Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,372 members, 7,868,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:48 AM

Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu (366 Views)

"It Took Us 10 Days To Count N1.2bn Money Dasuki Gave Fayose" - Witness / Jonathan Under Attack For Saying Dasuki Didn’t Steal $2.1bn / JUST IN: Sambo Dasuki Gave Newspaper Outfits N10m Each Through Obaigbena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu by neolboy(m): 10:54am On Jan 13, 2016
A one-time presidential candidate and former boss of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, has denied receiving, let alone making any refund of monies he purportedly got from embattled former National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki.

The EFCC is currently prosecuting Dasuki for diverting over $2.1 billion meant for arms purchase to fight Boko Haram to various individuals for the 2015 general elections.

Mr. Ribadu in a statement on Tuesday said those trying to discreetly plant a story against him in the media should come forward with documentary evidence to suggest that he collected money from the ex-NSA or had made some refunds to government.

“My attention has been drawn to insinuations in certain quarters of my purported repayment of some monies I was allegedly given by the former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd)”, Mr. Ribadu said.

“For the record, let me categorically state that I had nothing to do with the former NSA while he was in office. I cannot remember meeting him at any time while he held sway.

“It is therefore shocking for me to be accused of receiving something from someone I never had any relationship with, not to talk of refunding money he gave me”, said Ribadu.

The PDP governorship candidate in the last general elections in Adamawa State insisted that he did not receive any money from the former NSA either directly or through a proxy

“There is therefore no reason for me to make any refund”, he said, adding “I have not been contacted by any security agency on this matter to warrant any action of that nature on my part”.

source:www.informationng.com/2016/01/2-1b-arms-scandal-i-never-had-any-dealing-with-dasuki-ribadu.html
Re: Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu by geesampower(m): 10:59am On Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm... El-rufai?
This $2.1billion scandal will affect a lot of politicians in the long run. Apc, pdp, sdp, apga. Just a matter of time
Re: Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu by alatbaba1(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2016
Heheheheh. Funny ppl
Re: Stop Saying Dasuki Gave Me Money For My Governorship Election- Ribadu by 4reala(m): 11:13am On Jan 13, 2016
U never begin talk true, wait until wen u are invited by d EFCC, dat tym u go begin sing diff tune grin

(1) (Reply)

APC: The Earlier The Better / Chanji Dole!!! The Biggest Scam Of Modern Nigeria / Physical Transformation Of President Barrack Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.