Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,466 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

JAMB/UTME Slipping Off The Grasp Of 'the Lower Class' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB/UTME Slipping Off The Grasp Of 'the Lower Class' (293 Views)

Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? / 20,000 Register For Jamb’s UTME In Two Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

JAMB/UTME Slipping Off The Grasp Of 'the Lower Class' by fran6uc(m): 8:28am On Jan 13, 2016
The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination by JAMB which is the pre-requisite for gaining admissions into Nigerian tertiary institutions is an exam which is gradually proving too expensive for the lower class to afford. This is due in-no-small-part to the increasing cost of purchasing the scratch cards and registering it. I was opportuned to be in the midst of some Eligible candidates yesterday in the Kubwa area of Abuja who were painfully recounting how the card costs #5000 plus #1000 for the processing forms and an additional #500 for the 'use of english' texts to be handed out upon registration at the JAMB HQ located in Bwari, Abuja. Some have already decided upon what to engage in during the Hiatus (temporary or permanent) created by their inability to meet up with the monetary requirements of the exams while an awful lot have been thrown into quagmire by the situation with no solution in sight. I wonder how many after making all these efforts will still pass through the same phase at a possibly higher cost due to not being granted admission... Do you think Education is becoming the right of only a select few kids given the gruelsome economic state and the contemplation by some state to reduce the already-small minimum wage?
...My opinion & yours ofcourse!...

(1) (Reply)

Private Home Coaching / What Is It Going To Be This Year: To Do Or Not To Do? / Online SAP FICO Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.