Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Cost Of Some Graphic Designs - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Cost Of Some Graphic Designs (10255 Views)

` / Graphic Designs - Get 3 Designs Pay For Just One ! / Whats The Cost Of Opening An Average Photo Studio? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by haxorDelite(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Am new to doing graphics design on a commercial Scale..
I would like to know how much it cost to design an handbill
Church Poster
Tract
Display Picture
Web Banner
Cloth Design
Book Design
Company Logo
or any thing related to graphic design...
Please help give your cost ideas..
thanks
cc: erad
prof800
lalasticlala
seun
Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by Donald3d(m): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
haxorDelite:
Am new to doing graphics design on a commercial Scale..
I would like to know how much it cost to design an handbill
Church Poster
Tract
Display Picture
Web Banner
Cloth Design
Book Design
Company Logo
or any thing related to graphic design...
Please help give your cost ideas..
thanks
cc: erad
prof800
lalasticlala
seun
it depends on you ,your skill level and your negotiating power

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by haxorDelite(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
Donald3d:
it depends on you ,your skill level and your negotiating power
I actually just need flat rate ideas
Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by Donald3d(m): 12:01am On Jan 13, 2016
haxorDelite:
honestly ,there is really no flat rate, i can charge you 50 k for a logo, someone else can charge 5k, another person can charge 20k you have to know your stand

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by Donald3d(m): 9:37am On Jan 13, 2016
haxorDelite:
make i ask care taker of this land erad prof800
Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by Donald3d(m): 10:18am On Jan 13, 2016
But here is the deal,i once passed through what you are going through right now,i was indecisive, so let me tell you my experience so you might grab a thing or two

1. When i first started out as a core , i repeat core learner(because we are all learners in graphics whether you are guru or not, we learn new things everyday),i was confused ,i think there was a time i charged 500 naira,and i felt fulfiled, my work wasnt that awesome then though
2.As i slightly improved i wanted to see whatother freelancers especially the ones abroad were charging and wen i saw it i saw 500,only to look carefully to see the dollar or pound sign in front of it, i was like gerrara here mehhn and i did dis for 500 naira ?
3. Then i worked on my skills more,improved my "color sense" mixed the right colors, shapes in the right proportions ,and i became better and summoned up courage
4. Then i did something crazy ,i wanted to be like the big boys abroad ,then someone came with a logo offer, not banner or flyer this time around, and i had the effrontery to say 50k, the man was like whaaaaaat, for logo ?,and i said yes sir,i never saw his break light again
5. I sat down taught of my life what was i doing wrong ---- number one, i didnt have anything then to show my capability,i didnt have enough ability,and i definitely was not up to standard
6. Now i have something to show, i have improved,and you also have to be a business man, you have to know how to "toast" customers,sweet mouth them o jare,but dont give them empty promises,prove your worth,i have had clients i charged a little , after the job they even payed me more than what we bargained,cos they liked it,and i "toasted them" and they even referred other clients.
7.Customer relationship is very key, dont play with this if you do, you are finished i repeat finished , the difference between two awesome designers is how they treat their customers.
6.dont let me bore you, what i am trying to bring out of this is , regardless ,you have to charge what your service is worth, assess yourself,possibly how much time it will take you to complete the project, how much brain work you have to put into it,how good you are,and dont be scared to charge
NOTE At times you have to charge peanuts and look at the bigger picture, i have had clients whom i charged lets use for example 5 naira ,but they liked my work brought new clients , and i charged like 100 naira , see the difference , at times you have to compromise, you have to understand the way the client thinks , from their speech , the tone in their voice , their receptiveness,the way they picture things, their taste, its not that complicated anyway,its a gradual process.
I hope i helped and didnt bore you haxorDelite

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Some Graphic Designs by haxorDelite(m): 11:05am On Jan 13, 2016
Donald3d:
But here is the deal,i once passed through what you are going through right now,i was indecisive, so let me tell you my experience so you might grab a thing or two

1. When i first started out as a core , i repeat core learner(because we are all learners in graphics whether you are guru or not, we learn new things everyday),i was confused ,i think there was a time i charged 500 naira,and i felt fulfiled, my work wasnt that awesome then though
2.As i slightly improved i wanted to see whatother freelancers especially the ones abroad were charging and wen i saw it i saw 500,only to look carefully to see the dollar or pound sign in front of it, i was like gerrara here mehhn and i did dis for 500 naira ?
3. Then i worked on my skills more,improved my "color sense" mixed the right colors, shapes in the right proportions ,and i became better and summoned up courage
4. Then i did something crazy ,i wanted to be like the big boys abroad ,then someone came with a logo offer, not banner or flyer this time around, and i had the effrontery to say 50k, the man was like whaaaaaat, for logo ?,and i said yes sir,i never saw his break light again
5. I sat down taught of my life what was i doing wrong ---- number one, i didnt have anything then to show my capability,i didnt have enough ability,and i definitely was not up to standard
6. Now i have something to show, i have improved,and you also have to be a business man, you have to know how to "toast" customers,sweet mouth them o jare,but dont give them empty promises,prove your worth,i have had clients i charged a little , after the job they even payed me more than what we bargained,cos they liked it,and i "toasted them" and they even referred other clients.
7.Customer relationship is very key, dont play with this if you do, you are finished i repeat finished , the difference between two awesome designers is how they treat their customers.
6.dont let me bore you, what i am trying to bring out of this is , regardless ,you have to charge what your service is worth, assess yourself,possibly how much time it will take you to complete the project, how much brain work you have to put into it,how good you are,and dont be scared to charge
NOTE At times you have to charge peanuts and look at the bigger picture, i have had clients whom i charged lets use for example 5 naira ,but they liked my work brought new clients , and i charged like 100 naira , see the difference , at times you have to compromise, you have to understand the way the client thinks , from their speech , the tone in their voice , their receptiveness,the way they picture things, their taste, its not that complicated anyway,its a gradual process.
I hope i helped and didnt bore you haxorDelite
Thank you very much I really appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Design A Logo For My Company And I Will Pay 10,000 naira. / Designedbycas Graphics Gallery / Nigeria's Best Film, Broadcasting And Media Institute Is Admiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.