Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever (1214 Views)

Aso Villa And The Audacity Of Rats - Reuben Abati / Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by lordkit3(m): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-fyB8CCe958A/VpSfYeX5rKI/AAAAAAAH9QQ/UMbm1l_QKv0/s1600/Dr-Samuel-Ortom-e1429001222755.jpg[/img]
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, after meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa has asked its people to suspend eating rats for now in order to curtail the spread of Lassa Fever in the State.
He made the plea because rat is a popular delicacy among the people of the state and because the state has recorded a case of the fever.

Source: http://doncareblog.ga/forum2_theme_111150114.xhtml?tema=427
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Nellybank(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2016
Chai... This governor don chop rat till see how him eye be like person wey get lassa fever. Benue pipo, kontunu
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by ernesty20(m): 8:01am On Jan 12, 2016
Who eats rat these days
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by kossyablaze(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2016
ernesty20:
Who eats rat these days
Benue indigenes.The even eat roasted toad
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by EzePromoe: 8:27am On Jan 12, 2016
Hope this will not affect nchi soon or later.
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Pigin1: 8:38am On Jan 12, 2016
He can say that to his Tiv people the rat eaters, we the honorable people of Idoma don't eat Rats!!!
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by PRYCE(m): 8:41am On Jan 12, 2016
Ehh then provide food for your people!.... Who sef wan eat rat by choice if no be poverty?

Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by AbleGodAlways: 9:07am On Jan 12, 2016
How human being go eat rat. Really the poverty level in Nigeria. .......... na waoooooooooo
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:21am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by byteem: 9:22am On Jan 12, 2016
EEHEEN .. I SED IT.. THEY EAT RATS.. I SERVED THERE AS A CORPER YEARS BACK IN GWER WEST .. NAKA ..NOT FAR FROM MAKURDI .. THEY PUT THE RATS IN STICKS AND DRY IT IN THE SUN LIKE DRY FISH... I COULDNT BELIVE MY EYES AND HAVE ALWAYS ARGUED WITH MY FRIEND WHO SAYS ITS NOT POSSIBLE...THAT ITS ONLY BUSH RAT THEY EATS ..

THESE PEOPLE EATS.. I MEAN HOUSE RATS .. THE GREY ONE THAT CREEPS AROUND THE HOUSE OOO NOT THOSE BIG BROWN BUSH ONES... I MEAN HOUSE RATS THAT WE KILL WITH OTAPIAPIA... AND RAT GUM... THATS WHAT THEY EAT...ITS A DELICACY TO THEM

REMIND ME NEVER TO KISS ANY BENUE GIRL AGAIN... KAIII

Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by blackmantis: 9:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Nigerians eat anything

Viper,python,Lion,Hippopotamus, Monitor Lizard, Agama Lizard,Bush Cat,House Cat just name it.....

Any animal they know or don't know is on the list.

How much more rat.

Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by millhouse: 9:35am On Jan 12, 2016
Pathetic
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Elnino4ladies: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2016
byteem:
EEHEEN .. I SED IT.. THEY EAT RATS.. I SERVED THERE AS A CORPER YEARS BACK IN GWER WEST .. NAKA ..NOT FAR FROM MAKURDI .. THEY PUT THE RATS IN STICKS AND DRY IT IN THE SUN LIKE DRY FISH... I COULDNT BELIVE MY EYES AND HAVE ALWAYS ARGUED WITH MY FRIEND WHO SAYS ITS NOT POSSIBLE...THAT ITS ONLY BUSH RAT THEY EATS ..

THESE PEOPLE EATS.. I MEAN HOUSE RATS .. THE GREY ONE THAT CREEPS AROUND THE HOUSE OOO NOT THOSE BIG BROWN BUSH ONES... I MEAN HOUSE RATS THAT WE KILL WITH OTAPIAPIA... AND RAT GUM... THATS WHAT THEY EAT...ITS A DELICACY TO THEM

lol...you lying nigga..we only eat the bush ones..d domestic ones are not edible..rats d sweet sha!
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Okanokan(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2016
How will they enforce it? under the present poverty propelled scenario?
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2016
Where is lalasticlala sef?

What type of rat? Ukape or toilet rat or fat rat or bush ratundecided

Is there a census figure to determine the population?

Do marketers pay tax on the sale of the commodity?

What is the famous meal made with rat called?
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Alashi(m): 10:21am On Jan 12, 2016
byteem:

If you are trying to be funny then you failed badly. Benue people, particularly the Tiv eat it but that is the bush rat. From the way you are caught up on the issue I think you are just sick, very sick. Nonsense!
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by Lanretoye(m): 10:23am On Jan 12, 2016
ernesty20:
Who eats rat these days
U no see better pouched rat ni.
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by zicoraads: 10:27am On Jan 12, 2016
PRYCE:
Ehh then provide food for your people!.... Who sef wan eat rat by choice if no be poverty?
Cash head ooo embarassed

We eat lots of it. I still love the delicacy, and still eat it whenever I feel like. And it ain't poverty tongue
Re: Benue Suspends Eating Of Rats Due To Lassa Fever by zicoraads: 10:31am On Jan 12, 2016
A lot of ignorant people on this thread. The Tivs, whether from Benue, Taraba or any state eat rats, not out of poverty, but because it's a sweet delicacy of the Tivs. I grew up eating rats, and we were not poor, and have never been. I still eat rats, and I enjoy eating it and will continue to enjoy eating it.

And what we eat is not the house rat, but the bush ones. The ones with brown hair!

Armsdeal: Arrest Jonathan Now, Waku Tells Buhari / See Photo Of A Boko Haram Member Arrested In Yobe State Recently / Read What An Influential American Organisation Is Saying About Goodluck Jonathan