Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Tell Time......a Poem. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tell Time......a Poem. (558 Views)

Get Inspired By The Characters In "In Eight Months' Time" - A Book Review(prt.2) / Get Inspired By The Characters In "In Eight Months' Time"- A Book Review(prt. 1) / "There And Back On Time" A Nairalander's Novel Out On Paperback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tell Time......a Poem. by whizcartel(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING A POEM.
SO PLEASE! NAIRALAND COMMUNITY. PLEASE PARDON ANY PUNCTUATION ERROR, USE OF DICTION AND ANY ERROR IN MY SPELLING. (EVEN IF HE NUR MAKE SENSE TO YOU. I BE AMATEUR. NO VEX TOO MUCH) I'M OPEN TO CRITICISM. THANK YOU.

Title: Tell Time.

To die and to be reborn. Rise from the ashes, like
a Phoenix.
Dreams being sold, To the corpses of
dead infants.
This is not the life I have come to live. Gabriel! keep my bed warm in heaven. Or keep that dungeon gate open! if i have failed my father.
This peaceful heart that I cherish, has been
stained with hate and blemish.
Am I depressed? Maybe.
Am I happy? only if it can be defined.

Confused souls roam this borrowed earth.
To amass wisdom or to steal wealth.
An unknown after life, covered with the souls of a million shadows, diving graceless, into the pool of
mutilated minds.
What a disturbed world we live in.
We live to die and We die to live.
Guns brings peace and diseases brings hope.
When its all said said and done. vanity takes the lion share.
Keep the dungeon closed and my bed warm. even as I fight insomia.

Christian Okotubu.
Circa: A.D 2016
8:27PM | 9/01
Re: Tell Time......a Poem. by zyzxx(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2016
Amazing
Nice write-up bro
Re: Tell Time......a Poem. by whizcartel(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
zyzxx:
Amazing Nice write-up bro
tnx bro... it means a lot to me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Death Of Common Sense (obituary Write Up / The Best Way To Speak / Stolen _ A Short Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.