Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,135 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Running Cup - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Running Cup (370 Views)

Dana Group Is One Of Nigeria's Top 50 Brands For The Second Year Running / Running A Bakery Has A Huge Profit And Market, Here Is How To Start One / Is It Possible To Stop Purging/running Stomach By Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Running Cup by Seyibabalola(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
The Running Cup

It might surprise you here that your cup which the Bible says it runneth over in Psalm 23:5 is not the interesting or sweet substances you've always taken it to mean, and as a result, you have always been naive about the unpleasant experiences in your life. You can't just understand why you have to pass through such. You suffer condemnation from your family, friends have deserted you because of your stand in God, you are depressed, years after graduation, yet no job, or you even find yourself doing a substandard job you never thought you would do years ago, you deny yourself of certain enjoyments of the flesh, you are persecuted for living a Christian life. Listen, all these are triggered by the Anointing. Psalm 23 says "thou anointed my head with oil, my cup runneth over" The word cup represents sufferings. Anointing triggers oppositions of the enemy. Matthew 26:39 says "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this CUP pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" Jesus saying this cup was referring to the sufferings and the death which He was about to experience. We all know about how he was stripped naked, spited on, smitten on the head, mocked, putting on a crown of thorn, carrying a very heavy cross, drank a bitter vinegar, nailed to the cross. That's the CUP.

When the mother of James and John made a request that Jesus should allowed James and John to sit beside His throne in Heaven, Jesus said, "Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?"-Mathew 20:22. Jesus was trying to tell them what it will cost them to sit by His throne in Heaven, which is the sufferings they would have to experience. They replied, "we are able", and Jesus said "Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father". Why did Jesus say they would indeed drink of His cup? He said so, because as a child of God and a follower of Christ, you will indeed suffer and be opposed by the enemy. Jesus told his disciples, "the world will hate you, because it hates me". He also said, "In this world you will face trials and tribulations" The world will hate them and they will face trials and tribulations, simply because of the Anointing upon them by the Holy Spirit in them. The Holy Spirit which they would receive will produce Anointing upon them which will trigger the attacks of the enemy and sufferings of all manner. We all know what sufferings the disciples indeed passed through.

You don't pray to God that your cup should overflow, in agreement with Psalm 23:5. The Anointing on you will naturally trigger your cup to overflow: "thou anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over". In other words, God's anointing upon you will naturally trigger an overflow of denials of the things of the world, overflow of oppositions of the enemy, overflow of challenges. In fact, the greater your anointing, the greater the oppositions of the enemy you will face. But here is the good news: In those sufferings, in those challenges and oppositions lie your blessings. They are the access to the beautiful things God promised you, their overflow means overflow of blessings. If Jesus had rejected His own CUP, he would not have been where and who he is now. He said to Peter, "Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? John 18:11. Accept oppositions as blessings. Without battles, there is no glory. Love you!

-Pastor Mike Seyi Babalola

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Writers/blogger For A News Blog / UNILAG SUG Holds #thankasoldier Media Campaign / Youth Summit Coming Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.