Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) (28121 Views)

Hyena And Magnificent Antelope Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi. Photos / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / Underwater Photos Taken At The Yankari Games Reserve In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by tonyobj(m): 6:11am On Jan 13, 2016
Interesting. Beautiful pictures. Great tourism destination and could yield high revenues. Sadly, my fellow Nigerians won't be caught dead in a forest this thick, all in the name of tourism.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Ytmanmeee: 6:50am On Jan 13, 2016
Wow! Indeed,no beauty like nature
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Thatitan234(m): 10:08am On Jan 13, 2016
Onegai:

Why not start the ball rolling? You have no idea who my friends are, who they can speak to or what they're capable of and he ideas that can be worked on. Most are nature lovers. Who knows if they know how to get aid for this sort of place? And this would hardly be a one day or even 6 months' job, it would take a few years.

So, is the place totally in charge of the state government and will they be willing to let go of some control of it? I have some experience with LASG and govt in Nigeria tends to stubbornly hold onto stuff even when they don't know how to use it.

Is there proper documentation of the wildlife and fauna and flora there? Which institute is attached to it please?

Yes I believe all flora and fauna resources therein are well documented.

Seeing you and your friends wake up the place will be very awesome.

Omo Forest reserve is being managed by the Ogun State Forestry Plantation Project, Area J4 under the auspices of Ogun state Ministry of Forestry.

Bodies like Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) currently have an initiative - OSO Forest Elephant initiative - aimed at conserving the last remaining species of the endangered forest elephants existing in that forest
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by AMOSBID(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
proxillin:
Yoruba is blessed
you mean "NIGERIA IS BLESSED"
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by semitunde: 7:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
These are the kinds of threads we should be seeing on front page. And with some posters here eager to either go there or find investors for its rework; we would probably have helped to promote the place not just to Nigerians but to the world.

Lalasticlala. Front page please.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by absoluteSuccess: 7:38am On Jan 14, 2016
vislabraye:

Yeah. Ministry of tourism should publicise this park...
I wish they do,
before the spoilers take over.
Re: Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) by Recruitmentedu: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Fatal Accident On Ikorodu Road / A Question For Nigerians Living In Diaspora / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.