Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,448 members, 7,864,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard (23083 Views)

Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC / GFATM Suspends Activities In Nigeria, Demands Probe By Buhari. / Photo: Senator Ben Bruce Plead With Nigerians To Support His Alternative Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by free2ryhme: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2016
The rape of the economy by cronies of Jonathan was unprecedented

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by charlesucheh(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
ISSORITE!!!! SO NA NOW THEM EYES OPEN ABI?
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Btruth: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
To be honest, any one that will come up with a book about Jonathan and his money sharing formular will definitely be a bestseller. N13b? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by prideofscience: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2016
south are the problem of Nigeria. I HATE PPLE WHO ARE GREEDY
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
If na my fflat headed brothers now, they wud think otherwise!

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
Chief Micheal Johnny should ask for his share of the cake and stop blaming the oven.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
prideofscience:
U got to kill this opinion of urs! Am frm d SS and am not greedy! U jus read how Tompolos pple jus disowned him! His pple re also from SS! Am currently living in d SW and there re pple there too who re terribly greedy! I knw so many Northernans who re aslo greedy! Why do u wanna put it squarely on d South?

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
The earth doesn't know about the existence of your linage. so i advice you shut up and be a gentle nairalander. Motherfucker...
prideofscience:
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by timilehin007(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

My point is that no one in Nigeria especially groups do not support the "right" thing unless they have something to gain.

Why are the PDP members in the House of Representatives calling for Metuh's release if not because his staying in custody endangers the political careers of many of them.

I still maintain that if Tompolo had given the community like N6b of that N13b, we would be hearing of protests and placards not the community calling for him to answer for the money.

That I believe you should have known citing your experience in the nature of Nigeria's politics. The war on corruption is a lone war against mighty odds, PMB should maintain a firm resolve to pursue this war. If he is waiting on support, he won't get very little, and most likely from those who want to be shielded from the war.

Let's call a spade a spade in Nigeria. Enough of the nit-picking.

-Lord

I just like you, the way you tackle issues the way you respond are classical. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Vic74real: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Correct. Yawa don gas. Chop alone mentality. Now that him people don turn against him, him go see smthg
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
timilehin007:

I just like you, the way you tackle issues the way you respond are classical. Keep it up bro.

Always humble mate.

All the best.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by rodbel(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
MendeZ:
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.

Please help us with pictures of said "fully equipped sites... temporary and permanent alike. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Masculity(m): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

What I meant is that, the community people (if the story is true) probably are the people who filed the petition against Tompolo.

As you can see, their problem is not that N13b was used to buy land (an outrageous amount by any standard), but that Tompolo received the money and only gave them circa N300m.

So, if Tompolo had shared the money like they wanted, maybe 60% for the community, and 40% for him, they would not be supporting this probe. They probably would have been protesting the court's decision to arrest Tompolo like the people of Oghara when Ibori was arrested and sentenced.

And as I said, that is the problem with ND. The communities are like the NGF, with the motto: "Share the money". If you don't you are corrupt and have to answer, if you do, you are a true son of the soil and should be left alone.

Little wonder why development is scarce in ND. Look at Warri, a supposed oil city. Community people don pursue all the companies finish, no meaningful development even though the state receives the second highest allocation in Nigeria, generates one of the top 5 highest IGR in the country and has one of the largest debt profile of all states, because of share the money mentality. All those money wasted because of the myopic mentality.

Sources tell me the current governor, Okowa has up to 200 special advisers and assistants all receiving bogus salaries and emoluments, aside the commissioners and their aides, agencies and other institutions. The same thing in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, even Rivers, and some idiots will say the underdevelopment is GEJ fault because he did not do anything in the region. Wetin he for do, build house for everybody for each community...

#rantends

-Lord

boss abeg help us rewrite our constitution because you really know our problem.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by sammyjizzy: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
greediness of the highest other
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Ganjafama(m): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2016
LordAdam:

Guy, na because of say Tompolo no share the money give them as them want.

Do you think Ayiri's people will support Ayiri's arrest even if anyone proves that he got his money fraudulently? After him give full community free fuel?

Na Nigeria we dey, no dey reason like jew man.

-Lord
Na who Ayiri don help? Dude am an Itsekiri. If Ayiri is found to have stolen any govt fund he should face the music, shikena!

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by AsianTotal: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
[size=13pt]If They Want Tompolo, They Should Come And Get Him![/size]

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by danot1030: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2016
Is only the igbos that support their corrupt sons other tribes insist they face the panel.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by emerged01(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
This is serious. Nigeria is more corrupt than what we thought.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by jkendy(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2016
Is not by supporting his prosecution that matters here. What matters the most now is how and where to find Gen. Tom
EFCC, don't be deceived by all these 'friendly' supports from the people. You dare step into the creeks, remember Ombatse vs Security Forces

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by kunle75(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
modath:

13b & he gave only 360m to his community shocked shocked

Abeg mathematicians in da house, wetin be dat sharing formula?.... Ratio what to what??

Jonathan is more generous than even papa Gode , the main G... Just dashing billions like small change for lil kids offering money!! cheesy

Ratio 96:4% to 3:6%

my mathematics is bad though...............
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
It is ONLY God that deliver this country from these looters; stealing from the state in respect of a piece of land. There is too much bureaucracy in government sef. My joy knows no bound that Jonathan lost the election; if not..........

God definitely has plans for Nigeria!

naijapips02:

The leaders and people of Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom, in Warri South-West Local Government Area, Delta State, have given their total support to the Economic and Finance Crimes Commission, EFCC, in its probe of Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, over the alleged N13 billion paid by Federal Government for the acquisition of the Maritime University land in the community.

The leaders, who spoke through Chief Micheal Johnny, yesterday in Warri, said now that Tompolo had admitted that the alleged N13 billion was approved by the Federal Executive Council, FEC and Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, Federal Ministry of Lands and Survey, Federal Ministry of Transport, NIMASA, the EFCC should ask Tompolo why Okerenkoko was paid only N360 million for the land.

They said Tompolo was not above the law and he should tell Nigerians the whereabouts of the balance of over N12billion, urging the EFCC to invite Tompolo and also the immediate former ministers of the aforementioned ministries and agency to explain their respective roles in the transaction.

The leaders insisted that EFCC should prosecute those involved in the diversion of the funds, recover same and given for the development of the community, which was razed down years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/alleged-n13bn-land-scam-okerenkoko-community-asks-efcc-to-probe-tompolo/

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by sweetgala(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
rodbel:

Please help us with pictures of said "fully equipped sites... temporary and permanent alike. Thanks and God bless

I agree with this, it is rather very annoying and infuriating how some individuals, Nigerians who have an equal stake in the success of this nation, who have an equal share can stoop so low as to defend such ridiculous actions.

13 billion for land, what is the real estate situation in that area for land to cost 13 billion, you can buy the whole state die that price

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by danot1030: 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
U got to kill this opinion of urs! Am frm d SS and am not greedy! U jus read how Tompolos pple jus disowned him! His pple re also from SS! Am currently living in d SW and there re pple there too who re terribly greedy! I knw so many Northernans who re aslo greedy! Why do u wanna put it squarely on d South?
Don't mind that guy, check the list of individuals that are involve in the dasukigate majorities are from the north, so I don't understand his conclusion that the south are most greedy.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by tansho(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
omenka:
Wow. So Olisa Metuh "shared money to his people as they want".

How could I have thought Metuh wasn't so generous??

Thanks for the info bro.

Abeg just leave Olisa Metuh out of this. He can't share anything with anyone. Stingy die
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by LordAdam: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Ganjafama:
Na who Ayiri don help? Dude am an Itsekiri. If Ayiri is found to have stolen any govt fund he should face the music, shikena!

Guy, una two come from the same community? Ayiri na Lord for him community. You know how d tin b 4 Oghara, no body born u well mk u yarn rubbish with Ibori name for inside Oghara. Say una two na Itsekiri no be d tin, e get Urhobos n Itsekes wen no lyk Ibori.

The relevance of my statement is that the community will not be calling for his head if he had shared the money well.

Me I no send, when dem dey pay Tompolo N1b per month, he no fit even use small money start legit business wen go employ plenty people, na to go buy war ship. Mk e paddle e canoe, mk me paddle my canoe abeg...

-Lord
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by bakila: 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
MendeZ:
Ignorance is really a disease

To Make it clear to those who don't know what transpired:

The Money in question was paid for the acquisition of the temporary site and structures on it which was built personally by Tompolo. And also for the virgin land of the permanent site which is different from the temporary site. The temporary site contains multi billion naira structures that are fully equipped to the fullest.

Michael Jonny is not speaking for the community, he is an APC chieftain trying to get favour from the present administration.
Multi billion as in N1,000,000,000. Or number of sands on the site?
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
danot1030:
Don't mind that guy, check the list of individuals that are involve in the dasukigate majorities are from the north, so I don't understand his conclusion that the south are most greedy.
The Dasukigate issue is jus one single scandal and this govt is yet to touch on other areas, e.g NNPC! Besides PMB only wants to use Dansuki a Northerna, as example so that when he eventually descends southward nobody will scream selective war on corruption!
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by hollandis(f): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
Let them go and arrest him in the creeks.I dare their fathers bunch of cowards
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
advocates:
The difference between other tribes and Biafrans is the ability to see evil and call it by its name. The biafrans through their actions of defending perceived politicians from igbo extraction has given credence to their criminality tendency they are known for. However, we enjoined the govt to make it a matter of law and principle to put behind bar anyone who allowed himself be used as a willful tool in the hands of politicians to carry out protest against the interest of the country

'Saint Yoruba tribe', pls Tell me where Yorubas has come out to say Tinubu,OBJ AND fASHOLA are Criminals,
Prove it and i will call on all Igbos to support the incarceration of Olisa Metuh even as a competent court has not found him guilty.
You ppl are even defending Rotimi amaechi who is not from you tribe just because he shared the money to your elder statemen.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by 01Mysticdon(m): 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
I declare war on the Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Niger Delta Oye! Boys na to carry kala dy wait for the army wey wan arrest Tompolo.
Niger Delta.
Re: Tompolo's People Support His Probe By EFCC - Vanguard by amtaken(f): 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2016
If it's against APC you will doubt the source and call Vanguard a partisan paper.
tuale4u:
Good news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Loses N11.2m To Peace Corps In Human Rights Suit [DOCUMENTS] / National Assembly Leadership: APC Caucus Frets, Hopes To Stop Saraki, Dogara / Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.