Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story) (1032 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Glass Of Riches (short Romance Story) by tomilolacoco: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2016
Studies have shown that that two per cent of the global population earns gargantuan income while the remaining ninety-eight per cent are poor… The two per cent shares fifty per cent of the world’s wealth, while the remaining ninety-eight per cent shared the remaining fifty per cent…

The boy stared into the darkness that engulfed him. His father; a man of thirty-five year old looked at him with curiosity as the boy’s mother lit the room with a candle. The boy didn’t move even as his father moved towards his position. His father touched him on his shoulder, then he knelt down, letting his knees touch that of the boy who was seated on a small chair not more than one foot in height.

“I know you are sad that we didn’t buy you anything for your birthday.” His father said. “But then, I have a surprise for you.”

The boy’s face lit up, “What is it?” he asked, “A bicycle?”

The man got red in his face. The boy didn’t see it though. The darkness covered all facial expression. He contained his anger, restricting it only to his face. His voice even sounded much calmer than it was. He touched the boy’s cheeks with his palms.

“You know I can’t afford that. Bear with what we give you. Things cannot be the same forever. One day, I will be able to buy you a car, a house and even an aeroplane.” He looked unto the ceiling which begged for replacement. He stretched his right index finger up towards it. “My God, I know you would never leave me, never.”

The boy looked still, not understanding his father. Moments like this weren’t rare in occurrence. He knew what would happen next, so he stood up and moved to unroll the raffia mat which he usually sleeps on. He then dropped on it, and slowly waited for sleep to take over.

The afternoon was hot. I mean real hot......CONTINUE READING HERE:- http://proudlynations.com.ng/2016/01/a-glass-of-riches/

(1) (Reply)

Leonardo Da Vinci Code / Prayers From Mums Who Feed Their Children My Foods Is The Most Fulfilling Part O / Death After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.