which is sweeter though. smiley

ingredients for turkey okra soup
-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-dry grinded pepper (preferably Cameron pepper,nice scent)
-seasoning
-locust bean (if desired)

method of cooking
wash and grate okra using a grater( I use knife and a chopping board or knife only)
wash,put turkey and dry fish in a pot add salt,onion,curry thyme,Maggi (grate nut meg if u wish,love the smell)
add the dry grinded pepper
allow it to cook for about10mins add palm and cover till the turkey is cooked
add grinded crayfish and locust beans
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave
allow it to boil for 2 min and its ready.

NB:make sure the quantity of water is not so much, better the soup is thick than to be too watery,you can always add water if its too thick
*the hardness of the cow skin determines the time you would add it. if soft,add it late but if hard, add it to turkey immediately
*same methods with chicken, beef, fresh fish etc
I allow my okro cook for at least 15 minutes. Your 2 minutes raw okro no be am. Nutmeg and curry in okro is also gross angry
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by ikanason(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2016
love this
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by sparkleice(f): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2016
[quhote author=OLUJOSHINS post=41847607]

Akwa Ibomite, stop beefing. The soup looks good[/quote]hmmmmmm.I rest my case.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by onyeomanono24(f): 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thyme and Curry are not too good for preparing okro soup, though different people have different way of preparing the soup shaa.
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by fabulousvera(f): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
badonkadonk:

How i go cum see am taste..?

Abeg no cook am with fish o.. Not a fish lover. Pity me cook am with beef meat make everything settle..

No worry I go provide the fresh palmwine wey we go use wash am down..
lol abi
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by poshestmina(f): 2:58am On Jan 23, 2016
Thyme, curry and nutmeg in Okro soup? shocked shocked shocked
That should be the Chinese version
Tamuno!!
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by millhouse: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nice
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by ewa26: 6:19am On Jun 15, 2017
poshestmina:
Thyme, curry and nutmeg in Okro soup? shocked shocked shocked
That should be the Chinese version
Tamuno!!
wat is u or anybody problem if she prefer to put nutmeg in okro soup!!! do they eat curry in China see as u be over sabi and criticising other people food!!! angry angry hehehe, your plan to nullify and abuse people will never work lai lai IJN!!! cheesy

anuofia mulanu!!
Re: Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! by ewa26: 6:20am On Jun 15, 2017
scarletpearl:

my love for cooking allows me experiment any meal, add or subtract, some people believe fresh fish(frozen) is best vegetable okra soup,well I say variety is the spice of life,I have prepared both, can't decide which is sweeter though. smiley

ingredients for turkey okra soup
-okra
-turkey
-dry fish
-cow skin(ponmo)
-cray fish
-pumpkin leave(ugu)
-palm oil
-dry grinded pepper (preferably Cameron pepper,nice scent)
-seasoning
-locust bean (if desired)

method of cooking
wash and grate okra using a grater( I use knife and a chopping board or knife only)
wash,put turkey and dry fish in a pot add salt,onion,curry thyme,Maggi (grate nut meg if u wish,love the smell)
add the dry grinded pepper
allow it to cook for about10mins add palm and cover till the turkey is cooked
add grinded crayfish and locust beans
add cow skin
add okra
add pumpkin leave
allow it to boil for 2 min and its ready.

NB:make sure the quantity of water is not so much, better the soup is thick than to be too watery,you can always add water if its too thick
*the hardness of the cow skin determines the time you would add it. if soft,add it late but if hard, add it to turkey immediately
*same methods with chicken, beef, fresh fish etc

aww lovely work ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos) / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo) / Man Kills Monkey Ahead Of Christmas Tomorrow, Gets Blasted Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.