Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. (1311 Views)

Tilapia And Cat Fish Coming Out Of The Ground In Delta After The Rain (Photos) / How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / How Lucrative Is Poultry Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by primcy(m): 7:03am On Jan 12, 2016
for people in the cat fish farming business, please how lucrative is the business? Is it worth entering. Please i need your advice. Thanks.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by AngryNigerian(m): 7:09am On Jan 12, 2016
VERY!!! But the investment for startup could be kind of discouraging sha...

For the percentage/ratio, I think its in the range of 200 - 500% turnover (but wont b so in the 1st year of setting up the needed infrastructure).
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by primcy(m): 7:17am On Jan 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:
VERY!!! But the investment for startup could be kind of discouraging sha...

For the percentage/ratio, I think its in the range of 200 - 500% turnover (but wont b so in the 1st year of setting up the needed infrastructure).
my concern is being sure that its worth investing on. Thats all. I don't want to waste money and time
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by AngryNigerian(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2016
primcy:
my concern is being sure that its worth investing on. Thats all. I don't want to waste money and time

Should i give you a breakdown?

Meanwhile, you must b grounded in fish farming or hand it over to one...den share the earnings
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by Don69(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2016
I'm very much interested too, it's the safest and most profitable of all Live Stock Farming, I suppose (I'm open to be proven wrong).

But feeding them and changing their water and getting buyers as soon as they are matured enough for harvest could pose the most difficult task, I was told.

Someone should be selfless enough to educate us here abeg.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by jam04(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Is there any business that is not lucrative? Seek knowledge first and success will run after you.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by ayoidan(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Meanwhile, you must b grounded in fish farming or hand it over to one...den share the earnings

Yes please.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
primcy:
for people in the cat fish farming business, please how lucrative is the business? Is it worth entering. Please i need your advice. Thanks.

Brother, its not a get-rich-quick business. Dont expect to put in 100K and reap 500K in 4 months. Its very lucrative but you need to understand what u are doing and know that farming is a business and thus business factors also affect it. I will advise/suggest u visit some fish farmers around you just to have d basic ideas of what it entails.
I wish u success in ur new business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by Yommiefish(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
If don well, fish business can be a goldmine, I Wrote this as a guide for intending fish farmers.
www.nairaland.com/2828208/shocking-how-make-200k-just
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by primcy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:

yes, will really appreciate it.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by primcy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
BELEXYFARMS:

Brother, its not a get-rich-quick business. Dont expect to put in 100K and reap 500K in 4 months. Its very lucrative but you need to understand what u are doing and know that farming is a business and thus business factors also affect it. I will advise/suggest u visit some fish farmers around you just to have d basic ideas of what it entails.
thanks Bro, just that some told me that is not lucrative. I worked in a fish farm when i did my IT, when i was in school.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by primcy(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
Don69:
I'm very much interested too, it's the safest and most profitable of all Live Stock Farming, I suppose (I'm open to be proven wrong).

But feeding them and changing their water and getting buyers as soon as they are matured enough for harvest could pose the most difficult task, I was told.

Someone should be selfless enough to educate us here abeg.
apart from supplying it to hotels and eatries how else can some market it?
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by GlitzG: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
BELEXYFARMS:

Well said bro

primcy:

Follow the instructions of my oga Belexy and forget about who to sell to for now...u nid to learn the basics. If possible work in a fish farm for 3-6months so as to get most of the things involved. Its a money spinning business but wen u don't learn it(practical knowledge not what you read on the internet) n go into it, den, it will b anoda story. Don't rush so as not to rush out. LEARN 1st. God will see you through

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2016
primcy:
thanks Bro, just that some told me that is not lucrative. I worked in a fish farm when i did my IT, when i was in school.

There is no business on earth that is not lucrative. Even if its to sell gutter water, it will be lucrative if u put in ur best and create a viable market for the product. It takes hard work, dedication, perseverance and continous learning . You also have to be business minded.
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by paulasca4real(m): 10:56am On Jan 13, 2016
very lucrative my fellow nairalander, if and only if you follow the procedures and expertise.
read some of my online books and trends on fish production and hatchery management.
or you call: 07034709755
Re: How Lucrative Is Cat Fish Farming. by Don69(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
primcy:

There are small scale retailers available to be sold to too. Those people who sell in large bowls covered with iron nets.

(1) (Reply)

Agro Chemical Products Available In Large Quantity / Feeding At Risk As Companies Buy Up Grains / Goat Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.