Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? (2198 Views)

Whatsapp Group Chat For C# &/or C++ / Creating UWP Application In C# Or C++ (xaml) / Arduino Programming Boards, Shields, And Sensors Purchases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by laykhorn(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
Hello Good People!
I'm new to Hardware and Circuits development except maybe those school breadboard and veroboard connections generally cry cheesy but I want to implement a circuit with Arduinos since it works well with Sensors, actuators and easily bridge circuits. I am very very comfortable with the C language since Arduinos support both C and C++. I know both Languages are very efficient when it comes to hardwares but which do you think is better for such work from your experiences. I could pick up C++ in a couple of days...

Thanks
Pardon my Doubt, I don't know if this belongs to Science/Tech or here

Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by themonk(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2016
laykhorn:
Hello Good People!
I'm new to Hardware and Circuits development except maybe those school breadboard and veroboard connections generally cry cheesy but I want to implement a circuit with Arduinos since it works well with Sensors, actuators and easily bridge circuits. I am very very comfortable with the C language since Arduinos support both C and C++. I know both Languages are very efficient when it comes to hardwares but which do you think is better for such work from your experiences. I could pick up C++ in a couple of days...

Thanks
Pardon my Doubt, I don't know if this belongs to Science/Tech or here

Arduino is based on C progamming. Arduino made it easier by simplifying C programming by introducing some simpler syntax. There is a book that would help you greatly "arduino introduction to programming" I've forgotten the author. Its a very nice and simplified book. Thanks and take care.

1 Like

Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by laykhorn(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2016
themonk:

Arduino is based on C progamming. Arduino made it easier by simplifying C programming by introducing some simpler syntax. There is a book that would help you greatly "arduino introduction to programming" I've forgotten the author. Its a very nice and simplified book. Thanks and take care.

Uh! I've seen some example syntax and they look 'C++' so I felt C++ may be it. I'd checkout the book right away. Thanks much. I really appreciate
Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by abdulhadi101(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2016
if i were you i will go C++, although arduion is not pure C/C++,And it is basically a simplification of C/C++ (you can practically copy&paste arduino code to a C/C++ file, and it will work). Having said all of that, programming for Arduino isn't exactly the same as general C++ programming. A lot of the differences are common to all embedded programming though (such as limited memory and processing power).
Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by Otuabaroku: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2016

Hello Op, Arduino is more of C than C++. It has some libraries added to ease some operations that would normally be difficult to accomplish in pure C.Since you know C already , you can hit the ground running by doing projects that interest you. You can always learn C++ as you progress if you want but not mandatory. Not knowing C++ now is certainly not a show stopper. For more information, you can always get info from Arduino official website.

Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by princejude(m): 1:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
If you want to use arduino, forget about C or C++ and learn Arduino programming language which was derived from C language. You can get enough Arduino ebooks online. Miss Google is your friend

Also check this tutorial http://www.jutronix.com/tutorials/arduino-tutorial/
Re: C Or C++, Which Is Best For Arduino Programming? by princejude(m): 3:24pm On Jan 13, 2016
arduino nano:

Telling him to forget about C isn't a good advice at all.

Is Arduino programming language an ASSEMBLY language ?

forget about C or C++ and learn Arduino programming language which was derived from C language.

If you write a simple C or C++ program in an Arduino IDE will it compile or verify ?

If you don't know, Arduino programming language is a C language specifically designed (i.e, with its syntax) for Arduino hardware.

He is not limited to arduino programming and may still venture into other MCU hardware programming in the future and knowing C gives him comparative advantage.

Other MCUs have their different C syntax and compilers, so if you want to program them, get their materials on C programming and learn'

(1) (Reply)

Finally Got A Badass Laptop After Months Of Saving, Come Celebrate With Me(pics) / A Full-time Full-stack Developer Wanted In Ikeja / With The Recent Layoffs In Tech Worldwide, As A Beginner I'm Currently Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.