Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Who Is A Good Woman? – AFOLABI OLUWATOBI - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is A Good Woman? – AFOLABI OLUWATOBI (573 Views)

The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi / Story: Life Of Afolabi / Interesting Short Stories Written By Shola Afolabi (k.mac) A.k.a Kingademos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Good Woman? – AFOLABI OLUWATOBI by RothmasPop: 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/01/06/who-is-a-good-woman-afolabi-oluwatobi/

The other day I was listening to the radio and the presenter put a question forward to her listeners. She asked the question: “who or what is a good woman”? Of course people called in to give their opinions. And so people started calling in, mostly male. And I was horrified by the answers most of them gave.
Some said a good woman is one who knows how to take care of the home, while some maintained that a good woman is one who knows how to cook well and one who is also good in bed. One even said a good woman is a COMPLETE woman. As per, she knows how to dress well, she knows how to cook, she knows how to socialize, and she knows how to take care of her home and her family. Of course being able to do that is great and all but is that it? I think the OAP was just as horrified as I was but of course, she couldn’t voice out her qualms about it.
So I realized that most person’s (especially men) idea of a good woman doesn’t have much to do with her moral standards or her character. Okay so I know that’s not fair, because,of course it wasn’t the whole world that called to give their opinions, but anyway, I’m I right in assuming that according to those people, a woman could be rude to your family, sleep with your friends and co workers, be unhygienic but as long as she can cook, or she’s good in bed or can dress well, she’s a good woman. Well, in my own opinion,a good woman is morally upright, hardworking, and a woman who knows she’s not perfect, but is working hard at being a better person everyday, she handles difficult situations with grace and efficiency, looks have nothing to do with it but it does help if she’s not too bad on the eyes. Anyway, looks will fade, a good body will grow old; but a good woman, will always be a good woman.
So I put it to you, what’s your idea of a good woman?

http://penastory.com/2016/01/06/who-is-a-good-woman-afolabi-oluwatobi/

Re: Who Is A Good Woman? – AFOLABI OLUWATOBI by Queenxstar(f): 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
A good woman is a virtuous woman.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About You / Book Review- A Few Seconds Of Panic........by Stefan Fatsis. / Vendetta Episode 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.