Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

American Hawks Gala In Lagos - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / American Hawks Gala In Lagos (767 Views)

When You Buy One Gala..(pics) / Pic–when U See Ur Ex Inside Traffic Dey Sell Gala... Lol / Gala Sellers To Represent Nigeria AT 2014 Winter Olympics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Hawks Gala In Lagos by abasifo(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
American Hawks Gala In Lagos

American Hawks Gala In Lagos June 16, 2009 14:53 (4 hours ago), 411 views

•Sean Alsilski, hawking gala at Ojota bus stop, Lagos, yesterday. PHOTO: KAZEEM UGBODAGA.

By Kazeem Ugbodaga

An American, Mr. Sean Alsilski, was seen hawking gala sausage rolls yesterday, at the Ojota area of Lagos state.

He easily drew a large crowd as Lagosians laughed and wondered what could have made him to hawk gala in Lagos, and on a sunny day too.

But Alsilski, unperturbed by the people watching and giggling at him, continued to sell his stuff to motorists and passersby who were eager to buy from him, some just for the fun of it.

He rebuffed people trying to ask him why he was out in the streets selling gala, saying he was too busy to talk to anyone. After much prompting by this reporter, he opened up on why he was out selling gala on Lagos streets. Alsilski said he came to Lagos to carry out a six-month research project on hawking and street trading in Lagos, and the best way to get the answers that he wants was to get involved in the real business rather than be an observer.

He said he had already spent five months in Lagos, hawking gala at different parts of the state. “I am here to do a research on hawking and street trading. I was billed to be in Nigeria for six months as part of the Full bright exchange programme. “I have been here for five months now, hawking. I have one month to go. I am going to give a presentation to the United States Embassy about my research,” said Alsilski. Born in the city of New York, the United States, Alsilski lamented that from what he has observed, government was harsh on hawkers and street traders.

“Hawkers here are under stress right now from the government and I am studying what the government is doing right now. We can make some recommendations. “Government is harsh on them. Some of them have had their goods taken away. I am not sure that is the best way to go about it. “In some cities, hawkers and traders are given licenses and allowed to go to certain areas to hawk. But hawkers should not be allowed to hawk in places like Oshodi,” he stated. Alsilski’s hawking business has taken him to Yaba, Ojuelegba, Mushin, Ojota, Mile 2, Apapa, Lagos Island and Agege

Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by romsky: 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
cheesy
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by tytylayor: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2009
lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy, dats gud man
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by abasifo(m): 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
its funny though.But since he said he is carrying out a research,its cool.But the government of the places he went to sell would of restricted him,because i think he will be carrying a bad name and bad report back to US

my queustion
Can a Nigerian do such a research? I mean practical research - not paying money for the research project. Best practice is the best exercise. I doff my hat for the American. stionis
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by romsky: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
d guy lives at ojodu saw him lyk 3ice in d past always in short with a camera slung over his shoulder
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ben13: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
I read that news yesterday from pm tabloids
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by clemcykul(f): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2009
naija is going places
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ben13: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
what's special
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by clemcykul(f): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
beats me
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ben13: 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
who is beating you by this time of the afternoon
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by nich(m): 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2009
the guy dey do bonanza?  

'just wondering: dis guy go can fit sabi pursue moto to sell the gala?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by clemcykul(f): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
the guy go do as u dey do
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by lysaa2: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2009
abasifo:

its funny though.But since he said he is carrying out a research,its cool.But the government of the places he went to sell would of restricted him,because i think he will be carrying a bad name and bad report back to US

my queustion
Can a Nigerian do such a research? I mean practical research - not paying money for the research project. Best practice is the best exercise. I doff my hat for the American. stionis

what are our 'girls' doing in spain, italy and their environ?
ans- carrying out a practical research on prostitute prosperity.
and the 'guys' practical research on drug trafficking.

e don tey our achievements o.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Abbygyal(f): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
lol kool. . . buh also nt cool
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ben13: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2009
Lol. . .I expected ya reply for long wink
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Abbygyal(f): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2009
lol, why?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Ben13: 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
hehehe. .you won't understand.
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by Abbygyal(f): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
lol hmmmmmmn kk
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by ereyomi: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2009
i will not be suprised if nigeria appears on another ten worst list from the united nation about the dangers of high way hawking,after this american has gone back to his country.i am honestly not looking forward to seeing or reading about that list undecided angry angry angry sad
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by aristole(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2009
do u fink it shd be in Joke thread?
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dani1luv: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2009
The thread aint s'ppose to be here(Jokes Section)

Moved. to the specific section
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by clemcykul(f): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2009
who asked u

stones daniluv with kuli kuli**
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bashydemy(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
some co-gala seller from ojota are here now oooo and one from ojodu they are not happy anyway i no mention names ooo
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dani1luv: 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
clemcykul:

who asked u

stones daniluv with kuli kuli**

remain grndnuts and sugar
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by bashydemy(m): 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2009
dani1luv:

remain grndnuts and sugar
na hungry pursue u come oya take sugar
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by dani1luv: 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
See tis' yeye thing

You wan spoil show sha

Nor b you bring ti's idea ni angry
Re: American Hawks Gala In Lagos by lightwalk(m): 10:49pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Daniluv: Yeah u're right, I don't see how this is a joke

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Former Abia State Governor Chief Orji Uzor Kalu And Imo State Governor Ohakim Fighting / Conversation Between A Doc And The Patient / Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.