Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School (41397 Views)

Korede Bello's Distinction Results: Fans React (Screenshots) / Korede Bello's , Lecturer Threatens To Resign If He Writes Exams / Korede Bello’s Lecturer Threatens To Resign If He Writes Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by ojnnaco(m): 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
This is a Gbam Gbam story .... na en be say the lecturers don already resign finish
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by phobia2002: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sakara
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by ronaldbecky(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sheikwonder:
Hunger will just kill that lecturer for nothing.....

Although it may be the school's requirement to attend lectures before writing exams, you have to bear in mind the peculiarity of this case.

When Natalie Portman was taking psychology as a course while also acting, she had to skip classes due to her tough schedule, but she also made sacrifices by missing movie premieres to write exams. In the end she won an Oscar for the movie Black Swan, and still got her PhD in Psychology.

She remains grateful to her institution for the support given to her, and the institution in turn are reaping the benefits due to the prestige her success gives to them.
They realize that her success is by extension their own success.
So this Mr Lecturer should take a chill pill because in the grand scheme of things, he will be the loser!
mr man,that is america 4 u
here na naija...if u av dat kind of opportunities here in naija.u skip it for class abi..egbon,if u nid the xams,cum and write it
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by yaskarahyelhope(f): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
wwhitewitch:
hmmm so if ure a musician or a celeb with a busy schedule that gives u money, u will forgo them and go sit in classroom bcaus you want result huh? d lecturers are just looking 4 money, dats all.

Then Y not wait till wen U are through with been a musician, then U can come back and re-enrol? Na for Naija this nonsense dey happen sha. U be wetin for oyibo land and U wan go school, U go drop d celeb thing and focus on ya school. Y cant he go for open University? Many Students who can be available for lectures wants such opportunity. He should focus on music and get d hell out of d school period. I SUPPORT HE SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO WRITE EXAMS. Carry over no dey kill. And to hell with his money

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by emmydollars4life(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]Oga lecturer, no let hunger strike you o. He de try claim say he de righteous, let him see money, na him go write the exam for Korede [/size]
Very soon Don jazzy go meet the lecturer and whole issue will be like, egbon lecturer if u want the degree Come and collect it.
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by hotdi(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Is he in secondary school where they take class attendance?
End time lecturer. grin
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
hotdi:
Is he in secondary school where they take class attendance?
End time lecturer. grin

Most Nigerian universities have an attendance requirement of 75%

Likewise....if you are attending a university abroad...not only is there an attendance requirement for foreign students, but in countries like the UK, a school could lose its accreditation to take in foreign students if it does not ensure that the students are not attending classes.

I did a course in the UK. From time to time, an attendance register was passed around for foreign students (It was not everyday by the way). If it was determined you were not attending classes....you got thrown out, and you lost your visa.

Don't justify wrong action because the subject is a celeb. The fact that people do not follow the rules in this country is one reason why Nigeria is where it is.

And anyway...is it fair to the students who attend classes 70% of the time to write exams with someone who only came 10%. Additionally....would it be easy for Mr Bello to pass his exams with limited knowledge of the coursework?

Think, Nigerians, think!
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by hotdi(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kikero112:

Most Nigerian universities have an attendance requirement of 75%

Likewise....if you are attending a university abroad...not only is there an attendance requirement for foreign students, but in countries like the UK, a school could lose its accreditation to take in foreign students if it does not ensure that the students are not attending classes.

I did a course in the UK. From time to time, an attendance register was passed around for foreign students (It was not everyday by the way). If it was determined you were not attending classes....you got thrown out, and you lost your visa.

Don't justify wrong action because the subject is a celeb. The fact that people do not follow the rules in this country is one reason why Nigeria is where it is.

And anyway...is it fair to the students who attend classes 70% of the time to write exams with someone who only came 10%. Additionally....would it be easy for Mr Bello to pass his exams with limited knowledge of the coursework?

Think, Nigerians, think!

Private lectures/reading do exist.
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by holyfather(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
wwhitewitch:
hmmm so if ure a musician or a celeb with a busy schedule that gives u money, u will forgo them and go sit in classroom bcaus you want result huh? d lecturers are just looking 4 money, dats all.

Then he should drop the schooling till he's ready for it.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2016
hotdi:

Private lectures/reading do exist.

Then by all means....let him go to/transfer to/enrol in a university that can accommodate those private lecturer/reading.

So long as he is in that university, and has taken the Matriculation oath...he has to obey the university rules and regulations.
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by donbabajeff(m): 5:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
Tertiary Educations birth right has been sold to #SORTING
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by jojoki: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
I think he should just port to NOUN. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by solesy: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2016
coolhamid:
I don't know why some people think they can kill two birds with a single stone, if you know you want to have a degree then place your music career on hold for some time till you obtain the degree.
Some feats can be achieved simultaneously. I tried it once when i was in UNN, like trying to combine football with academics.

The end result wasn't funny.
true talk thank u for the comment
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by MENTORCH(m): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
The school doesn't have name?

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by ogkrakkid(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
wwhitewitch:
HE SHLD FACE THE INDUSTRY....THE SAME THING WAS HAPPENIN TO ONE OF THE BRACKET GUYZ..U CANT CAPTAIN 2 SHIP..."HONESTLY"
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by eyinjuege: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sheikwonder:
Hunger will just kill that lecturer for nothing.....

Although it may be the school's requirement to attend lectures before writing exams, you have to bear in mind the peculiarity of this case.

When Natalie Portman was taking psychology as a course while also acting, she had to skip classes due to her tough schedule, but she also made sacrifices by missing movie premieres to write exams. In the end she won an Oscar for the movie Black Swan, and still got her PhD in Psychology.

She remains grateful to her institution for the support given to her, and the institution in turn are reaping the benefits due to the prestige her success gives to them.
They realize that her success is by extension their own success.
So this Mr Lecturer should take a chill pill because in the grand scheme of things, he will be the loser!

I doubt it very much if PhD degrees require you being in class a lot. I think you're probably gonna be more on the "field"

First degrees however are a different ball game. Even Masters degrees require some level of attendance. I doubt if Natalie Portman just disappeared from class like that. If she were to miss a class, or a deadline for a thesis or assignment, she would have gone through the appropriate authority/supervisors to intimate them, and get a consensus.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by magicfingers009: 7:41am On Jan 09, 2016
A lot of clowns are commenting without asking for the name of the school. Such story would be hard to digest if we can verify the story ourselves
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by Sheikwonder(m): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2016
eyinjuege:

I doubt it very much if PhD degrees require you being in class a lot. I think you're probably gonna be more on the "field"

First degrees however are a different ball game. Even Masters degrees require some level of attendance. I doubt if Natalie Portman just disappeared from class like that. If she were to miss a class, or a deadline for a thesis or assignment, she would have gone through the appropriate authority/supervisors to intimate them, and get a consensus.

Please see her Wikipedia page....
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by TheAdvocate(m): 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
wwhitewitch:

They can attend online schools or National Open University. Obasanjo attended the Open University even with his tight schedule as a sitting president then.
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by hotdi(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
Kikero112:

Then by all means....let him go to/transfer to/enrol in a university that can accommodate those private lecturer/reading.

So long as he is in that university, and has taken the Matriculation oath...he has to obey the university rules and regulations.

I can see u are an Alumni of the school grin
Re: Korede Bello's Lecturer Threatens To Resign Over Absence From School by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
hotdi:

I can see u are an Alumni of the school grin

I am not, sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HILARIOUS Conversation Between Nigerian Mum & Daughter Over Viral Blue Dress / Cute Photo Of Omotola And Her Daughter, Meraiah / Comedian Funnybone And Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.