Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,054 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro (961 Views)

N10bn Baro, Lokoja, Ogoja Ports To Be Ready In 2017 – NIWA / Police Battle Militants In Akwa Ibom As They Attempt To Invade Govt House-Sitipe / Photos Of Today's Rally Against The Unlawful Suspension Of Henry Baro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro by adadelta: 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2016
The embattled Uvwie Local Government Council Chairman, Hon Henry Baro has reacted to insinuations alleging he instructed hoodlums to invade Delta Shopping Mall, Shoprite.

Exerts
PRESS RELEASE
09-01-2016

RE: ATTACK OF DELTA SHOPPING MALL

My attention has been drawn to a publication yesterday Friday 8th, January 2016, insinuating that I, Hon. Henry Baro, invited my community Youths to invade the Delta Shopping Mall.

I wish to state clearly that the story is false, and unfounded. I'm a peace loving person. A trailer hit with my car and drove away, but unluckily for him, the traffic got him stuck close to the round about, so I questioned him why he didn't bother to check with me, then the driver came down and started pleading that it was his motor boy. I was all alone and didn't even want to press the case further. Suddenly, a man came and was ordering me. I didn’t know he was a Naval officer attached to Shoprite since he wasn't in uniform so I asked him to introduce himself, he flared up, asking me if I was mad and warned me not to ask him again. Frankly, I told him it was important he introduced himself, next he held my t-shirt against my neck so tightly like a thief and brought out a dagger, he then beckoned on his colleague who crossed over the road to meet us with a gun and they forcefully took me to their Shoprite duty post. My simple crime was who am I to ask for his identity. His colleague used his gun to destroy my Toyota Venza side mirrors and anything glass and drove it to their yard. While all these was going on, onlookers raised alarm and sudenly Uvwie sons and mostly my supporters trooped in to rescue me and on seeing the mammoth crowd, he took a dock into the mall and frankly they went after him in protest. At this point it was still under control until street urchins hijacked the protest.
When i saw the crowd, I had to go into the mall to ensure the youths don't take undue advantage to rob as some criminal elements forced themselves into the shop.

As a law abiding citizen, I wish to sincerely apologise for the loss. I am not an advocate of violence let alone robbery. Again, am so so sorry. My supporters would never do such ugly thing because they know my interest in that Mall from land acquisition through construction and completion without single case of breach of peace.

The whole incident is regrettable.

Re: ' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro by DickDastardly(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ok
Tell that to the judge when you finally face him cool
Re: ' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro by MyGeneration(m): 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
what concerns Naval officer and shoprite security, I think the Nigerian govt shud do sth abt dz...
Re: ' I Didn't Lead Youths To Invade Warri Shopright'-baro by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Download Nigeria 2016 Budget Online / An Open Letter To Donald Trump By A Concerned Nigeria / DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.