Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion (1500 Views)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by AbuadStudent(m): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2016

Many Nigerians are screaming the word…BROKE. But not Femi Otedola!

The billionaire who is Chairman of Forte Oil made so much money last year while many others were losing money. He earned so much that it has landed him on the Number 1 spot as Africa’s highest gaining billionaire in 2015.

According to Forbes, more African billionaires saw a drop in their net worth in 2015 but Femi Otedola’s fortunes rose by a whopping 75% by the end of 2015. He went from earning $778 million in 2014 to $1.81 billion in 2015.

Please don’t bother converting to Naira….your calculator might explode!

According to Ventures Africa, only 5 of the 21 African billionaires grew richer between 2014 and 2015. Apart from Otedola who was the highest gaining the others on the list are:

Mohammed Dewji (Tanzania)

Christofell Wiese (South Africa)

Isabel Dos Santos (Angola)

Issad Rebrab (Algeria)

1 Like

Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by yanabasee(m): 12:49am On Jan 09, 2016
Wow... I'm grateful he made it thus far....
Oluwa, bless my hustle.
Maga must pay, come 2016...
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by itstpia8: 12:52am On Jan 09, 2016
hate4u or what was the name again?

this thread is for you no doubt.
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by cold(m): 12:59am On Jan 09, 2016
Happy for him. Although it's difficult to say this with a straight face knowing how these guys cut corners and indulge in a lot of shady deals. Besides,i've never heard of any philantropic gesture of his. I may be wrong though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 09, 2016
yanabasee:
Wow... I'm grateful he made it thus far....

Oluwa, bless my hustle.

Maga must pay, come 2016...

You're grateful for what exactly? This asshole is 1 of the subsidy thieves holding the Country to ransom while hoarding the fuel & making Nigerians suffer, and you're grateful he made it ?

If Oluwa blesses your hustle, he's a bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by yanabasee(m): 1:24am On Jan 09, 2016
Zoharariel:

You're grateful for what exactly? This asshole is 1 of the subsidy thieves holding the Country to ransom while hoarding the fuel & making Nigerians suffer, and you're grateful he made it ?

If Oluwa blesses your hustle, he's a bastard!

How exactly do you know he took side on the subsidy theft? The subsidy was entirely under NNPC except now that it's removed. And NNPC isn't Forte oil... Bros, you've gotta be grateful over ppl's achievement... And wish them well.

If you were in his position you'd done worst things... And don't even claim you're a saint here coz u're not close to being good.

Oluwa isn't a bastard and he'll bless my hustle this here... Wait and see!

1 Like

Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by Bekwarra(m): 1:42am On Jan 09, 2016
Nice one
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by Yhinkss(m): 1:49am On Jan 09, 2016
He got the money for himself and he no dey share. Abeg na to find my own DASUKI this year
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by AbuadStudent(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2016
cold:
Happy for him. Although it's difficult to say this with a straight face knowing how these guys cut corners and indulge in a lot of shady deals. Besides,i've never heard of any philantropic gesture of his. I may be wrong though.

I don't think he's shady o
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by kokoA(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2016
brirold1:
We are there already....
WE? You and who?
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by Amberon: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2016
cool
Re: Why Femi Otedola Is Africa’s Highest Gaining Billionaire With $1.81 Billion by Demmocrats(m): 9:57am On Jan 09, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray-bruce The Twitter Titan Senator Finally Makes Common Sense! / Seun New Member Enquiring About Sponsored Post On Home Page / President Buhari Orders Heightened Military Presence In Restive Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.