Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. (8716 Views)

Noun(national Open University Of Nigeria) Students In Nairaland / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Past Questions / Please Where Can I Get Noun(national Open University Of Nigeria) Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by richtubor: 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
You are limited in several ways by the information available to you. The reason for education in the first place is to learn, to acquire information and skills. You may have heard about NOUN but I think it is time to look into the school and see what the school is offering instead of assuming and reading some erroneous information about the school. With 70 centres and over 400000 students, I bet a wrong opinion will not change the trend.

Here are 7 things you should know about NOUN. I have written this to allay your misconception and probably give you a perspective on Open University.

1.Open University is a global concept.
Open University did not start in Nigeria; it is a global educational concept that has been around for about 50 years.
Today, there are more than 60 open universities in the world, in countries like USA, Canada, Australia, India, Thailand, UK, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Netherland, Japan, Greece and some more.
The concept of Open University was founded on the belief that communications technology could bring high quality degree-level learning to people who had not had the opportunity to attend traditional campus universities.

2.NOUN has increased access to education
NOUN offers amazing flexibility. It increases access to education for those who otherwise have no other opportunities due to work, family, age or physical limitations.
NOUN allows you to change your study centre, thus you are not affected by transfer at work or change of environment.
NOUN has come as a blessing to Police, NSCDC, NURTW, Prisons, Public servants and other students who want to study further while continuing with jobs or who might not be able to attend a full-time.

3.NOUN is a Federal Government School
As a Federal Government University, NOUN is favored. There is no fear of credibility or authenticity of license.
NOUN is NUC approved for graduates, Masters and Ph.D programmes. NUC approval is the ultimate; it is what makes university a university in Nigeria.
I am a pro federal government school anyway.

4.No Union action or strike
It is common in Nigeria to add one or two years to when you are suppose to graduate. ASUU strike and student protest are some of the factors that can elongate your years in the university.
At NOUN, no union action or strike necessitate you to wait few more years before you graduate, you are almost certain of your year of graduation even from the beginning.

5.NYSC Exception Letters
NYSC was not created to confirm university degrees. NYSC certificate is just saying “you have served Nigeria”
NYSC exception letters made available to NOUN graduates is equivalent to NYSC certificate.
NOUN has over 400000 students and still growing, the population of 10-20 Universities. If you incorporate that population to NYSC, NYSC will need almost double of its facility to accommodate the numbers.

6.NOUN has Rep
A former president of this country is an alumnus of NOUN. Royal fathers, celebrities, members of State house rep have considered NOUN as a place to study.
They have a correct knowledge of what NOUN is offering.

7.Admission is easy and open.
NOUN will not let JAMB jam you. You don’t need JAMB or post JAMB to gain admission into NOUN. NOUN admits students every semester and forms are continually on sale.

http://nounites.com/forums/topic/7-things-you-should-know-about-noun-national-open-university-of-nigeria/

Cc: lalasticlala ishilove mynd44
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by chimoskyg(m): 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
Leave trash for lawma
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOUN the worst university in Nigeria...noun is not my lot IJN

Team UI, OAU, UNILAG.
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by callMeAlpha(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Abeg leave NOUN for LAWMA
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by Uyi168: 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
NOUN ko,ADJECTIVE nii
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by richtubor: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
NOUN the worst university in Nigeria...noun is not my lot IJN

Team UI, OAU, UNILAG.

Different strokes for different folks.

Some Nigerians even think all Nigerian Universities are thrash and prefer to school abroad.

So enjoy your opinion.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by clockwise(m): 11:10am On Jan 11, 2016
Noun from inception na hit from back to back. Noun V.c go be like: if u want useless certificate come and collect it. Clockwise go be like: leave trash for Lawma.
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by IamLadyB: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2016
Hello Nounite,
I want you to join NOUNITES' chatroom.

Why?
If you join,
the room will get bigger,
and soon
NOUNITES can find help for themselves and others

Be part of the family
click http://nounites.com/chat/ to join
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
Need Help with your projects? Contact me via pm or +2347087555529.
Re: 7 Things You Should Know About NOUN- National Open University Of Nigeria. by Mopricelezz(f): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2016
richtubor:
You are limited in several ways by the information available to you. The reason for education in the first place is to learn, to acquire information and skills. You may have heard about NOUN but I think it is time to look into the school and see what the school is offering instead of assuming and reading some erroneous information about the school. With 70 centres and over 400000 students, I bet a wrong opinion will not change the trend.

Here are 7 things you should know about NOUN. I have written this to allay your misconception and probably give you a perspective on Open University.

1.Open University is a global concept.
Open University did not start in Nigeria; it is a global educational concept that has been around for about 50 years.
Today, there are more than 60 open universities in the world, in countries like USA, Canada, Australia, India, Thailand, UK, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Netherland, Japan, Greece and some more.
The concept of Open University was founded on the belief that communications technology could bring high quality degree-level learning to people who had not had the opportunity to attend traditional campus universities.

2.NOUN has increased access to education
NOUN offers amazing flexibility. It increases access to education for those who otherwise have no other opportunities due to work, family, age or physical limitations.
NOUN allows you to change your study centre, thus you are not affected by transfer at work or change of environment.
NOUN has come as a blessing to Police, NSCDC, NURTW, Prisons, Public servants and other students who want to study further while continuing with jobs or who might not be able to attend a full-time.

3.NOUN is a Federal Government School
As a Federal Government University, NOUN is favored. There is no fear of credibility or authenticity of license.
NOUN is NUC approved for graduates, Masters and Ph.D programmes. NUC approval is the ultimate; it is what makes university a university in Nigeria.
I am a pro federal government school anyway.

4.No Union action or strike
It is common in Nigeria to add one or two years to when you are suppose to graduate. ASUU strike and student protest are some of the factors that can elongate your years in the university.
At NOUN, no union action or strike necessitate you to wait few more years before you graduate, you are almost certain of your year of graduation even from the beginning.

5.NYSC Exception Letters
NYSC was not created to confirm university degrees. NYSC certificate is just saying “you have served Nigeria”
NYSC exception letters made available to NOUN graduates is equivalent to NYSC certificate.
NOUN has over 400000 students and still growing, the population of 10-20 Universities. If you incorporate that population to NYSC, NYSC will need almost double of its facility to accommodate the numbers.

6.NOUN has Rep
A former president of this country is an alumnus of NOUN. Royal fathers, celebrities, members of State house rep have considered NOUN as a place to study.
They have a correct knowledge of what NOUN is offering.

7.Admission is easy and open.
NOUN will not let JAMB jam you. You don’t need JAMB or post JAMB to gain admission into NOUN. NOUN admits students every semester and forms are continually on sale.

Cc: lalasticlala ishilove mynd44

Hello please can you kindly follow me, I need to send you a personal mail. I need your help as regards an issue. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta University 07/08 Ume Admissions. / Jamb Set Cut Off Points-180 Varsities, 160-polys, Coes / Enugu State University Post-utme For 2015/2016 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.