Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu (19625 Views)

Boko Haram Reacts To Trump's Victory, Says 'war Has Just Begun' / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by tommykiwi(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
ubah84:
my brother for your information metuh is not jailed yet and Jafar return 100millions and signed an agreement to return d remaining 70million but metuh said over his deadbody he will not return the 400million he collected. Therefore he should be ready to stay longer in prison
where in the entire world av U seen a thief dat is caught for stealing and wen they collected wat he stole they set him or her free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by tommykiwi(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
nobilis:

Sorry, but did you read where he said that Jafar returned N100m and signed an undertaken to return the remaining and that even with the return, he will still be prosecuted?

Did u also read where he said the Metuh swore never to return a dime out of the N400m given to him by Dasuki??

Or u chose to understand whatever u wished and ignore the rest?
where in the entire world av U seen a thief dat is caught for stealing and wen they collected wat he stole they set him free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by tommykiwi(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
ayindejimmy:

i'm sory, u'v bin decieved. Metsuh has nt bin jailed.he's only in custody bicus he refused to coperate unlike Jafar who nt only coperated bt agreed to make a refund.
where in the entire world av U seen a thief dat is caught for stealing and wen they collected wat he stole they set him free.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by jonyima: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
Magu

You just taking rubbish. Who is investigating APC campaign funding?

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Eberex(m): 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
Magu, magun, maga......
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by bamite(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
Mr Magu I commend ur effort so far....But I just want to ask why Jafar Isa was granted bail when the cash he collected is not yet complete, secondly, the man is corrupted why not jail him like U did to Olisa Metuh or are Apc members different from Pdp members in dis Dasuki's arm deal?
U guys can deceive others as for me,U can't deceive me.
so do you really want metu to be released even being found culpable of corruption?
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by ubah84(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
where in the entire world av U seen a thief dat is caught for stealing and wen they collected wat he stole they set him or her free.
he is not free he is still going to jail
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by obailala(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2016
May strong thunder fire anyone who is not in support of the anti-corruption war. Corruption is the only reason why a potentially very rich country like Nigeria is still wallowing in its 3rd world status. Now for the first time, we have a leader who has thrown away every other thing and decided to prioritise this fight against this monster called corruption but instead of supporting it, ordinary Nigerians who are the victims and who did not even gain any share from the loot are the ones screaming and opposing the fight against corruption.

They claim he is only going for his political opponents, but this has always been the same old cry whenever EFCC unleashes its fangs even since the days of OBJ. What kind of humans do we even have in this africa?... They obviously want EFCC to totally drop the fight against corruption because it cannot arrest everyone at once. angry undecided

Just like someone suggested, anyone who isnt comfortable with the fight against corruption, such a person can pack their things and get lost to neighbouring nations like Cameroon or Togo. Enough of this!

3 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by obailala(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
Where did you read it that he was set free? angry
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Younggeneral: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
feedthenation:
If EFCC were this active under GEJ, things would have been much more different.

To all those shouting Tinubu, Amaechi Fashola, what was EFCC doing under the presidency of GEJ and not arrest these guys & charged them to court?
the where busy fighting curruption wit technology. According to gej

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Younggeneral: 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
so u did nt read the part that say even with the refund he will still b prosecuted guy try read b4 comenting
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kiakia:
These Senior Advocates conspire to frustrate the campaign against corruption with the connivance of some judges who compromise their position for filthy lucre. Imagine a lawyer standing surety for a person accused of fraud! Is what he was taught at the Law School? How much did that fraudulent fellow pay him to warrant his desecration of ethics of the legal profession? And where is NBA when you need them? Should the body condone such disgusting behaviour from a lawyer? EFCC is doing it's best but the slow pace of the courts makes it appear as if it's efforts are in vain. It will be better if FG sends a bill to the National Assembly seeking for the creation of a special court for the trial of corruption cases. This will help fast-track the determination of this cases in record time.
U just took d words outta my mouth. These stupid lawyers and judges frustrate d anti-corruption effort with their legal jargons. Even when its glaring that politicians looted funds, they still turn a blind eye.
If only we had special courts that tries corrupt cases for 2months maximum

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Observant: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
See ehn, the refund of stolen funds is a step forward but justice would be served when these elements end up in jail.

A plea bargain can only fly when they agree to pay triple or double the funds stolen.

Letting them refund stolen funds and go free is a denial of justice to many Nigerians who have died as a result of poor infrastructure, poverty etc.

Or better still hang them by the balls after recovering the fund

1 Like

Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by ayindejimmy(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
OMG!
Didnt u read d post tru?
He said 'even when Jafar return d money he'l stil b prosecuted.'
i gues u missd dat
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by johnmartus(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
I SALUTE YOUR COURAGE SIR
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by babadem2much(m): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Magu de Mugu I the like this guy face since imo the only name that horrified those that ate the Yams from Dasuki restaurant without remorse.

Magu please don't fix plate numbers on that white Toyota bus
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by tommykiwi(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
ayindejimmy:

OMG!
Didnt u read d post tru?
He said 'even when Jafar return d money he'l stil b prosecuted.'
i gues u missd dat
I didn't my friend, is wrong of him to do dat because he is not a judge.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Donliv: 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Let FG build a production company that will create job for unemployed youth with the refunded funds so that Nigerians will see the benefits of this anti corruption war.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by christconscious: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
In as much I appreciate and support anti corruption war lead by the federal govt ,it will not escape mind to ask why APC governors and other top politcian within has not been invited for questioning or are they all saints?
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by nobilis: 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:

Wait!!!
I'm sorry to ask.
But is it that u don't understand English language?

Magu said Jafar will still be prosecuted.
Didn't you read where he said it

Or does granting bail equate to setting someone free?

Is the granting of bail to criminals not part of the justice system everywhere in the world once the said criminal fulfils all required bail conditions?
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Charly68: 8:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
If you guys do your professionally,I believe Nigeria will be great again. .The greedy & mentally sick political elements have wounded the nation through their wanton looting and diversion of our national commonwealth ..they institutionalize corruption & make it the in thing in our nation.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2016
they haven't started yet until I see amechi and shalofa in the story.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by CecyAdrian(f): 8:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
bettercreature:
Be carefull he is married! dont let his wife come after you

Lol, not in that way, the wife will be happy her husband's good actions are making people like him a lot
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Lordkratus(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
Mr Magu I commend ur effort so far....But I just want to ask why Jafar Isa was granted bail when the cash he collected is not yet complete, secondly, the man is corrupted why not jail him like U did to Olisa Metuh or are Apc members different from Pdp members in dis Dasuki's arm deal?
nobody is interested in deceiving u
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by investnotspend: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:

If you can't read better go and collect jamb form before its to late
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Yksoul(m): 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
THIS IS DISGRACEFUL,AS A COUNTRY WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT CORRUPTION WHEN MALAYSIA AND JAPAN HAVE LEFT US BEHIND.WE HAVE TO BE STRICT,DOGGED TO JAIL OR HANG THESE POLITICIANS FOOLS!!!
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by Yksoul(m): 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
OLISA METUH SAID HE WOULD RATHER BE ON HUNGER STRIKE THAN TO RETURN THE #400M,CAN U SEE GREED! FROM THE MOUTH OF OUR POLITICIANS.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by tommykiwi(m): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
nobilis:

Wait!!!
I'm sorry to ask.
But is it that u don't understand English language?

Magu said Jafar will still be prosecuted.
Didn't you read where he said it

Or does granting bail equate to setting someone free?

Is the granting of bail to criminals not part of the justice system everywhere in the world once the said criminal fulfils all required bail conditions?
So why is Metuh not granted bail or ever charged to court all dis while?
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by ayindejimmy(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
tommykiwi:
I didn't my friend, is wrong of him to do dat because he is not a judge.
i'm glad we'r on the same page. Thought i lost u 4 a while there.
Prosecutn nd convictn r nt d same.
It's Efcc's duty to prosecute nd judges' to convict or nt.
So prosecutn does nt translate to guilty or not guilty
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by welgate(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
EFCC should continue with the fight against corruption and it should forget about those trying to distract it from carrying out its mandates. If you're not satisfied with what EFCC is doing, then take them to court.
Re: Anti-corruption War Has Just Begun — Magu by ucha1: 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
being selective or not , Nigerians want the anti graft crusade to bear fruit and as a deterrent to many.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi / Boko Haram Members Are Relocating To Kogi State- Gov Bello / Buhari And Akufo-Addo Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.