Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? (1712 Views)

A Geology Graduate With Experience In Borehole Drilling,soil Testing,needs Job. / Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Pre-employment Test. / Pls Advice....geology Graduate Seeking Opportunities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Ajisebioyolaari: 1:18am On Jan 12, 2016
So yesterday, I met an old friend of mine who was my roommate back in the University. After several discussions, she asked me if a graduate of Geology can fit into Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC). In my opinion, I told her it is very possible as she will definitely fit into one department within the commission. She explained that someone is offering her the job but she is worried that her discipline may not be relevant in the commission.

For those who know about the structure and departments of NCC, do you think she can stand a chance? If yes, what is the pay structure like? Will she advance in this organisation or should she pursue a related course to stay relevant? Is it worth the effort?

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Engineer123(m): 7:19am On Jan 12, 2016
Yoruba or Hausa graduate can fit into NCC. For me, i will advice her to accept the offer, that will be the starting point for her. She can quit in future If she get good offer related to her field.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by butanep(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2016
As far you are a graduate, you can work anywhere.

Geology graduate can work anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by myke92(m): 8:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Unless d job requires indepth knowledge of another field entirely...if not,she should go on and accept d job

modified؛‎ she should accept it ASAP...no time at all.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by praxs(m): 9:05am On Jan 12, 2016
Your frnd does not know what she is toying..the allowances in NCC is something you dont get in other orgs. NCC is one of the best place to work in Nigeria, i will pick NCC ahead of CBN anyday anytime...

2 Likes

Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Ajisebioyolaari: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2016
Engineer123:
Yoruba or Hausa graduate can fit into NCC. For me, i will advice her to accept the offer, that will be the starting point for her. She can quit in future If she get good offer related to her field.
Thanks Sir.....but why the emphasis on Yoruba and Hausa graduates? My friend is Yoruba anyway.

butanep:
As far you are a graduate, you can work anywhere.
Geology graduate can work anywhere.
Thank you Sir.

myke92:
Unless d job requires indepth knowledge of another field entirely...if not,she should go on and accept d job

modified؛‎ she should accept it ASAP...no time at all.
Lol.....Thanks...I'm sure she is viewing this thread too. Thank you for your contribution.
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Engineer123(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2016
Ajisebioyolaari:
Thanks Sir.....but why the emphasis on Yoruba and Hausa graduates? My friend is Yoruba anyway.

Thank you Sir.

Lol.....Thanks...I'm sure she is viewing this thread too. Thank you for your contribution.
In Nigeria, a graduate can work anywhere except in some few organisation or ministry that require indepth knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Ajisebioyolaari: 10:54am On Jan 12, 2016
praxs:
Your frnd does not know what she is toying..the allowances in NCC is something you dont get in other orgs. NCC is one of the best place to work in Nigeria, i will pick NCC ahead of CBN anyday anytime...
This should be a motivating factor for her.....Do you have a specific idea of their remuneration? Thanks
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Lanretoye(m): 11:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Geology!,how can she fit now?...
The way some grads be asking foolish questions self,dem suppose go exchange their cert for N10.
Person dey tell Op say even ppl wey study yoruba or hausa can work there,he dey say him friend na yoruba.
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Ajisebioyolaari: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lanretoye:
Geology!,how can she fit now?...
The way some grads be asking foolish questions self,dem suppose go exchange their cert for N10.
Person dey tell Op say even ppl wey study yoruba or hausa can work there,he dey say him friend na yoruba.
I don't know where your frustration is coming from, but I believe you chose the wrong thread to vent your anger. There is a huge difference between 'graduates of Yoruba Language' and 'Yoruba graduates'. I replied the Engineer's comment based on context. I hope you will exchange your certificate for N10 this month, that is if you have one.

He who does not know, and doesn't know that he does not know is a fool, ignore him. Olusegun Aganga had a Biological Science background yet rose to become the Minister of Trade and Investment. I have seen a Geography graduate work in National Primary Health Care Development Agency. I have seen a Zoologist working at the Nigerian Center for Disease Control. When I created this thread, it wasn't for myopic people like yourself to comment. Cheers!
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Lanretoye(m): 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ajisebioyolaari:
I don't know where your frustration is coming from, but I believe you chose the wrong thread to vent your anger. There is a huge difference between 'graduates of Yoruba Language' and 'Yoruba graduates'. I replied the Engineer's comment based on context. I hope you will exchange your certificate for N10 this month, that is if you have one.

He who does not know, and doesn't know that he does not know is a fool, ignore him. Olusegun Aganga had a Biological Science background yet rose to become the Minister of Trade and Investment. I have seen a Geography graduate work in National Primary Health Care Development Agency. I have seen a Zoologist working at the Nigerian Center for Disease Control. When I created this thread, it wasn't for myopic people like yourself to comment. Cheers!
You knw all these and you asked the foolish question.
No wonder y u were not sensible enough to notice the sarcasm in my comment...joor ko oshi lo
Re: Can A Geology Graduate fit into NCC? by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Lanretoye:

You knw all these and you asked the foolish question.
No wonder y u were not sensible enough to notice the sarcasm in my comment...joor ko oshi lo
you have been noticed, now run along boy........ori e o pe rara grin

(1) (Reply)

Glo Man Power Recruitment / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Procter And Gamble, November 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.