Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks (1711 Views)

Nigeria’s Hungriest Face Starvation As Aid Funds Dry Up In N’east — UN / Death Sentences: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In The World After China – Amnesty Int. / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by segello: 11:19am On Jan 12, 2016
A report showing the hungriest nations in the world has been released. According to the United Nations (UN), the countries most at risk from hunger are often those experiencing conflict, political instability, climate related crises.

According to wfp.org, there are 795 million undernourished people in the world today. That means one in nine people do not get enough food to be healthy and lead an active life.

The UN mission to end hunger has seen promising results, with 219 million fewer hungry people in 2015 than in 1990-92 and a majority (72 out of 129) of countries achieving the Millennium Development Goal target of halving undernourishment by 2015.

Where Does Nigeria Rank?

Nigeria, with a score of 14.7 is ranked amongst countries facing serious hunger issues. some of the countries in the same bracket as Nigeria include Iraq, Benin, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Nepal, Liberia, India, Angola etc.

Some of the Countries with extremely alarming hunger issues include; Burundi, Eritrea, Chad, Haiti, Sierra Leone.

see more on...http://nairametrics.com/hungriest-nationa-in-the-world-see-where-nigeria-ranks/
Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 12, 2016
Nonsense map

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2016
I just pray God delivers us....
God will give our leaders solutions to every problems...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by samopeyemi: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2016
Angola- currently the largest producer of crude oil in Africa (1.8million BPD)......

While Nigeria is second (1.77million BPD)

Both countries are still starving. What happened to all the money from crude oil over the years before the fall in price?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by moriton(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2016
I weep for the banana republic...
Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Demmocrats(m): 11:53am On Jan 12, 2016
We no they carry last for all competition grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by whirlwind7(m): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2016
Well, Nigeria has gotta be located somewhere in the statistics.

According to the table, we are not well fed, but we are not starving either, right?
#Yawns#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Sweetguy25: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Meanwhile, Nigeria has earned 50 times more foreign exchange than other countries in its category (Except Iraq and India).

Sometimes I wonder Nigeria would have looked like without oil. I honestly believe Nigeria would have been worse than Liberia if the country had no oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by tolexy007(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Smartsyn(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is true..

Though some people may noe be experiencing it, but if you go up North, and see some of this almajiris, you will know that hunger is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by NobleAngell(f): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2016
No. We are not hungry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by dukie25: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
With General Bubu spending a whopping #1.8bil on food at Aso Rock, am not surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by chronos: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Some white people will be sitting in some posh office in manhattan and be conducting surveys about africa...mtchew lubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by mrvitalis(m): 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
When will Nigerians stop believing all this rubbish the West stay and imagine......
If they had said eating the right food.. . I would say yes...Bro please have u not eaten today??
The % of Nigerians who can't feed them selves are far below 1%.... I haven't even seen any.... I have been to the north.. ..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by coolzeal(m): 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is what happen when a certain Region controls the sit of power and the major resources of that nation for a very long time without given account of it. That Region has finished this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Rossikk(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
When will Nigerians stop believing all this rubbish the West stay and imagine......
If they had said eating the right food.. . I would say yes...Bro please have u not eaten today??
The % of Nigerians who can't feed them selves are far below 1%.... I haven't even seen any.... I have been to the north.. ..
Don't mind them. It's actually a scam they operate in the western world. Those charity groups need to present a 'starving' Africa in order to continue receiving millions in donations, to fund the lavish lifestyle of their staff. So, expect more of the same manufactured news.....afterall if hunger is no more an issue in Africa they will have to find new jobs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by tsdarkside(m): 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

its because alot of us nigerians are still not that educated,thats why they can stage lies and hope its has an effect...they want to rule the world like in the colonial times.....

and a great and stable africa is surely not in there plans....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Emekamex(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thank God we no carry last for this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Pidggin(f): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Northern Nigeria is the worst hit. I used to think Northerners liked themselves, but their leaders loot for their generation yet unborn, they do not care about the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
Jonathan sef cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by MXrep: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
this is what we suffer by being lumped together with the hunger infested north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by MCMLXXVI(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Niger Republic and Chad, countries filled Hausa-Fulanis and Kanuris, are in worse shape than Nigeria.
That's to give you an insight into how wretched Arewastan might just be if granted freedom as a republic of its own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by asadike(f): 3:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
why should we not be among? Thks to islam and almajiris of d north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by ril19(m): 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
but food dey market o.....CHAI!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
ITS A SHAME!....
The funniest part is that Nigeria as a country is far richer that all those countries she was named with.
GOD PLS WHEN WILL U HEAR OUR PRAYERS TO ANNIHILATE UNREPENTANT CORRUPT LEADERS AND MAKE THIS COUNTRY BETTER PLACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by JayJustus(m): 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Rossikk:
Don't mind them. It's actually a scam they operate in the western world. Those charity groups need to present a 'starving' Africa in order to continue receiving millions in donations, to fund the lavish lifestyle of their staff. So, expect more of the same manufactured news.....afterall if hunger is no more an issue in Africa they will have to find new jobs.

your mama born you well my friend...africans have not opened their eye to know that the western world still wants to control us..some neocolonialism bullshyte...a better africa is just not in their agenda

1 Like

Re: Hungriest Nations In The World: See Where Nigeria Ranks by Trailblazer1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Is Working...!!! Compare Woji Road Then And Now...!!! / Please Stop Setting Our Markets On Fire!!! / Tree 'where Witches Hold Meetings' In Agbor, Delta State 'refuses To Go Down'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.