Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,799 members, 7,813,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture (676 Views)

Lets Help You To Start Concrete Block Moulding Business / Block Moulding Machine Neede / We Are Searching Agent In Nigeria About Plaster Of Paris (moulding Plaster) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture by obitryce(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2016
Hello my good people of Nairaland. I've been an ardent but silent follower of the properties section here learning from folks like Oga Spyder, Brabus and co. Please i am currently thinking of venturing into the business of block moulding for commercial purpose but with less information and experience on how to start. I would appreciate the good inputs of those in the house with experience and better ideas to enable a young man earn a living.

Regards,

Obitryce.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture by brabus(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2016
Set the bars high. Expect challenges but do not be troubled. Focus on the main goal. And God will see you through.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture by brabus(m): 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
Now, you may want to say "I already knew all this. Tell me something different."

Here's my piece of cake to you:

1. Own everything if possible starting from the land.
2. Start with 300 pallets and grow with that.
3. Don't be greedy. Small profit for now! Bigger gains will come with the number of satisfied patrons. It's a number game bro!
4. Look for delivery pickups to help you with the deliveries. You don't want to spend all your profit on routine maintenance (at least for the first year of business). That will give you ample time to understand the challenges and effective management of delivery pickups.
5. Use the best available materials and produce good quantity per bag. It's only matter of time people will know you for your quality.
6. Sink a borehole. Get a very good generator to power your pumping machine. If you have good startup capital, get a solar powered pumping machine (it's less than 60k). I always like eliminating possible point of failures in my business.
7. Be creative. I visited a block moulding site and I'm tempted to ask questions. The environment is very inviting.

BRB... I need to hit the road now.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture by obitryce(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2016
Dear Brabus your advice is well appreciated and would greatly assist me as i embark on this venture.

Kind Regards,

Obitryce
Re: Advice Needed On How To Start A Block Moulding Business Venture by obitryce(m): 10:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Dear Brabus just a quick one, how do i go about purchasing the block moulding equipment and also which type would you suggest i make use of in terms of operating & maintenance cost and production?

(1) (Reply)

Modern Luxury 4 Bed End Terraces In Ikeja GRA For Sale / Urgently In Need Of Marble Dust In Benue Or Lagos State / BREAKING NEWS: One Dead As Another Building Collapse In Mile 12, Lagos {pic}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.