Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. (5783 Views)

5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video) / Mini Bus Made By UNIZIK Engineers, Looking Better Than Ever / I Think The Earth Does Not Rotate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
Extreme Engineering: Brilliant engineers in China have become the world’s first to build part of a massive overpass and rotate it into place so as not to disturb railways passing under the bridge. The 17,000 ton section at Wuhan City, was swung into place after being constructed for weeks parallel to the high speed railway track.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
After completion, the whole process took only 90 minutes as engineers rotated the section 106 degrees on a 15 meter high axis. This intuitive solution was a first for China, but was necessary because this part of the railway was considered too important to be shut down temporarily.Upon completion, the 256-meter long overpass will span 11 railways including the 1,428 mile long Beijing-Guangzhou service.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by tokiniofficial(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wow

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by jubrils(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Wao!
Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
A China Railway High-speed train passes beneath the rotating sector of the bridge as engineers expertly swivel it into place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
The bridge will be open for traffic by the end of the month. With the country’s high speed rail network being the largest in the world, it is no wonder that the engineers did not deem it feasible to halt the track beneath the bridge. The necessity pushed the engineers to come up with a creative and innovative solution, proving that engineers can make anything possible.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is amazing, but i can see Nigeria doing better than this in years.....

But my question is, what's turning/rotating that paet that weighs 17,000 tons?

source: http://wonderfulengineering.com/chinese-engineers-build-a-17000-ton-flyover-bridge-and-rotate-it-into-place/
cc: dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by MathsChic(f): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
The truth is, were it not for China's strict economic and political principles, it won't be where it is today. That corruption is not tolerated at all is one strong point driving everyone into hard work and creativity.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by ichommy(m): 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Damn shocked Am speechless

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by KELVINXY: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Explorers:

source: http://wonderfulengineering.com/chinese-engineers-build-a-17000-ton-flyover-bridge-and-rotate-it-into-place/
cc: dominiqe

u're saying? undecided

vision 2060grin
and it would still be done by an Asian construction company undecided

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by hahn(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Explorers:

cc: dominiqe

You have to be specific. Do you mean a billion years? To fix a simple transformer or provide constant electricity is still a big problem undecided

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by tk4rd: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
I love high engineering works like this.. Please get more facts like this for engineers like us.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Electronzeez(m): 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
In our own world corruption has kept on eroding our educational system , of course Nigerians can do this if there is an enabling environment . how do one think of this level of creativity when you are yet to eat angry .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by whitecloth: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Can't we the Nigerian youth take our future into our hands and do something? at least start from somewhere.
Nigerians can do this thing, am 100% sure of that.
Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
This is what we term ingenuity at its peak.

Believe me, when the engineer ( real person who "envisioned" this idea) taught of this plan, many lay men may have termed him mad but when the plan becomes visible and material, they will turn around and call him a genius.

Summary.....

It takes a mad man to be a genius in this chaotic world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by yunglivochi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
cool nice 1

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by ojaydedon(m): 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
wow... One day Nigeria shall get there.....

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by MysticZeus: 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
After Extreme Architecture, I Love Extreme Engineering

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Oahray: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
hahn:

You have to be specific. Do you mean a billion years? To fix a simple transformer or provide constant electricity is still a big problem undecided

lolz. True sha
Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by patrickmuf(m): 9:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
Engineering masterpiece at its finest

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by fabulousbrainzz(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Incredible

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by mirej(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
really amazing. Engineering at is peak. Hope to do better than this one day.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by DharmyYinks: 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hmm.. dis is an achievement worth boasting about.

Many will say Nigeria will do this in years to come. Even South Africa that is more advanced than Naija hasn't. In a place wer students ve to bribe their way to graduate, tell me what knowledge will they ve to create successfully an enormous tasks like this.

Even Nigeria (and Africa at large) don't believe in their engineers. If they do, they won't hire other foreigners(continents) engineers and award them contracts that should enrich financially n improve the experience of our engineers.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
whitecloth:
Can't we the Nigerian youth take our future into our hands and do something? at least start from somewhere.
Nigerians can do this thing, am 100% sure of that.

Lol, Hell No we cant, but i'll tell you what we can do though as a third world shiiithole, we get to download images like this on the interweb
And drool/mentally masturbate over it.
Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Donkaz(m): 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Let me pitch my tent here

Learning new things everyday.

Carry on explorers

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by UnimkeAk(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
I rep structural engineering

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by pamcode(m): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2016
Nice engineering work. A great masterclass, we can do this when corruption is aborted Nd plain theory is minimized in varsities
Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Sweetguy25: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
I took the Chinese over fifty years of steady hardwork and discipline to get to this stage. It will take Nigeria 200 years to get to this stage.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
patrickmuf:
Engineering masterpiece at its finest

@ its peak bro....When i saw it, i cant just ignore but to post it. The piece weighing 17,000 tons and over 250mtrs in lenght, its really shocking and i can't just imagine..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by FisifunKododada: 12:35am On Jan 13, 2016
cool The physics of rotation is quite straight forward. If you have a suitable pivot, you can rotate almost about anything irrespective of mass or shape. What these engineers did was to build the base of the flyover in such a way that it can serve as the fulcrum (or pivot) for the rotation. It is still an amazing feat because inertial creates a problem when you try to control such massive structures. They did an excellent job.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Engineers Build A 17,000 Ton Flyover And Rotate It Into Place. by Explorers(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sweetguy25:
I took the Chinese over fifty years of steady hardwork and discipline to get to this stage. It will take Nigeria 200 years to get to this stage.

I dont support that bro, PMB is working. In 4yrs, US, Japan, China, Germany, Singapore wil queue to learn from us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vsat Installations and Control Your Network With Very Cheap Linux Hotspot Server / Anybody With The Lumos Solar Electricity Powerd By Mtn.please Enlight Us / Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.