Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu (1356 Views)

Senate Rejects Ibrahim Magu's Confirmation As EFCC Chairman Again / Ibrahim Magu In London Over Diezani's Investigation (Photos) / The New EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, 7 Things You Need To Know About Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by mohince(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Ibrahim Magu, the chairman of the Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission (EFCC), says he is ready to die fighting
corruption in Nigeria.
Magu said he was lucky to be the one, out of more than 170
million Nigerians, with the chance to lead EFCC, meaning if
the fight against corruption required going with it, he was
ready and determined to.
“There is too much talk about corruption fighting back, of
course corruption would fight back, you don’t expect to fight
somebody all the time without him fighting back,” Magu
said during a visit to Channels Television.
“But we are resolved, we are determined to win this fight
and Nigeria has about one hundred and something, over 170
million Nigerians. If I am opportune to drive this thing and in
the process I happen to go with it, so be it. I am, we are
ready. We are determined to fight this fight to finish.
“There are series of allegations. For instance, the case of
NIMASA of N2 billion initially, we took him to court and later
on, we realised that he had another matter that he siphoned
out of public funds, about N34 billion.”
The EFCC boss said the commission carries out thorough
investigations, which often takes months, before proceeding
to make invitations or arrest.
“We carry out background investigation, preliminary
investigation very thoroughly. We might be on you and you
would not know. It may be six months, sometimes 10
months.
“For instance, this NIMASA case, we’ve been on it for more
than 10 months, before we began to invite people.”
Magu has been accused of running a selective EFCC ,
prosecuting members of the opposition party, while men of
the ruling party walk free.
In his response to the allegations, Magu said the EFCC
works with petitions received and he is also very eager to
get a petition on members of the ruling All Progressives
Congress (APC).

https://www.thecable.ng/magu-if-i-die-fighting-corruption-so-be-it

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by mohince(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2016
Kudos
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Lawalemi(m): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2016
Ribadu treatment awaits

1 Like

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by omenka(m): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2016
Lamorde would be ashamed of himself wherever he is.

For those crooks out there, honestly, this is the guy you should worry about and not Buhari.

I'm sure they must have looked everywhere to find some dirt about him but came up with NOTHING.

God bless and strengthen you sir. We are solidly behind you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Babprosper20(m): 8:08am On Jan 12, 2016
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by kossyablaze(m): 8:09am On Jan 12, 2016
Me too!Itz starts with us.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Emekamex(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2016
@Magu, a petition against Amaechi has been sent months ago, I don't get why you keep making false statements that you are still waiting for "petitions against APC members".

It is better EFCC clears the air on the petition against Amaechi on ground of no wrong doing than to outrightly say there is none against him.

6 Likes

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Good 4 d country
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by EzePromoe: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2016
It's good to fight corruption but in a honest way.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by mohince(m): 8:26am On Jan 12, 2016
omenka:
Lamorde would be ashamed of himself wherever he is.

For those crooks out there, honestly, this is the guy you should worry about and not Buhari.

I'm sure they must have looked everywhere to find some dirt about him but came up with NOTHING.

God bless and strengthen you sir. We are solidly behind you.
Tru talk my guy, i swear Lamorde is a corrupt bastard! I doubt if he didn’t collect frm Dasukigate

2 Likes

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by PRYCE(m): 8:44am On Jan 12, 2016
Well that's good! Patriotic to say the least... Just don't be partisan about it!

I kinda like people will death wishes!...
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Wizlove(m): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2016
I said it and I'll keep saying it. This man is not fighting corruption.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by menix(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Oga if u like die the only thing EFCC will do for you is to name a toilet within their headquarters after you.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by oteneaaron(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2016
A true Nigerian Patriot.....

But is dying for Nigeria really worth it??

Apply as a freelance logo designer......our budget for the job is 5k.....you can start bidding for the project here--- http://www.sourcegig.com/project/logo-design-for-sourcegig-com/

Thanks
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by vedaxcool(m): 9:20am On Jan 12, 2016
We are ready to give you any and every protection required to fight corruption, when last did you see any close ally to the president being arrested and forced to cough out N100million? Please wailers wail yourselves to death corruption must bow to law this 2016!
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Pidggin(f): 9:22am On Jan 12, 2016
APC extension
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by vedaxcool(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2016
menix:
Oga if u like die the only thing EFCC will do for you is to name a toilet within their headquarters after you.

Instead it is your corrupt gods that throw pittance at you to post sh!t on NL that will die the most evil and vile death availaible. Oga Magu hammer these thieves till they scream mummy.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by byteem: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2016
SEE THIS MMUMMU.. FEELING KOOL AND BLOWING HIS TRUMPET.... HEEDIOT... HE IS JUST AN ATTACK DOG... THATS ALL..

WHICH WORK HAS HE DONE... WHEN DID HE GET THERE.. BLLOOODY ROTTWEILER..

1 Like

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by drss(m): 9:30am On Jan 12, 2016
just like lamorde who just woke from sleep on may29 last year to fight kworotshun like jack bawa only to fly out with N1 trillion under buari's nose. Buari deliberately let him escape out of nigeria despite daming corruption allegations by citizens raised in d senate. Efcc is not fighting corruption. they ar just entertainning nigerians. d nigerian state is corruption. Kworuption cant fight corruption.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by menix(m): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

Instead it is your corrupt gods that throw pittance at you to post sh!t on NL that will die the most evil and vile death availaible. Oga Magu hammer these thieves till they scream mummy.

U sound bereaved..
A love one Died in an evil nd vile way
Well go forth nd bury him/her with whip so that they avenge their death..
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by drss(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2016
byteem:
SEE THIS MMUMMU.. FEELING KOOL AND BLOWING HIS TRUMPET.... HEEDIOT... HE IS JUST AN ATTACK DOG... THATS ALL..

WHICH WORK HAS HE DONE... WHEN DID HE GET THERE.. BLLOOODY ROTTWEILER..
d guy just dey feel like rambo. him own corrupt dealings will soon be brought to d open. if any body tinks dat efcc will fight corruption to stand still in nigeria den dat person is on his own. nigeria is corruption. d economic structure n feeding bottle policy is corruption. federation account is corruption. centralization of govt activities is corruption. nigeria's consttution is corruption. therefore corruption cant fight corruption.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Okanokan(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2016
You won't die! talk less and carry out your job, knowing that God is the greatest security, one can have.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by kadas01(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2016
Nothing would happen to you officer!

Just do your job with the fear of God at heart!

Nigeria and Nigerians have severely been "brutalized" by corruption!
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by vedaxcool(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

[s]
U sound bereaved..
A love one Died in an evil nd vile way
Well go forth nd bury him/her with whip so that they avenge their death.[/s].

I repeat sir, your corrupt gods will die a vile and evil death, not magu hammering them

1 Like

Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by menix(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

I repeat sir, your corrupt gods who will die a vile and evil death, not magu hammering you deat

Come tell me more after u done with the funeral rites u traveled for..
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by vedaxcool(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:

Come tell me more after u done with the funeral rites u traveled for..

Your have major comprehension problems, get well soon grin grin grin
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by Psalm18: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
I have learnt through experience to believe less what people say and rely more on their actions.

I wish you well, Sire.
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by pharmagba: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
menix:
Even if EFCC did not name even a toilet after him, I don't think it matters. When we don't consider any worldly gain but surrender all for eternal gain, that is the highest form of SERVICE and the GLORY in it is incomparable. I will love you to aspire for this
Re: If I Die Fighting Corruption, So Be It - Ibrahim Magu by manup: 1:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
mohince:

“There are series of allegations. For instance, the case of
NIMASA of N2 billion initially, we took him to court and later
on, we realised that he had another matter that he siphoned
out of public funds, about N34 billion.”
The EFCC boss said the commission carries out thorough
investigations, which often takes months, before proceeding
to make invitations or arrest.
“We carry out background investigation, preliminary
investigation very thoroughly. We might be on you and you
would not know. It may be six months, sometimes 10
months.
“For instance, this NIMASA case, we’ve been on it for more
than 10 months, before we began to invite people.”
How unserious is this man. U can be in a case for ten months yet can't arrange the person in court with enough facts?
So y have u been in these case that long.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Nigeria Soldiers Wounded By BH At Bita 10 Dec 2015. / Biafra Is Ijaw, Not Igbo / CNN Undercover Investigative Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.