Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Preparing For The Austere Economic Times As A Salary Earner By Chizzy Benjamin - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Preparing For The Austere Economic Times As A Salary Earner By Chizzy Benjamin (899 Views)

Job in canada, with a salary of $230/day and $7,000/month.. APPLY NOW / You Can Get Funds If You Are A Salary Earner To Purchase A Farm Land..... / Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For The Austere Economic Times As A Salary Earner By Chizzy Benjamin by Gadgetmobil(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2016
We all heard what happened in Visafone, but any of those employees could have been you.
A little introduction, Am first a Pastor, then a Banker and also a Business Tycoon (I have been saying the latter part even when I didn't have a shop)
I study the economy of our Nation and those around before I look for a business to invest in.
The Sudden Increase In dollars late last year almost toppled one of my business lines as my Goods from China worth close to a million was almost deserted by me as the monies to clear shot up so high that I almost couldn't afford to clear them due to the Dollar differentials.
We all are seeing what is going on in Nigeria hence Importing From China or any other country for trading should be left for later as pple would be more concerned in eating this year than in any other frivolity.
I have decided to patronize made in Nigeria Goods for sales going forward and wonderfully enough there are some of good quality if you patiently Seek them out.

This brings me back to our discussion, WHY SHOULD I HAVE ANOTHER MEANS OF INCOME?
Well the Visafone saga should clear your eyes, whoever taught Jim Ovia biz can ever crash, so don't build your Future on another Man's dream.

HOW THEN CAN I HAVE A MULTIPLE MEANS OF INCOME?
The first step of having multiple stream of income is by cultuvating a good savings habit.
If you can take a taxi that would cost you less than N100 to work, why drive your V6 engine car that would cost you 5000 every week to commute the same route, If you take that taxi you'd have saved 4500 in a week and a whooping 18k monthly.
Also a rule of Thumb says save min of 10-20% of your salary monthly
Your upfront allowances also are not for buying new cars or for moving into a more expensive Estate, Its for investing.
Also our Generation want to be quickly seen as successful thus pple are moved to buy cars, build houses, do expensive weddings etc.
The key to Self appreciation in Life is to understand that everyone has his Race to run, learn to live Content with what you have and live within your budgeted means.
You can still do all these things but allow your business and investment to do it for you.
To be truly successful you must learn to endure. It's only for a little while, may be Years, you'd be the one smiling in years to come.
Look at those Igbo Boys, have you ever asked yourself why they are so successful, the above is their secret to life. Coscharis, Ibeto, Innoson even Dangote towed that line.
What then Should I invest in?
2 things
1. Your Hobby
2. A learned Business
Always have a Plan B for your Plan B. Though 1 at a time.
The first is always the easiest as you need to find out what you like doing, perfect it by learning more and then start little.
For the Latter, I always advise pple to learn a Trade that they are going into as every Trade has its secret and Cycle.
Don't assume its a common knowledge, as Common Sense is not even common nowadays.
Find a Trade you want to invest in, walk up to a friend or someone already in it, arrange to learn under him /her.
Close early and see if you can help them pack, work your weekends with them, also some of your leave. Dont leave until you are satisfied you have learnt enough. Thank me later for this approach, apprenticeship saves you from making common Trade mistakes that could cost you millions.
Even Dangote served Dantata.

Some Businesses you could invest in as a salary earner includes but not limited to :
1. Agriculture and Agric Business
2. Tailoring and Fashion Designs
3. Dealership and Distributorship.
4. Catering and Interior Design
The above are recommended businesses for salary earners as they wouldnt need most of your time.
Agriculture would always top the list, that same farming that everyone looks down on is a Gold mine for the Northern and Southern America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asian countries and recently Kenya.

With the recent Ban on Importation, Agriculture remains the most vital source of export.
Have you ever asked yourself why ORDINARY garri price keeps increasing and never comes down?
Its because Cassava is being processed as Cassava pellet and exported. The importing countries use it for Ethanol (find out what Ethanol is used for and you would be amazed) and for Livestock feed.
Hence farmers Gain more money exporting their cassava than selling it as garri hence the price increase.
The present govt has no choice but to pour in money into Agriculture hence those in Agriculture stand to benefit a lot.

So Dear Colleague and fellow Salary earner, stop disturbing God for a Salary increase as you are not the only Child he has, start saving and investing the little talent(Talent as used by King James doesn't mean Gift or skill but Money, look up your dictionary) you have, as the Bible states explicitly in Matthew 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Finally no Economic postulate can be stronger than your own words, Talk yourself up this year more than ever before... Job 22:29 When men are cast down, then thou shalt SAY, There is lifting up; and he shall save the HUMBLE person.
GOD bless you.

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mynd44 and other concerned Mods, please help Salary earners see this Light

1 Like

Re: Preparing For The Austere Economic Times As A Salary Earner By Chizzy Benjamin by Charlesdegaulle: 10:26am On Jan 09, 2016
Nice topic. Designed for Fp, instead of stories about our jobless celebrities and babymamas
Re: Preparing For The Austere Economic Times As A Salary Earner By Chizzy Benjamin by pachuxy(m): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2016
Good good. Agriculture/agribusiness is the way forward. IMHO.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Hope For Small Scale Farmers In This Country? / Dry Kolanut Needed. / Importing Maize Seeds, Herbicides And Fertilizers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.