Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? (14786 Views)

Make Money Selling The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2009
I was given a Sat Nav system to test and i gotta say, it blows any available system in Nigeria
right now out of the water, 10000000miles away.

It is also very affordable, not just for those with cars, you can hold it, imagine an ipod with GPS cheesy
Seriously, i cant imagine why anyone looking for a GPS system wont get this

It also serves as an in-car/out-car entertainment system

The Device is 4.3 in (Diagonal)

here is a pic, oh yeah i was watching one of my fave cartoons smiley

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
Screenshots of GPS map
you also have customizable POIs (points of interest)

You dont have to be a "big boy" or work in the Senate to own one o

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2009
oh wow.
impressive.

it's only a matter of time for car manufacturers to calibrate and design sat nav's with and for Nigerian roads.
good stuff!
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2009
Oh Mr Becommrich, dont bring your politics here.

The North we know is minority ok.  smiley

@OMO IBO

it sure is, do we still have cars manufactured here? i guess thats where the problem lies
but for the time being, i think this will serve smiley
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by sabaestate(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
There is nothing wrong about this information.
its for awareness purposes and i want to thank the
author for it.Anything is possible,if a man in japan
can manufacture a car,a man in Nigeria can.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
True true, lets go there! smiley
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 1:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
does it have a name? undecided
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
Oh yeah it does, smiley

If anyone needs more info just mail me ; gaminedelf@gmail.com

BTW: its just 45,000k i dont have one yet, im just testing but so far its been pretty good

more screenshots. .sorry im currently in a place where external wireless signals are jammed

so i cant give shots of the GPS maps.

but here are some

OPTIONS

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2009
Mainscreen

And yup it has bluetooth so you can connect your phone

make, and recieve calls in your car while driving, it has speakers.

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nice If it works as u said.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
Music and Video player, also has FM radio

smiley

Its not out for sale yet, like i said im testing. . .in the next two weeks it should be out.

@ifyalways, its very, i was impressed too

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2009
how does it find address with same street and or road name in the same city? for example in Lagos.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by walata44(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2009
Is it Nigeria made?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jun 19, 2009
Just 45k? Isn't that like almost $450 shocked shocked

That is more than enough to purchase me the new NETBOOK or even an IPOD!! lol
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
@kobo

this na nigerian market and does your Netbook have GPS?

or the ipod wey Jobs create special for you, get?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 3:15pm On Jun 19, 2009
@omo ibo

@walata44, the hardware, No

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Just 45k? Isn't that like almost $450 shocked shocked

That is more than enough to purchase me the new NETBOOK or even an IPOD!! lol

That's actually a hair over 300 dollars. At N148 (officially) to the dollar, how could you make that kind of mistake?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by netotse(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2009
how do the roads in states other than abj look?can u post pics?
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
POIs

@netotse

i answered that above

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 4:00pm On Jun 19, 2009
Becomrich abeg no derail this thread grin
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by SkyBlue1: 4:01pm On Jun 19, 2009
Probably related to this other project

Lagos digital mapping project nears completion

By Chris Onyeose
June 10, 2009 11:39PMT

The Lagos State government has announced that its digital mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS) project has reached 75 percent completion.

This was stated on Wednesday at his Lagos House, Alausa office, by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, during the second stakeholder’s forum on the project.

The governor said, “this is an infrastructure which will determine how efficiently we can clear refuse and recycle them in the state, provide good roads and water, and make us more responsive to the people’s general needs as a government.

“The road to where we have come today is a continuation from the past administration. What we are doing today, is to mark the beginning of the final step of this project,” he said.

In his address, the commissioner for Science and Technology, Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, said that the use of GIS will revolutionise the process of data acquisition, processing, storage dissemination and use of the GIS in digital format for planning and decision making.

“The Lagos State government commenced the comprehensive digital survey and mapping of the whole State which will result in the establishment of enterprise GIS, to provide various developmental activities in both the rural areas and other major towns in the state,” he said.

Mr. Hamzat also stated that the state government is putting in place, a state geo-information policy as well as establishing a Lagos enterprise GIS database backed by a policy which, he said, will eliminate most of the problems experienced by geo-information producers and users in the state.

“Let me point out that an efficient GIS and the associated state policy backed by the enactment of some necessary laws is vital for sustainable development of the state. This draft policy is being circulated today for input and comments for all stakeholders,” he added.

The commissioner stated that 310 civil servants have been trained on the technology as 50 percent of the data processing will be done locally.

Monsurudeen Durowoju, the special adviser to the governor on mapping and GIS, in his welcome address, said that the success of the project so far has been as a result of the governor’s determination and the challenge given to him and other stakeholders in the industry on the need for the mapping and the establishment of the GIS in the state.

“Today’s presentation of 75 percent level of accomplishment across board on all the six modules of this project is a testimony to the fact that God, indeed has answered our prayers,” he stated.

The governor also added that, with the technology, people in Lagos will be located wherever they are, for government to know their problems and plan well to proffer solutions that would be tailored to their peculiar needs.

[img]http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?[/img]

http://www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5423386-147/story.csp
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by Gaminechic: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
@asha help me tell am o grin

@Sky Blue

75% i hope we wont have to wait another democratic cycle for the remaining 25%
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by SamMilla1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2009
hehehe, you can get a nav for like 100 euro here.
a very good one for that matter.
people should not fall like they fell for MTN when Gsm newly arrived.

sold at 18k,
and went down to 4 k when a competitor showed up,

Dont fall for that price peeps, its expensive,
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2009
@Poster

This is a fraud and I am sure we will pursue this to its logical conclusion.

The maps ported on this navigation device is from Third Dimension Technologies - owners and makers of street level maps of Nigeria, Garmin Satellite Navigation System for Nigeria - Navitel Navigation Systems for Nigeria, interactive mapping website of Nigeria - http://www.ceaser-web.com and many more propriatary mapping systems - I have had a look at the map on the system, it is our copyrighted maps - now, I dont remember selling any license to anyone to put the maps on this type of navigation system - but I am trying to realy find out who sold to you or where you got this device from.

We made the first navigation devices for Nigeria - 160 city maps with over 30000POIs and these presently sells for 40k - anyone who buys a china made product ported with maps that doesnt have a full copyright license is doing so at his or her own risk -

@Poster- if you beleive it is wrong for someone to steal another man's copyright and make economic gains out of it - kindly let me know the name of the company marketing these devices and where I can get hold of them - our website for those interested in the ours is http://www.ceaser-web.com

@Poster

It is my beleive that you will cooperate so that we can catch these intellectual property thief one and for all.

Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by jonsn: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
@Gaminechic
Oh dear, I guess thats why its still tested and not yet for sale.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by lacicrips(m): 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
Maybe.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2009
Now this is where it gets interesting. Copyright infringement?? In Nigeria I don't know who will listen.
Anyways, lets wait and see if Gaminechic has anything to say. Or would she cooperate with labiyemmy.
I love the product sha, and I wouldn't mind buying.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2009
PapaBrowne:

Now this is where it gets interesting. Copyright infringement?? In Nigeria I don't know who will listen.
Anyways, lets wait and see if Gaminechic has anything to say. Or would she cooperate with labiyemmy.
I love the product sha, and I wouldn't mind buying.

Well, you havent been concerned before, thats why you dont know that someone do listen.

We are working on nailing this bitch and she better be on the run, soon and soon enough. You dont go stealing somebody's handwork and calling it your own, it will never be allowed to happen.

Gaminechic - we are after that company.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by manny4life(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2009
@labiyemmy:

Well, you havent been concerned before, thats why you dont know that someone do listen.

We are working on nailing this bitch and she better be on the run, soon and soon enough. You dont go stealing somebody's handwork and calling it your own, it will never be allowed to happen.

Gaminechic - we are after that company.

First off calling her a bitch is totally unprofessional from someone who is claiming Copyright Infringement.

Second, Copyright Infringement is an unauthorized use of material in a manner that violates the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or perform the copyrighted work. With careful analysis, you have not proved that your end material was breached on Infringement, also
having known this, you claimed that your company "THIRD DIMENSIONAL COMPANIES" has the right to this products, but what you are not telling us is if Garmin Satellites, Navitel and Interactive Mapping granted your company the exclusive trade rights and Patent to your company. This mapping companies own these Intellectual rights and not your company and have the right to lease their knowledge to whomever they wish and its even done here in US which is what they did in your case. What you fail to understand there are several exclusion and exemptions to Copyright laws which in your case, a copyright does not prevent others from creating their own original product similar to that of yours, or from using or making the Navigation themselves.

Third, I don't know how strong Nigerian Copyright laws, its judicial argument and complications and its enforcement.

In conclusion based on your facts, you do not hold any case and its baseless and you cannot go after a company because you felt they producing same product as you do. Your company has to prove beyond reasonable doubt more than 70% of the fact that her product is a"clone" of your product, with evidential damages it has caused. Even in the US here, its really hard and expensive to fight copyright and in most cases the Plaintiff looses the cases.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by bluehorizo(m): 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2009
I am interested. Will i be able to get the street map of Agege,Alagbado,Iyana Ipaja,badagry,Ajegunle and Okokomaiko? Pls if it is possible let me hear back from you.
Re: The Best Satellite Navigation System In Nigeria? by fortknox: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
grin
I recently heard the hype about GARMAP on da radio, da truth is I have a step by step procedure on how to install it on your GPS enabled mobile phone, its something i have been using for a while before all da hype ,
If anyone is interested, do contact me.
on second thought, if i'm in a good mood, i'll upload all the required files + the complete GARMAP map of Nigeria and start an installation thread.
grin , truth is , it's simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Julius Berger Summoned Over Sambo’s N16bn Residence / New Police IG Adamu Speaks, Promises Change Of Strategy / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Isah Jere (NIS Boss) Despite Attaining Retirement Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.