Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,748 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (25230 Views)

The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) / Port Harcourt International Airport Ranked Worlds Worst Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by AwesomeRims(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:
And Amaechi looted rivers' state dry and gave to INTEGRITY Baba for election runs and baba collect knowing fully well where the money came from... That is not corruption ooo

Amaechi has no business with fixing a federal government property except he has an agreement for payment with fg. This is purely fg's problem just like trunk A roads.

Also note that revenue generated from the airport goes to the fg..

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Smartsyn:
Who's to be blame?

Minister for BMW and the "bright" man that once presided over FRSC that now want to be a senator.

Somebody please tell these people who keep crying marginalisation that that the president for the last 7 years and the ministers for aviation for at least the last 5 are all from this area.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by anonimi: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
Raiders:
PH airport Omagwa is an international airport and a federal airport. Its not Ameachi job to renovate the airport. Its just like blaming Fashola for not renovating MMIA lagos. All international airport in Nigeria are operated and maintain by the federal ministry of Aviation. I hope Ameachi renovate the airport now because he is in charge of transportation ministry

What is the work of the:

- senators
- representatives

in Abuja from the constituencies served by this airport?

Abi we only sent them there to collect mega millions ni
Or to fight over JUICY committees while their 200 million mumu fellow citizens look on? angry

Monimatic:
Two members of the House of Representatives, Hon. Herman Hembe and Hon. Aliyu Sani Madaki, on Tuesday exchanged slaps over the issue of juicy committees.

The Reps, both of who are members of the All Progressives Congress, slapped themselves in the White House within the National Assembly.
The altercation occurred before the day’s sitting began.

It took the intervention of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yusuf Lasun, to separate Hembe (APC-Benue) and Madaki (APC-Kano).

There had been altercations over the allocation of chairmanship of House Committees by the Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.
There were allegations of favouritism in the allocation of the headship of the committees.
Hembe emerged as the chairman of the Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, which is considered as a Grade A committee and by extension juicy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3058563_43264985cfbd2785623f32ea0a3de42a07c12_jpeg8e185e609d22ddaedfef7cec1daf0380

From: http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-reps-exchange-slaps-over-juicy-committee/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by ratchy: 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
the first time i stepped into Port Harcout , i was happy from Lagos going to one of the oil states(river state) in the country , but stepping into the airport , the airport killed my happy mood

Port harcout international airport is just like ijora market angry angry angry angry
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by anonimi: 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
lookandlaff:
Minister for BMW and the "bright" man that once presided over FRSC that now want to be a senator.

Somebody please tell these people who keep crying marginalisation that that the president for the last 7 years and the ministers for aviation for at least the last 5 are all from this area.

Which president?
Which seven years?
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
Na flamingo airline go dey land for this kine airport
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
anonimi:

Which president?
Which seven years?

ok 5 years and 3 as VP, is that not enough?
shocked shocked shocked...what a country called nigeria... embarassed embarassed
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Pascal181: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Raiders:
This is the federal airport that GEJ/pdp claimed to renovate during his presidency. shame on GEJ for abadoning this airport. I hope the current government renovate our airports and other infrastructure soon
U no get sense! Was GEJ a governor of Rivers state!
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Socketbet: 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
Almighty ph
Na so
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by ogododo: 1:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by asha80(m): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pascal181:

U no get sense! Was GEJ a governor of Rivers state!
your brain is equivalent to akamu if you don't know what federal means

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by EminentKing: 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
I don't believe this picture is that of the "functional" Port Harcourt International Airport.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:
And Amaechi looted rivers' state dry and gave to INTEGRITY Baba for election runs and baba collect knowing fully well where the money came from... That is not corruption ooo

The international airport is a FG property
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:

Was Amaechi not the gov?? Why didn't he ensure fed. Govt worked on it? Or that the money GEJ allocated for it was used well?

I'm sure during the GEJ government, when their fight was t it's peak he did mention it when the Oduah issue came up. GEJ thought he was punishing Ameachi
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by centyboy: 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:

Help me ask the biased one sided judges ooo
you Are The Biased One Here, How Are You So Sure He Recieved A Dine From Gej For The Renovation Or Don't You Know Ameachi Isn't Responsible For The Whole Thing Cus It's A Federal Govt Property.You Con Carry Am For Head Like Gele...Get Life,It's Essential.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by diegwu01: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
lielbree:

Did akpabio and other southern governors not build airport from scratch without waiting for fg?
ameachi own na to thief
Quit being silly.
Meanwhile which other southern Governors are you talking about?
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
metroparrot:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-CVUU5RJNwbs/VpTL4npI3EI/AAAAAAAH9Z4/TUkX_LWnh48/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
Port Harcourt International Airport, in Rivers State has been named the worst airport in the world...and going by these photos shared by Political Correspondent, Seun Okin, you can't blame them. These new pics show the current state of the airport. Continue for more...
[img]http://2.bp..com/-L2cFK28wNss/VpTL55y9WoI/AAAAAAAH9aE/dCIIUyeSBXk/s400/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-aUjEToxjBto/VpTL6aiPQJI/AAAAAAAH9aQ/klTDxpSl-SM/s400/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-hnP0NQxWiLM/VpTL7ojf_aI/AAAAAAAH9ac/nVBAxbymP4w/s400/5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-UUA7iitQtTo/VpTL8UnVvfI/AAAAAAAH9ao/1eLagkfHOAA/s400/6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-6IaaNe3jVrE/VpTL8-6kX2I/AAAAAAAH9as/AE_e7zDPLFg/s400/7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-3PZprSOij80/VpTL9i7qg-I/AAAAAAAH9a4/Pv1jbiykWjc/s400/CYgSMwPWcAANhrN.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-rIw4B7LbNas/VpTL-Zp_Q4I/AAAAAAAH9bA/1zYLvjYa0fU/s400/CYgSMwxWAAAOnLv.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/01/photos-bad-state-of-port-harcourt.html

cc: lalasticlala

Mama piss was busy fighting for power.
1. What did river state benefit from GEJ/PEJ nothing.
2. Bayelsa has only 8 local govt. yet nothing to show for it. With allocation + having a president that served 6 years.

I think Ibori is the best thief. Atleast Ohara can boast of world class stadium, roads, poly and the best hospital in Delta state. what will Bayelsa and Rivers thank PEJ/GEJ for?
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by nom44311: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
RebelChip:
Am beginning to confirm my view that Naija is cursed.... See decay! Nd yet someone get mind embezzle billions, leave am for account! Tufiakwa!

I confirmed a long time ago
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Ephemmm: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
Raiders:
This is the federal airport that GEJ/pdp claimed to renovate during his presidency. shame on GEJ for abadoning this airport. I hope the current government renovate our airports and other infrastructure soon

Jonathan lost Federal sit to PMB, but his manhood lives.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by obua: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
The pictures above are pictures from when the reconstruction Work started. Though the airport is still drab, the situation is better than in the pictures
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by richiepolymer(m): 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:

Shame on Amaechi for being the gov then but didn't ensure the renovation
na wa for you oh duchess lily. its a federal airport na? what's amaechi's business renovating a federal property? Amaechi as a state governor had no constitutional rights to renovate a FG property. If you say he should have ensured its renovation. my question is how? he should have ordered a federal minister? of course no minister answers to a state governor. The blame is clearly on the previous aviation minister and his oga. Let's not pretend as if we didn't know that GEJ spent his time, energy and FG funds fighting amaechi and collecting oil wells from rivers to bayelsa when he could have focused his energy on ensuring that the FG properties are duly renovated.

3 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2016
DuchessLily:

Was Amaechi not the gov?? Why didn't he ensure fed. Govt worked on it? Or that the money GEJ allocated for it was used well?
Ekpa , is Amaechi the minister of aviation?
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
This is really appalling... Nawa oo... I hope it gets a face lift soonest.. Shame on GEJ
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
EminentKing:
I don't believe this picture is that of the "functional" Port Harcourt International Airport.
that place is suppose to be arrival place.its only the departure place that's quite nice
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by DTaj: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
And Senator Stella Oduah got 'elected' to the Senate of Nigeria based on this fake 'international airport remodelling' when she was an untouchable Minister of Aviation!

And some dunderheads are here supporting Stella Oduah and insulting Amaechi and APC just because Stella is IGBO! Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth!

Majority of Nigerians are tribal bigots and empty heads. FACT!

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by DTaj: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
richiepolymer:

na wa for you oh duchess lily. its a federal airport na? what's amaechi's business renovating a federal property? Amaechi as a state governor had no constitutional rights to renovate a FG property. If you say he should have ensured its renovation. my question is how? he should have ordered a federal minister? of course no minister answers to a state governor. The blame is clearly on the previous aviation minister and his oga. Let's not pretend as if we didn't know that GEJ spent his time, energy and FG funds fighting amaechi and collecting oil wells from rivers to bayelsa when he could have focused his energy on ensuring that the FG properties are duly renovated.

God bless you, Richiepolymer! Some of our people are too blinded with hate that they refuse to use their brains! How could Amaechi, a Governor, order renovation of a federal airport? It is even worse considering that Jonathan and his wife were fighting Amaechi, so how could Amaechi have intervened in the renovation
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by DTaj: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
richiepolymer:

God bless you, Richiepolymer! Some of our people are too blinded with hate that they refuse to use their brains! How could Amaechi, a Governor, ordered renovation of a federal airport? It is even worse considering that Jonathan and his wife were fighting Amaechi, so how could Amaechi have intervened in the renovation
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by engrfaruq(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
Am yet to see a ladder, if there is no ladder then its not that bad.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by blackracle(m): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
@OP...
Please stop giving people wrong information.
Please snap pictures of the newly constructed terminal currently used for departure.
We all know the new terminal is not completed and in full use, but please don't paint a bad picture to us either.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by blackracle(m): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
@OP...
Please stop sending giving people wrong information.
Please snap pictures of the newly constructed terminal currently used for departure.
We all know the new terminal is not completed and in full use, but please don't paint a bad picture to use either.
Re: Bad State Of Port-Harcourt International Airport (Photos) by coldasice11(m): 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Its alarming that its still same story since I last used the airport in Nov of 2011 enroute Lagos. The departure lounge was a canopy and the excuse we were given was that the airport is been 'reconstructed' please bear with us. 4yrs later nothing has improved.
What a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Lane Of The Alagbole-yakoyo Flyover Open For Use / Auto Crash Claims Four Lives In Ondo / Secondary School Girl In Anambra Crushed By A Bus On Her Way To School (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.