Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,151 members, 7,864,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Camoflage Clothing For Civilians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Camoflage Clothing For Civilians (1763 Views)

12 Civilians Posing As Soldiers In Army Uniform Arrested In Ogun State / Fake Soldier Arrested For Molesting Innocent Civilians In Ikorodu, Lagos (Pic) / Soldiers And Civilians Clash In Umuahia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camoflage Clothing For Civilians by Nina4u(f): 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
If you dress like this in Nigeria, you are a dead meat!
Camouflage is back in trend globally. Military outfits will be worn by many people around the World.

In Nigeria you should never wear a military-styled outfit. You will suffer in the hands of the police or Soldiers if they find out that you are a civilian wearing military outfits. I can tell you that you may be killed in the process...
I know somehow who narrowly escaped when he was put in detention in Nigeria for wearing a military short. He was lucky and able to go ahead with his marriage ceremony. He travelled from Sweden to Nigeria and almost lost his life because he was wearing a camo-short.
Many Citizens of Nigeria have been tortured, suffered and humiliated because they wore camouflage outfits.
I don’t know why this is a deadly outfit in Nigeria... There is nowere in the nigerian contitution prohibiting civilians to ware camo clothes ...
It may not be unconnected to the criminal tendencies of the locals or robbers. I mean I can imagine that some idiots have pretended to the Soldiers and probably caused harm or problems in the past.
Or maybe the army in Nigeria is just paranoid...
Whatever the reason the fact that you cannot wear a camouflage outfit even when it is in vogue means a lot... Nigeria is very uncivilised and backward in many things that are just basic...

It is a big shame. Serious one!!
I also wonder how theese khaki bois can get away with beating civilians ..torture them ...tear of the clothes and let u stand there naked and not beeing convicted for a crime ..that is abuse ..a violation of human rights ...
Who do they think they are?

Re: Camoflage Clothing For Civilians by kllinxman(m): 11:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Y wear camo, its just a uniform. bt if u ar bent on wearing uniform jus luk 4 a nursery skul in ur area wit beta uniform swore it or even wear the uniform of ur estate guard.
Re: Camoflage Clothing For Civilians by Nina4u(f): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
I ware camo hoodies ..pant ..shorts.. t shirt ..whatever camo not nesseserly uniform ...i know military guys in Lagos ..one of my friend is a Sergeant in Maiduguri fighting boko haram .. Ive asked them why ...they say some impersonate the khaki bois doing crimes ..but thats no exuse to abuse civilians ... If ur military u have military id to identefy u by .. The guys i know said no military guy would mess with me because im a farener but i higly doubt that ... I wonder if the military guys beat up their wives at home too ...(a question i havnt asked them ) lol
Re: Camoflage Clothing For Civilians by yanabasee(m): 12:28am On Jan 11, 2016
If the Nigerian constitution doesn't carry it... Then the military has it's constitution...

On Jan3 this year female corps members got raped by some disguised policemen... Point it, if it's not done that way... A lot of people will be wearing khaki and camo to commit crimes that will involve the military.

There are thousands of designs one could wear and look handsome or cute with... It mustn't really be a camo...
Re: Camoflage Clothing For Civilians by ChynoBEATS: 5:20am On Jan 15, 2016
Nina4u:

It is a big shame. Serious one!!

Well to you it is,..but 2me its not

Nina4u:

I also wonder how these khaki bois can get away with beating civilians ..torture them ...tear of the clothes and let u stand there naked and not beeing convicted for a crime ..that is abuse ..a violation of human rights ...

Every Affected person is capable of suing any personnel for such act

Just like the case of the lady who sued the Navy "after they've un-duly man-handed her in 2OO8"
And she won the case with the navy being told to pay her some hefty amount of money...

It's all about knowing your left from Right..

The lagos state government helped her too.....

And 3rdly.... We've all been told that if anybody see where any personnel is abusing the power of his/her uniform the case should be reported "with evidence" to the DefenceHq .....

The nigerian military doesnt tolerate such act of nuisance from its personnels no matter the Rank you're in....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

An MTN Employee Kills Girlfriend & Stabs Her Mother In Ilorin Kwara State / Notorious Female Robbery Gang Arrested In Akwa Ibom State (see Photos) / Moment Residents Of Nenwe, Enugu Angrily Chased Out Fulani Herdsmen & Their Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.