Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) (1471 Views)

What To Do With 2.5 Million Naira / About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares / Landed Property Or Stock: Which Is More Profitable To Invest On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by freshmoney(m): 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2009
Living legends plz advise.

The anticipated worth of the stockĀ  or property bought with 3mil in 5 years' time.

Any great advice ,prognosis will be acknowledged. Thanks for viewing.
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by freshmoney(m): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nairalanders, I need your contributions. Thanks
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by naijasaba(m): 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2009
I will advice you go for
property,especially the
real estate.its always
very rewarding
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by jamace(m): 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Poster,

Going into stocks at present is really appealing to me. Imagine sinking the N3.0m in a penny stock that is worth say N1.0 now. If it appreciates to say N3.0 (this a worst case scenerio as the stock might even hit N5.0 or more within the period), you would have made N9.0M. This is through capital appreciation only. Imagine the additional goodies which you will get via bonuses and dividends for the period of 5 years.

I know many after reading my advice will shout God forbid! grin to stocks because of the reccent adverse effect of the global economic meltdown on stocks. Yet, I strongly hold that the meltdown is over and presents a good opportunity to your present need.

Please, note that I have not said that real estate is not a good investment.

May you make your choice according to your conviction.
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by ifyalways(f): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
Stocks if u have something else to fall back to/live on for the next 5 yrs.
Real estate if u are not sure abt the next 5 years.
smiley
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by badboym: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
Stocks are good but Property is better.You're sure of making your money.As for stocks you can't tell what tomorrow will look like when it comes to the Nigerian economy.So am telling you categorically here to go for Properties since it's a long term investment.
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by chykeo(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2009
I will advice you to go for landed property for a long term investment against stocks.

Invest in cheap lands and in 5 years you can sell. Go buy in developing areas.

3 million naira can get you about 6 plots of land in developing areas. I recently bought a piece of land in Enugu for 1.2million naira and in the receipt the seller gave me, I noticed he bought the land for 10 thousand naira and over a period of 15 years it appreciated to that.

A friend bought 20 plots of land somewhere near Aba at 60 thousand naira each, after 1 year, the land now is selling at 300 thousand naira.

So with a landed property you are guaranteed of gain. The way stocks are now, who knows, u might be speculating. Did anybody know 5 years back that GM and Chrysler will burst today? So who knows what will happen to Cadbury or First bank 5 years from now?
Re: Long term(5yr) investment with 3 million naira, Landed property or Stock(shares) by ashington1: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2009
If you want to source cheap lands check out the New Land and Property Sourcing Website

Are you looking for a company that provides real estate sourcing and investment solutions with land situated in superb locations and to exact specification? ASHINGTON LIMITED offer quality lands and comfortable houses for sale, to let or to build for all classes of Nigerian people including those in the diaspora. Go to http://www.ashingtononline.com for more information.

(1) (Reply)

Fire/smoke Detector Alarm / Work As An Agent / Is Nigfunds.com Paying Or Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.